Tiny Turtle Hatchlings

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: Tiny Turtle Hatchlings

Post by Kenickie »

:lol: he did put trousers on them after I pointed it out. ;)

Yeah, he didn't mean anything bad by it, and he is a brilliant dad and husband 99% of the time, but it wound me right up! :lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Well, I have to take it back anyway as it turns out Tim had woken up an hour or so before that, just wanting a cuddle, which P sorted out without waking me, so he was letting me know that might not work again. :look: :lol:
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

I tried to reply to this this morning, but my post got lost when I was feeding, and I got all riled up writing about similar incidents we’ve had despite things being pretty rosy just now so it’s probably for the best :lol: I’m glad he’s doing things like secret cuddles while you sleep,
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

She interrupted that post too so I decided not to lose another one :lol: I’m glad it made more sense in the morning, sometimes these things do. Like Beatrix I had to coax C out of insisting ‘that’s her “hungry cry”’ every time she made any kind of peep whilst he was in charge. It wasn’t, but I think it’s a panic button for them sometimes as well as (even if they don’t consciously mean it this way) get out of jail free card.

We had solid food today!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Yes, I think you're right about it being a panic button, and I guess it must be hard not being able to be the person that can often instantly solve stuff with food.

We got out for lunch today, and they both slept all the way through it so were able to have a really nice chat. :love:

Solids! What did she have and did she like it?
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Pureed broccoli followed by sweet potato, and no it was a resounding WTF from her :lol: She did seem to eat a wee bit as time went on (as opposed to being surprised into finding food in her mouth) but it was hard to tell. A fun start, though :))
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Her face! :lol: :love:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Leap wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:38 pm
I’m going to have a little moan :look: I have reached my limit today of being expected to manage C’s precious feelings on and about tasks related to the baby. His constant whine is that I am only ever cRiTiCaL on things he does, when what he means is that I sometimes give advice/feedback about things I have already learned the hard way and practice several times a day, and I otherwise do not provide constant praise and reinforcement about baby related things. I have run out of ways to explain to him that that’s just fucking life, no one runs around cheerleading ME during the day when things go well, and I would absolutely LOVE to have had someone around to give me pointers specific to our child on hard tasks rather than having had to learn the hard way over and over again so I am genuinely intending to help (him, but most of all Hop.)
I honestly cannot sympathise with this more - I feel like I’m bleating on about this everywhere at the moment but it’s so important to keep having this conversation.

Mr O and I had it again last night - in a really measured and adult way but it’s taken us ages to get here. The boys are 7 & 9 and I wish we’d started to talking about this much earlier.

I have explained (screamed :look: ) to Mr O’s why things need to be done when and why in the way I’ve suggested. I even said to him that I’m doing this stuff all the time so to withhold ways to make it easier seems arseholey of me but I was happy to do that if he found it offensive.

We figure it out as we go along because we have to so sharing what we’ve learned is about making this easier and nothing to do with control. It took a while for me to get this through to Mr O and also admittedly to stop following him around and correcting him but we got this. I really wish we’d hammered this out when the boys were smaller though so I think whilst it’s a horrible argument to keep having it’ll really really be worth it.

How is Hop on solid food already? And how lovely that you managed to get out for lunch, Ken!

Hop’s face in the last photo! :lol:
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

olive wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:37 pm We figure it out as we go along because we have to so sharing what we’ve learned is about making this easier and nothing to do with control.
This is SUCH a clear description I am going to have to bank it. I find it so hard to articulate to him because on one hand he gets angry at me for giving advice, but on the other complains that I don't offer praise and when I (we!) are struggling with an issue asks me 'What do you need me to do?' rather than being part of coming up with suggestions. So I am considered to be in charge/control when it suits him, but insufferable at all other times apparently (exaggeration but not when we are falling out :look: ).

I do have to add that we've just had 3 days together as he took Friday off, and we got into a much better rhythm this time around when the transition into the weekend can sometimes be quite hard. We still have a mega blow out ahead of us (probably Christmas!) because he is still more inclined towards the world famous Hurt Bunny & Flounce move when frustrated and we need to nip that in the bud, and I'm sure I do plenty of unnecessary 'correcting' when I need to just shut up and let him get on with it, but this was a really good start.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Leap wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:31 amI find it so hard to articulate to him because on one hand he gets angry at me for giving advice, but on the other complains that I don't offer praise and when I (we!) are struggling with an issue asks me 'What do you need me to do?' rather than being part of coming up with suggestions. So I am considered to be in charge/control when it suits him, but insufferable at all other times apparently (exaggeration but not when we are falling out :look: ).
This is a really clear description of pretty much all hetero couple issues, I reckon. Women are expected to be responsible for areas without controlling them.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Hop's face! :lol: That's amazing! Is she starting to enjoy it more now?

