Juvenile Jibber Jabber

Livilla

Re: Juvenile Jibber Jabber

Post by Livilla »

My two had a proper "Overheard in Waitrose" moment today in, erm, Waitrose.

S: "Look, J, they have San Pellegrino!"
J: " Do they have Blood Orange? It's my favourite"

:shame: :lol:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I love that, Liv! :lol:

Weird chat between mine. M said when he grew up he was going to get a little house with 3 chairs; one for him, one for his cat and one for T when he visited. He then added another chair for T’s cat. (We don’t have cats). None for Mr O and I who will probably be dead by then. :cry:
viggy

Post by viggy »

When I had a migraine and suggested BM get her own milk...

"Mummy, I know you're not well and I'm really sorry, but I've had a long day and I'm really tired, too. And in fact, I think I might be feeling not well, too. So I really think you should get my milk. Thanks."

Thanks, middle manager :lol: Better than her usual MO of shouting /moaning I guess :lol:

Less fun is that whenever I try to lay down the law, her new catchphrase is "I don't negotiate with terrorists" :lg:
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I like her style, vig !

« Mammy, I would like to eat a dolphin, please.»

After much investigation, it turns out she wanted an English muffin. No aquatic animals were harmed in the making of her breakfast.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Zoomer wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:15 am I like her style, vig !

« Mammy, I would like to eat a dolphin, please.»

After much investigation, it turns out she wanted an English muffin. No aquatic animals were harmed in the making of her breakfast.
:love:

Olive, my children often have similar discussions. TD told me yesterday I'd be in a nursing home by the time he was a daddy :lg:
la Fée Verte

Post by la Fée Verte »

Oh oh! I had a TD one. When he met my big dog, we were commenting on his size and weight and he asked me how many litres the dog was. :love2:
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Aw. He tries so hard to sound like his big brother and sister. We should have put Elwood in the lake and measured his mass like Archimedes :))
la Fée Verte

Post by la Fée Verte »

Science! :teacher: He was very sweet.

Also Berty was telling me about the person and cat they'd been staying with recently (I suspect this was Cerise and Ziggy). She said they'd been staying with someone whose cat was dead, so I said "Oh, that's sad", and then she said "Oh wait, I mean deaf". :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

The Lei kids are too cute. I demand in on the next meet.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

la Fée Verte wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:13 pm "Oh wait, I mean deaf". :))
:mog: Yep, that sounds like Bert. We met up with Cluef yesterday and I was telling her we'd stayed with [Cerise's real name] but she didn't know who I meant so I referred to her as Cerise. Bert is now totally suspicious about how come so many of my friends know each other and how come they all have nicknames. So far I'm getting away with, "[Digs] introduced us, and she gives everyone nicknames!" :look:
Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:42 pm The Lei kids are too cute. I demand in on the next meet.
Yes! :weewee:
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

la Fée Verte wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:13 pm Science! :teacher: He was very sweet.

Also Berty was telling me about the person and cat they'd been staying with recently (I suspect this was Cerise and Ziggy). She said they'd been staying with someone whose cat was dead, so I said "Oh, that's sad", and then she said "Oh wait, I mean deaf". :))
:mog:
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

V was singing to herself earlier on and got cockerel and duck mixed up:

“Old MacDonald had a cock, E-I-E-I-O... with a cock cock here, and a cock cock there...” :eek: thankfully this was at home and not in public :mog:.

And then last night she was playing doctor and said to me very sombrely “Oh dear mummy, this is NOT good. You have lots of spiders in your eyes.” :eek:.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Cock cock here :lol:

It was raining a bit yesterday, my daughter forgot the word ‘drizzling’ and said it was drooling :)).
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

I bought some feelings cards to help the boys talk more about their feelings and it's obviously working as yesterday, J was saying to me, 'mummy do you feel STRESSED because you've got too much to do? Do you feel OVERWHELMED?' :lol: :lg:

And S (3), has starting saying 'oh ma god' all the time, which is apparently copying me!
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

:lol: And also, can I ask where you got the feelings card please, p_d? I think A could do with those.

We managed to miss the school bus yesterday on the first ever day, which was a great start. But even worse was I muttered "Oh, shit!" as I saw it disappearing over the hill. Of course, Parrot Girl immediately picked up on it, and when we saw the same bus later on, cheerfully shouted, "Oh sheeet!" at it. FML.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Jet

Post by Jet »

I like that idea.

I’m not sure who says ‘tippy top’ for the highest piint of something (not me) but L says it a lot but this morning was talking about a feeling (or pain) in the ‘tippy tippy tippy bottom’ of his stomach which made me laugh.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

purple_dress wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:42 am 'mummy do you feel STRESSED because you've got too much to do? Do you feel OVERWHELMED?' :lol: :lg:
:lol:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

purple_dress wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:42 am I bought some feelings cards to help the boys talk more about their feelings and it's obviously working as yesterday, J was saying to me, 'mummy do you feel STRESSED because you've got too much to do? Do you feel OVERWHELMED?' :lol: :lg:
:lol:

My two found a sad sack tv show on PBS aimed at getting children to talk about their feelings. They take the piss out of it all the time and put on a weird therapist voice to ask ‘Are you feeling mad or sad? Does it make you want to be bad?
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

F'Artiste wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:08 am V was singing to herself earlier on and got cockerel and duck mixed up:

“Old MacDonald had a cock, E-I-E-I-O... with a cock cock here, and a cock cock there...” :eek: thankfully this was at home and not in public :mog:.
:mog: That reminded me of L wondering out loud the other day about why our (very noisy) neighbourhood cockerel keeps cockling all day long. :))

This morning she told me that my belly button was very deep and squashy, and that I could use it like a pocket and keep fairies in it. :?
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster