Early Pregnancy Thread

F'Artiste

Re: Early Pregnancy Thread

Post by F'Artiste »

Congratulations! :disco:. August babies are lovely :love: (as I’m sure are September ;) ).
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Thank you all! I had bog standard horrible morning sickness with L, so I wasn’t prepared for this at all, but I’m feeling pretty lucky that the cyclizine is working for me because I know a lot of women need much more in the way of treatment. Poor M is totally shattered now - his job is full-on anyway, but he’s been doing full days of online teaching whilst trying to home school a very reluctant bouncing-off-the-walls L. I don’t know which of them was happier about yesterday’s news about Scottish schools. :lol:
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Massive congratulations! I'm so pleased and excited for you!

So sorry about the HG though, it really is the worst. It's great that cyclizine is working but don't hesitate to go back if it becomes less effective. Fingers crossed that it doesn't last all the way through. Are you getting the horrible cyclizine tiredness side effect (on top of the regular pregnancy tiredness!).
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

:love2: Congratulations! Is it your first? So exciting, we've got a little turtle boom now with 3 of us!

Glad the scan went well. Sorry about the HG, hope it passes soon and you can find ways to manage.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Awww lovely news, congratulations!
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Awww congratulations, Tits! That’s amazing news! We did exactly that with Hop, we’d even had an 8 week scan but still booked a private 11 week one when the dating scan ended up being closer to 13 weeks and it was unbearable not knowing.

I’m so sorry about your HG, but glad the drugs are helping. I’m just constant nausea but I know it’s the significantly lesser of all the morning sickness evils.

I’m 11 weeks now so just a week’s difference! Very excited for you all :weewee:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

TWO Glasgow hatchlings!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Congratulations, Tits! Xxxx
Malan
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Fantastic news, Tits!
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

sally maclennane wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:24 pm TWO Glasgow hatchlings!
OOH that’s a point, will you be at PR or QEUH Tits? :sherlock: Imagine us going in at the same time and able to meet each other’s babies but not introduce them to anyone else :lol: (Although of course all restrictions will be over by then :uhh: )
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Congratulations, both!
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Kenickie wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:30 pm Are you getting the horrible cyclizine tiredness side effect (on top of the regular pregnancy tiredness!).
I have been really tired, but to be honest I’m fine with that because I don’t have to be anywhere and I don’t feel sick when I’m sleeping or when I’ve just recently woken up. :))

I’m at the RAH, Leap. I was a bit taken aback when I got the letter because I’d assumed it’d be at the QE! Where are you going to be?

It’s my second, hhc. My daughter is 7 (8 in April! :faint: ) and has always wanted to be a big sister. We decided to tell her after the scan because she’d been starting to worry about me being ill for so long, and she’s thrilled. :))
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Oh, Tits! This is lovely news. Congratulations!
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Tits McGee wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:20 pm I’m at the RAH, Leap. I was a bit taken aback when I got the letter because I’d assumed it’d be at the QE!
You can give birth at any hospital (actually, anywhere) you choose. If you prefer QE, tell your midwife; you don't have to ask permission.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Aaah, to be a big sister is so exciting! And you and Leap together, that's fab.

I was given a choice of 3 hospitals/birth centres when I filled in my booking in form at 6 weeks and the midwife then checked with me.

I've got my 20 week scan tomorrow.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

I don’t know why I assumed you’d be in one of the more central hospitals as I don’t even know where you stay :lol: I was given the choice of PR and Wishaw as I’m right on the border between the 2 apparently, and they seemed really flummoxed when I asked how I decide as I was a bit ambivalent. In the end I went for PR again as I had a terrible induction there but amazing section experience, and all signs point to section again this time.

Good luck for tomorrow, coo!
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Aw, congrats Tits. :love2: Sorry you’re feeling rotten though.

Good luck for tomorrow, HHC!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's so lovely that L is thrilled.

I'm glad you're coping ok with the tiredness but I hope it all eases soon.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Loralei wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:07 pm
Tits McGee wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:20 pm I’m at the RAH, Leap. I was a bit taken aback when I got the letter because I’d assumed it’d be at the QE!
You can give birth at any hospital (actually, anywhere) you choose. If you prefer QE, tell your midwife; you don't have to ask permission.
Is this still the case with current COVID restrictions? When I called 111 with my broken ankle they wouldn't refer me/let me go to an A&E that was quicker to get to because it was outside my health board, I assumed it would be the same with giving birth.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Congratulations Tits, what lovely news! I do hope you feel better soon, you poor thing.