Tiny Turtle Hatchlings

F'Artiste

Re: Tiny Turtle Hatchlings

Post by F'Artiste »

A2 is like that Beatrix, and likes to occasionally playfully bite me too (during breastfeeding as much as anything else :cry: ). But at 2 he’s way too old for this thread now.

You’re doing so well Paris, honestly I spent a good chunk of V and A2’s first few months mindlessly watching Masterchef . And you don’t necessarily have the same support you may have had pre COVID, so definitely take that time for yourself before moving starts.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I totally agree with Beatrix. And I think watching drag queens is excellent for their development, although I have ended up with a daughter who spent half an hour making fart sounds on my leg this afternoon. :look:

If you do want to do something there's lots of baby sensory or music stuff free on YouTube, but anything involving looking at the world is more than enough really.

Sleeping through already is absolutely brilliant!

Would love to see more pictures if you feel like sharing.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

https://youtu.be/yFXmDkWJsKo

I've done a few of hers which were good but more suited to younger babies like yours (especially the early ones).
Paris Stilton

Post by Paris Stilton »

Kenickie wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:05 pm I totally agree with Beatrix. And I think watching drag queens is excellent for their development, although I have ended up with a daughter who spent half an hour making fart sounds on my leg this afternoon. :look:
Well I think she sounds excellent! :lol: The toddlers too - they sound so much fun.

Thank you for the link Ken - that's exactly the sort of thing I need! I'll definitely give some of those ideas a go (between Drag Races :) )

And thank you too for the reassurance. I will enjoy my next sofa and cuppa day guilt-free!
Last edited by Paris Stilton on Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Oh he’s lovely! :love2: and I love his sunflower onesie!
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

He's gorgeous! I love the sunflowers. :love:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

He's gorgeous! And that's an amazing babygro. He really looks like he's plotting something. Or maybe just trying to work out who should be lip syncing for their life. ;)
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

He’s so lovely, Paris! :love2: He looks very thoughtful. I am also mad keen on his sunflowers.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Cluef! How are you doing?!
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Hi Ken!

I am fit to burst. Thank you for asking. :)) Will update the other thread so that anyone here looking for cute children will not be appalled by my decidedly un-cute self. :))
Paris Stilton

Post by Paris Stilton »

Thank you all :hbeat:. He's actually a really smiley chap but I love that serious photo - I think it's because his head looks perfectly round. :lol:
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

My baby is 1! I swear it feels like he should only be 6 months old.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Cute!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Happy birthday to a gorgeous boy! His hair is amazing, it really makes him look grown up.

Did he enjoy the day? Did he have cake?
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

J had the same hair! Poor boys get it from me!

He only had the tiniest crumb of cake, because I'm very mean! :lol:

He had a good day thank you. J especially loved all the presents!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol: I bet J did! I'm sure he had fun testing some of them out too. ;)

Mine still have the thin baby hair so I'm very jealous of his proper locks.

Glad you all had a good time. Can't believe we have one year olds, it seems like not long ago we were pregnant. But also like another lifetime. ;)

Has he got his vaccinations coming up soon now?

I've stopped feeding Topsy and Tim during the day (so just morning, bedtime and night wakes now). I feel so much better for it. It's such a relief to be able to just pour milk from a bottle into a cup during the day. It's also nice not to have to read food labels carefully for hidden honey etc, and relax about salt (although I'm still not adding it to stuff we cook).

Next step is to sort out a bedroom for them so they can have their own room.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Pregnancy feels like a lifetime ago, but his birth feels like yesterday!

His vaccinations are on the 30th. I'm not looking forward to it!

That's great you've managed to stop feeding during the day. It must make such a difference.

Conchie still has for his naps. He only naps once or twice a day though. Night time wake ups are always up and down. Some nights it feels like he's awake every half an hour.

Do you have an steps yet? Conchie has only just started to cruise round furniture properly, but he much prefers to crawl. He's SO fast though, I guess he figures he can get some who quicker by crawling!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Hope the jabs go ok. :fc:

I think the best thing about stopping day feeding is that I can go back to normal clothes!

Night wake-ups are very up and down here too, which is why I keep delaying the move into their own room as I can't be arsed actually getting in and out of bed all night.

No sign of getting close to any steps! Tim is much better at standing and cruising. Topsy can now pull herself up pretty well but often forgets how to get down and definitely can't move once she's up. :lol: I can't work out if walking will actually be easier than the fast crawling at first as at least it will be a bit slower to start off with!
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh my goodness, yes his hair! Happy, happy birthday Conchie :love2:
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh I missed a page! I’m glad dropping feeds has been straightforward all round so far. I’m still on night feeds but approaching readiness to drop them. She’s had a really wild few weeks of teething though and I’m still at a loss for what to do at wake ups if it’s not feeding. Cuddles, rocking, singing etc have never worked for her, only made her more upset, and we never replaced feeds with anything directly that we could give her instead.

It took Hop a while between being able to take steps and actually walking, totally contrary to what I feel like everyone told me that as soon as they can, they will. Soft play was the turning point for her, she got really confident there and is just this weird little upright human all the time now. :love2: