Early Pregnancy Thread

Hazey_Jane

Re: Early Pregnancy Thread

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Have a very cautious squeeeee from me Viggy!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

So so excited for you! :love: :love:

I've got my 12 week scan tomorrow. :fc: I've had lots of weird crampy pains in the last couple of days so am hoping that doesn't mean anything untoward, but at least I've only got a few more hours to wait.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Fingers crossed for tomorrow Ken! I don’t think I realised you could find out the sex before the 12 week scan - seems like stuff has changed a bit in the last decade :lol:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I've got that too, this is more periody type cramps. I'm hoping it's just stuff still expanding and moving about, and I'm just being a drama llama. A bit like an American from a pregnancy group I'm in who insisted her doctor did get an extra ultrasound today as she accidentally ate a bite of blue cheese yesterday. :lol:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Thanks, and it's only with the NIPT test, because it looks at DNA they can tell at this point. I think most still find out at the twenty week scan or birth. ;)
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Kenickie wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:58 pm I've got that too, this is more periody type cramps. I'm hoping it's just stuff still expanding and moving about, and I'm just being a drama llama. A bit like an American from a pregnancy group I'm in who insisted her doctor did get an extra ultrasound today as she accidentally ate a bite of blue cheese yesterday. :lol:
:lol: I find participating in the forums/fb pages as a second timer to be a very humbling experience :)). I’m usually most of the way through an eye roll before I catch myself and remember either a similar or even more inane thing I fully obsessed about.

This thread, bursting with babies :weewee: All fingers crossed for tomorrow, K.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Kenickie wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:59 pm Thanks, and it's only with the NIPT test, because it looks at DNA they can tell at this point. I think most still find out at the twenty week scan or birth. ;)
Aah, that makes sense, thank you! You’ve reminded me I need to call the community midwife as I assume as a geriatric there may be tests to do.
viggy

Post by viggy »

I’ve caved and bought maternity jeans from Vinted already :look: I still had a bit of extra weight from Christmas / eating through the morning sickness for the last pregnancy, and my jeans are seriously digging in.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I was in maternity from eight weeks. :dotty: I don't think stomach muscles put up any sort of a fight after the first time. :lol:

I'm actually at an annoying stage though where maternity jeans fall down a bit, so the only thing that's currently comfortable is leggings.
mischief

Post by mischief »

My daughter in law recently had her 3rd round of ivf. She had a scan on Tuesday at 7 weeks and there is a very strong heartbeat. I am trying to keep a lid on my excitement and failing miserably
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

How exciting, Mischief! :weewee:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

:fc: :weewee: for you mischief!
Little My

Post by Little My »

Lovely! :turtle: :fc:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Everything crossed for her!
viggy

Post by viggy »

Thanks to various admin fuck ups and what I can only assume is chronic understaffing, my booking in appointment, which is supposed to happen between 8 and 12 weeks, is when I’m 13 weeks and on holiday. I only got the letter today, called up straight away, and the only other appointment they have is when I’m 14+2, with a “12 week scan” when I’m 14+6 :ella:

My main concern is the screening blood tests and the nuchal translucency which are supposed to happen between 11 and 14 weeks - waiting until 14+6 doesn’t seem right, I’m 42 FFS. The irony is I have a twin clinic appointment and a scan next week when I’m 12 weeks, but apparently “that’s a different system”.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh that’s seriously crap, viggy, I totally agree. Can you/will you try to escalate further or does this feel like a total closed door? And how are you keeping in general?
viggy

Post by viggy »

I’m awake in the middle of the night researching private NIPT tests near me :lg: It’s going to cost £400 which feels like a lot to pay for something I should be offered through the NHS, but if they can’t guarantee they’ll do the nuchal translucency and blood screening on Tuesday, I might be, what, 16 weeks before the first results come back and they decide whether to put me forward for NIPT on the NHS? 17 weeks before I get those results, assuming they can actually offer me an appointment straight away?

I am expanding rapidly and I am EXHAUSTED - it’s getting increasingly hard to hide this pregnancy already, I’m having migraines every other week, I’m struggling to sleep, my poor colleagues think I have long Covid because my symptoms coincided with getting Covid at the start of February. I just want to know everything is OK, especially after the missed miscarriage a few months ago.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think you should be a squeaky wheel. I was scanned at over 14 weeks both times and I wish I’d pushed for earlier. Also book the private scan, I wish I’d done that too.
viggy

Post by viggy »

I’m so annoyed with myself, I should have made a bigger fuss when I called up last week - they told me they had the referral in the system but no one had looked at it yet. I asked if there was any way it could be prioritised (42 yo, 10 weeks pregnant with twins) and was just told a flat no. :lg:

Anyway, I’ve booked the NIPT for this afternoon and I’m going to put in a complaint - it’s not about blaming any of the individuals, but the system is awful and a lot of this could have been avoided if the EPU was able to set up my booking in and “official” 12 week scan the same time as my twin clinic appointments.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Well done on booking the NIPT Vig. Annoying that you have to shell out for it but reassurance and more knowledge are worth their weight in gold.