Lockdown (And Beyond) Hatchlings

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Lockdown Hatchlings

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’d have been lost without the library being open. I used to go every Saturday to change mine and my Nanna’s books. There were only 4 channels on TV when I was 10.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:36 pm I’d have been lost without the library being open. I used to go every Saturday to change mine and my Nanna’s books. There were only 4 channels on TV when I was 10.
I was quite a self contained child and very happy in my make believe world with my teds and Pippa dolls. However like Pip I would have been totally bereft without books to read. I read for hours and hours and used to save my pocket money for books and use the library.

I imagine I would have made a lot of furniture for Pippa's house boat and lots and lots of dolls clothes from my mums scrap bag.
Malan
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:36 pm I’d have been lost without the library being open. I used to go every Saturday to change mine and my Nanna’s books. There were only 4 channels on TV when I was 10.
4 channels! You were spoilt! :lol:

I lived in hole in road etc etc
Malan
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

:lol:
Jet

Post by Jet »

I didn’t mean my post to sound like I was measuring success in any way! :mog: far from it.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

J is being absolutely vile at the moment: aggressive, rude and obnoxious. I've banned Fortnite indefinitely, which I feel less worried about since I realised he does phone his friends occasionally, so hopefully I'll be able to work out if it has any impact. He did say he'd just carry on being obnoxious to prove the two aren't related, he's not daft :lol: but I don't think he's got the staying power. My friend pointed out that we're probably bearing the brunt of a lot of sarcasm etc that they'd normally use on their friends but I'm not sweating the small stuff; his behaviour is really awful.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Good luck, Lora!

Regression is definitely a thing here. D keeps using a baby voice and sucking his thumb and J definitely needs to the influence of his peers to steer his behaviour as he’s quite immature by nature anyway.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Similar here. The SAM is foul - snide and sarcastic - full teenager mode. N is being a total baby. I blasted them both yesterday though and it seems to have had an effect. I am in work today anyway, so at least I get away for a few hours.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

My children were both horrendous at the weekend. Fighting constantly with each other, screaming, shouting, slamming doors, being rude and vile. G screamed at me to shut up, C hit me, etc etc etc. It was awful. Then perfectly fine yesterday and today. Playing nicely together and avoiding me in case I try and rope them into school work.

G got a bit agitated yesterday, took himself off for a bike ride and was fine afterwards. I told him he handled it really well as he normally can’t/won’t recognise when he’s getting out of control.

By most people’s standards I’m sure we’re not doing particularly well though :lol:. No school work, still in PJs etc. But they’re happy enough so I’m accepting that as being as good as it’s going to get.
smalex

Post by smalex »

W keeps doing this fake lispy baby voice too. He had a spate of it about 6 months ago and we really had to have a go at him to stop it, then since this, it's crept back in again. It literally puts my teeth on edge I find it so irritating.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I have to tell C to use her normal voice almost constantly some days. I did briefly wonder whether I was being unfair and her normal voice is actually that of a lisping whingey baby :lol:.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

We are all living in pyjamas, squizz. I don't care, as long as they wash and wear *something* clean. Also, jack hasn't done any schoolwork at all, and Joe is doing about an hour a day, but I have no fucks to give. Also, I am getting very little PhD work done, so I can't talk :))
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Squirrel wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:00 am I have to tell C to use her normal voice almost constantly some days. I did briefly wonder whether I was being unfair and her normal voice is actually that of a lisping whingey baby :lol:.
I keep bellowing “I AM NOT LISTENING TO THAT VOICE”. #sympathic
viggy

Post by viggy »

BM has been getting incredibly teary at any mention of school work - she loves school, so I think it's either the pressure she hates, or it's all just a bit emotional. I basically left her to her own devices while I worked from home until about 4pm, when I said no screens. The next two hours she wrote a letter, then a poem, did a craft activity, made three pictures, danced and sang. Then at bedtime she voluntarily read a whole chapter out loud to me. That's SO much more than we would have achieved when I'm trying to her her to home school.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Had a great day here yesterday, today she's being a complete arsehole. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to it.

I guess I'm lucky in a strange way, she goes back to her mum on Friday so I will get a break from dealing with this shit.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

viggy wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:03 am BM has been getting incredibly teary at any mention of school work - she loves school, so I think it's either the pressure she hates, or it's all just a bit emotional. I basically left her to her own devices while I worked from home until about 4pm, when I said no screens. The next two hours she wrote a letter, then a poem, did a craft activity, made three pictures, danced and sang. Then at bedtime she voluntarily read a whole chapter out loud to me. That's SO much more than we would have achieved when I'm trying to her her to home school.
I honestly think that's the absolute best way of dealing with it. There will be some days where nothing gets done and other days that are incredibly productive.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Elvis has to amuse herself whilst Sproglette is doing her couple of hours of schoolwork (they've only got the one laptop between them) and runs out of steam after a bit of 'educational' iPad/TV stuff, so I printed off a 30 day lego challenge for her. It's from Twinkl so not as American as the one doing the rounds earlier. anyway, she's halfway through it and has done fuck all apart from lego today. She's in her bloody element but it's not going to keep her going for the 30 days. :lol:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Elvis finally cracked this morning. She seemed to alternate between screaming and sobbing, and P couldn’t do a thing right. By lunchtime, Sproglette was also crying with the stress of it all so I took her out for a walk. It give her sister the space to conk out and she seems better for a long nap.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Chunk had a long nap this afternoon too. I think it’s all getting a bit much for them all. :sad:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I’m sorry so many Hatchlings (and Turtles by extension) are struggling.

Homeschooling has been ok here, mainly as I’ve run out of fucks to give the past week. I think mine will really struggle with going back to the routine of school as they’ve enjoyed being home a bit too much.