I have a baby that appears to want to start moving about already! :look: Thankfully he doesn't have much strength in his arms to get very far, but we did have to move that table out of the way after he boofed his head on it. I'm kind of hoping it's a temporary blip, and he'll go back to not doing very much, soon!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Wow, what a clever boy! And look at that thigh chub. :love:

I went to the clinic today to get them weighed. It's totally do it yourself which I wasn't expecting. Both have gone up a centile since last month. They have their injections in a bit so I'm hoping they go a bit better! Does Conchie have his soon too?

That's so infuriating Beatrix.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Oh don't get me started. His injections were meant to be this morning and they phoned to cancel as we were on our way there. So they'll be next Friday now. I really hate our local practice, as I seem to get in a bad mood every time I have dealings with the place!

That's amazing they have gone up a percentile! Well done to all of you.

We had a HV appointment today too, she's happy with his weight gain, which I'm pleased about, as she wanted to keep an eye on it last time. I didn't have the usual 50 questions about sneezes this time either! Will see her again in a month.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh that's awful cancelling when you'd already left! They should know how difficult it is to get out with a baby.

I'm glad his weight gain is good and that you avoided the sneeze interrogation! Obviously he must have passed the test last time. :lol:

I haven't heard anything from my HV for a month now, do they just leave you alone until the one year check unless there's something to follow up on, or should I also be seeing her once a month?

We had the injection. Only one this time so much less traumatic and they settled much better afterwards. They actually swallowed the rotavirus stuff this time too.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

That's good they were better at the injection. I've been v dreading it again. D had the day off work today to come with me, but he'll be at work next week.

I can't actually remember how often the HV visits. I feel like I've seen this one loads more than I did with J, but she does seem to be a lot more thorough! I'll need to check his red book. She's still doing home visits too, which annoys me. I have to make sure the house is clean and tidy for her! :lol:

I've checked J's Moment Garden, and he had an 8 week check, but wasn't seen again until 4 months, then 6 months then a year.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I never bothered cleaning or doing much tidying. I loved having home visits. The clinic is right in the middle of the city so a faff to get to especially in the cold.

That's even worse that D had taken the day off for it. I'm enraged on your behalf!

Ah, thanks, I'll wait to see if she contacts me at four months then.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I mentioned in the IWLTS thread that my Nan became a great grandma this week, when my favourite cousin had a daughter with his girlfriend.

I remember very vividly meeting him for the first time when he was 9 days old on Christmas Eve 1988 and his girlfriend is just lovely. We were pretty close growing up so I wanted to share this photo of him with his daughter. Which is now removed!
Last edited by Hazey_Jane on Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Tiny and adorable! :love2:

This is going to make me sound like such a simpleton, but it is still not very believable to me that Hop and my nieces and nephews will really all be adults some day. :lol: I think it’s because I have no extended family and I am the youngest, so I’m yet to see someone grow up besides myself? It is lovely to see.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol: I know what you mean though.

How's everyone doing? I hope that the injection wasn't bad for Conchie. I hope he and Hop are enjoying all the Christmas stuff.

I had a blister on my nipple a couple of days ago which caused absolutely excruciating pain. It's the only time I've thought seriously about giving up. The silver lining though was that I ended up expressing with a manual pump I picked up in Asda a while back as it was reduced, as it was the only thing I could bear to drain the breast. I'd kind of said that I couldn't be arsed ever expressing as it seemed too much faff, but actually it wasn't too bad at all and both Topsy and Tim happily had bottles! I've got a potential KIT day at the end of Jan which I was a bit unsure about logistically but this means I can just build up a stash and leave them with P. And means that I'd be a lot freer to go out at some point on my own.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

That’s really positive, Ken.

Our final injections were scheduled for Christmas Eve :mog: and I remember those being the worst (Tupac was fine with the first two) So I’ve rescheduled for the week after because, fuck that :lol:

My health visitor (who initially I did dismiss because she seemed a bit woo telling me to give Biggie orange juice when he was 2 weeks old for his constipation) has been really good this time, she often just rings to check he’s doing ok (he’s on quite a bit of medication for it now but it’s sorted him out, plus bizarrely at her recommendation a trip to the chiropractor to straighten him out) and she always wear bright tights and owns it :lol:

We’ve moved to 4 weekly weighs now, she usually makes the next appt. each time I see her, so next one is 20 weeks. I think they stop after 20 weeks for a bit.

Rhod! I hope that was a freak one off :eek: I really hated the crawling stage :look: