Buns in the oven

F'Artiste

Re: Buns in the oven

Post by F'Artiste »

Oh vigs. I’m sorry, I hope the next scan is a bit more steady.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Oh, Viggy. It’s such a rollercoaster of emotions. I hope you’re ok and that the next scan is better news. I can’t imagine how you and L must be feeling.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I’m sorry everything is so unsettled, Viggy. Keeping everything crossed for reassuring news for you at the next scan.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Oh no Vigs, I'm so sorry this newest issue has been added into the mix. Got everything crossed for it resolving itself 🤞
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I'm sorry. I hope your get better news on Monday.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Oh viggy! Everything crossed for better news on Monday.
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
viggy

Post by viggy »

Fluid levels have come down again, they’re only 0.2cm over the maximum so the consultant is happy to step down to scans once a week! I’m quite surprised to be honest, but their growth is on track and all other measurements have been consistently fine (blood flow, organs etc) so I suppose she’s looking at the bigger picture and seeing Thursday as just one of those things.
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

Thank goodness Vigs! I can imagine you'll find it very hard to relax between scans but fingers crossed for a smoother ride now x
Glint

Post by Glint »

Let's hope this is the start of a less stressful pregnancy for you :fc:
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Fingers crossed for smooth sailing from now on, Vigs :fc: :turtle:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's great news! I hope the levels stay down.

This is completely trivial in comparison, but I just need a rant as I have totally had it with sickness now and it's probably good to have this to re-read if hormonal broodiness kicks in again. :lol: I thought it was getting a little better but a couple of days ago it was particularly bas and I was up at 4am vomiting (definitely not something I ate). 6 months now of, even at my best, feeling constantly nauseated. I guess I shouldn't complain too much as I knew this was a possibility, and I am able to eat at the moment, but rarely past about 5pm. I was also really hoping that I wouldn't have it all the way through this time, but at 25 weeks it seems pretty certain that ship has sailed. Only three more months though. :cheerup:
viggy

Post by viggy »

Oh Ken, rant away, the sickness is absolutely miserable :hugh:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Happy to help you as well as future me. ;) I think it's tough to come to terms with no more of the nice baby bits again even if you're definite that you don't want another child.

That does give me hope, I've been reading in a hyperemesis group that it seems it either stops by 20 weeks or not at all but even a month's respite would be amazing.

How are you feeling after yesterday's news, Vigs? Do you feel you can relax a bit or not until a few more weeks of consistent results?
viggy

Post by viggy »

Kenickie wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:05 pm How are you feeling after yesterday's news, Vigs? Do you feel you can relax a bit or not until a few more weeks of consistent results?
I’ve kind of resigned myself to the fact none of this will be straightforward, but I’m mostly keeping my anxiety to scan days - worrying in the morning, being delighted to see them on the scan, then trying to process whatever information I’m given (mostly by having a sob in the car and texting lots of updates).

I must have relaxed a bit though, because we have a week in Blackpool booked at the start of July and I’ve actually started googling things to do instead of train prices if I needed to come back up the road for twice weekly scans :) I’ll be 25 weeks and exhausted, but we’re going with good friends and a “group holiday” is all BM has wanted since we last went on holiday with them in 2019 - her 10th birthday is probably going to be wiped out with me dealing with two tiny newborns, so this holiday feels like the least I can do for her!

My body decided to celebrate today by swelling up my ankles massively, so I could do a wee pre-eclampsia google to keep me busy :)
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

How far along are you, viggy? Honestly I felt that my twin pregnancy was the most stressful time ever (I had weekly scans from quite early on due to the TTTS risk. I used to cry to SB that I wanted them out so I could share the responsibility of keeping them safe then I felt selfish as they should be better in than out. It’s such a hard time. I hope you’re doing ok x
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Blackpool sounds like a lovely idea. Fingers crossed you don't need to interrupt it for scans!
viggy

Post by viggy »

Scooter wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:29 am How far along are you, viggy? Honestly I felt that my twin pregnancy was the most stressful time ever (I had weekly scans from quite early on due to the TTTS risk. I used to cry to SB that I wanted them out so I could share the responsibility of keeping them safe then I felt selfish as they should be better in than out. It’s such a hard time. I hope you’re doing ok x
I’m 21+4 right now, and the consultant said she’d be delighted if they stayed in til 34 weeks, so we’re maybe two thirds of the way through? I swing from feeling like a drama queen for getting so upset, to feeling guilty that I’m making plans for what might happen if they come early and spend a lot of time in NICU, as though I’m willing that to happen (which obviously I’m not).

All that said, my pregnancy with BM was textbook but my ex was suicidal at the time, and it felt so shameful that he didn’t want our planned baby that I didn’t really talk to anyone about it. Having L to share the stress and worry and excitement, and being able to talk to friends and family about it all, has made such a massive difference.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Oh! So close to that magic 24 week mark when you can breathe a little easier (or not, depending on babies heads). You’ve got to plan for the worst and hope for the best. It sounds like you’re covering the bases which is sensible. I was too freaked out to even pack a hospital bag because I felt like I was tempting fate.

I’m glad you’re supported this time. You deserve it and it’s definitely needed with a twin pregnancy. Home straight now. 34 weeks is an excellent goal.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Another week, another stable scan - fluid levels and blood flow are still good for both :love: We saw my consultant again today and she’s definitely thinking mild SIUGR now, so hopefully we’ll get away with weekly scans from now on. We can have a tour of the NICU when we need/want one, but she’s obviously keen to keep them in until 34 weeks if we can.

As though to fill the void, a host of preggo niggles have appeared in the last week or so :lg: Ankles and hands have started swelling when it’s warm, my dispersible aspirin is giving my me heartburn :lg: I’m needing an increasingly elaborate pillow set up to sleep, I’m waking up with pins and needles in my hands and a sore knee….Oh, and my jaw seems to be slightly out of place on one side so I can’t chew properly :lol:
viggy

Post by viggy »

I have a phone appointment with a physio in three weeks, which is the earliest they could do :woteva: God knows how long the wait is to see an actual person.

The hospital also haven’t reintroduced antenatal classes which is a bit shit, especially for L being a first time Dad.