Morganna

Re: Juvenile Jibber Jabber

Post by Morganna »

Laundry chute :mog:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Chunk did this to me last night! Except he needed to know how the seed got into the egg. We were reading Northern Lights at the time so I went for brisk and factual and back to the story b
Jet

Post by Jet »

Omg olive :mog:
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

olive wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:54 am ‘yes I know, that but how do they make their grand entrance?’
:mog: M is ace. My lot also asked about how babies came out before asking how they got in; I was expecting the other way round. Although B immediately followed with, "Did I come out of your bagina?!" Which meant I also had to give them a crash course in caesareans. (If it makes you feel any better, TD finds that more disgusting than exiting via the bagina.)
smalex

Post by smalex »

Grand entrance and laundry chute have cracked me right up. W asked quite a lot about all this when my sister was pregnant. I think he thinks he's on top of all the details now but I know theres more to cover at some point :ruby:

I keep meaning to post about my nephew (almost 2). His speech is brilliant. He also loves me very much :look:. I popped to their house the other day while he was napping and volunteered to go and get him when he woke up. He took one look at me, sighed, put his head down and just said in a really weary voice 'I want to see Mummy' . Then a few days later he was at mine. It'd been about twenty minutes when he crawled across the living room and announced 'I'm going home now' and went to the front door. Before briefly returning to tell his older brother they were leaving :mog:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

J asked about how he got out of my tummy when he was 4 or 5 years old. He actually said “you know how I grew in your tummy? Well how did I get out? Out of your mouth *vomiting sounds and actions*?”

MrE helpfully burst out laughing and ran away :ella: so I went with much the same approach as you, Olive in a simple, factual way. And a seed and egg with no specifics when we got into how they got in there. Seeing as he’s 8 now maybe I need to think about how to cover that in a bit more detail...
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

olive wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:54 am M said ‘please tell me I didn’t come out of that!’
:lol: Brilliant!

I like the sound of your nephew smal.

Mine can probably tell you their own birth stories, so are familiar with both exit routes. :mrgreen:

I recently overhead Sproglette telling Elvis that it didn’t matter they’d spotted me naked because P had his pants on, so we obviously hadn’t had sex. Then she said it didn’t matter anyway because he’s had an injection so there can be no more babies. Poor P was mildly put out that they don’t fully understand what he went through, whereas they know all about what they put me through. :lol:
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

smalex wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:28 pm I keep meaning to post about my nephew (almost 2). His speech is brilliant. He also loves me very much :look:. I popped to their house the other day while he was napping and volunteered to go and get him when he woke up. He took one look at me, sighed, put his head down and just said in a really weary voice 'I want to see Mummy' . Then a few days later he was at mine. It'd been about twenty minutes when he crawled across the living room and announced 'I'm going home now' and went to the front door. Before briefly returning to tell his older brother they were leaving :mog:
:mog: :love: I can't believe he's talking! I'm sure he was only born a few weeks ago.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

smalex wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:28 pm I keep meaning to post about my nephew (almost 2). His speech is brilliant. He also loves me very much :look:. I popped to their house the other day while he was napping and volunteered to go and get him when he woke up. He took one look at me, sighed, put his head down and just said in a really weary voice 'I want to see Mummy' . Then a few days later he was at mine. It'd been about twenty minutes when he crawled across the living room and announced 'I'm going home now' and went to the front door. Before briefly returning to tell his older brother they were leaving :mog:
:lol: I love this.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

J is also way more interested in S coming out of the sun roof than the facts of how babies are otherwise born.

S has started saying 'that's what you get!' when he's done something he shouldn't like throwing all the cushions off the sofa at me and nearly knocking my drink over. I struggle to keep a straight face. I've no idea where he's picked that up.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

smalex wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:28 pm
I keep meaning to post about my nephew (almost 2). His speech is brilliant. He also loves me very much :look:. I popped to their house the other day while he was napping and volunteered to go and get him when he woke up. He took one look at me, sighed, put his head down and just said in a really weary voice 'I want to see Mummy' . Then a few days later he was at mine. It'd been about twenty minutes when he crawled across the living room and announced 'I'm going home now' and went to the front door. Before briefly returning to tell his older brother they were leaving :mog:
:lol: A used to start shouting "bye, bye!" when she'd had enough of visitors.

She also recently told J that she wasn't his daughter, she was Mammy's because she was born in Mammy's tummy and not Daddy's. :look: We should probably clear that up somehow.
Offtopic

Post by Offtopic »

Does anyone else's children get really weirdly emotional at bedtime? I read to Betsy before bed and she's usually chatty and laughs a lot and then we have a chat and a cuddle after and then ... she turns ..

She's taken to gripping my face tightly in between her palms and staring intently into my eyes saying, very earnestly and fervently, things like 'I have had you in my heart all day', 'you know that you mean the world to me' and 'you are my best girl and you are forever in my heart'. She says it in a very meaningful voice. Its all so dramatic. its like living with a small Maggie Smith. :lol: :lol:
In Pizza Express you can get garlic bread with cheese and tomato. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a pizza.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

:lol: But bless!

Elvis likes to cling to me saying “I don’t want to leave you. Ever”, “You can’t leave me”, etc.
Offtopic

Post by Offtopic »

wendy james wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:00 am :lol: But bless!

Elvis likes to cling to me saying “I don’t want to leave you. Ever”, “You can’t leave me”, etc.
Aww. I'm just wondering if its an age type thing. Its all so intense. I dread to think of what the teenage years will be like.
In Pizza Express you can get garlic bread with cheese and tomato. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a pizza.
Starry

Post by Starry »

E is like this. She gets very emotional about things and I get a list of the people she misses at bed time. She tells me I’m always in her heart, like I’ve died or something, and that I am the very best mother she could ever have. Usually accompanied by a lip wobble.

She’s also taken to wearing a sleep mask she found in my room (yet another Ted Baker gift set for Christmas), which gives her an added air of drama.
A605410E-9EE4-4843-B0AB-35DCAEDA8945.jpeg
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Aww, she does look very dramatic there, Starry. (Also, A has the same Dunnes PJs and I love how cute and cozy they are. :dotty: )
Jet

Post by Jet »

L is a bit dramatic at bedtime too. I got a new handbag and transferred stuff into it last night then at bedtime L called me back in and I asked why and he said “you’ve got a new bag and I’m worried I won’t know it’s you...”

You know, my battered old handbag the only identifier my kids have to know I’m their mother :lol:
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

:lol: Beatrix

We took V and A2 to Kew Gardens today, as a random day out. I took V to the greenhouse and she turned me anxiously and said:

“There aren’t any butterflies mummy? No butterflies?” And then as we moved into a more humid room, rather suspiciously “This smells like butterflies mummy.”
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

"Mammy, why have you got a tummy?"
"Everyone has a tummy, darling."
"Yes, but your tummy is big, big, biiigggg!"

Thanks, kid. :cry:
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Yesterday while our shopping we got a free sample of cookie, which I gave to S.

S: Mmmm that cookie was good!
Me: What flavour was it?
S: Chicken?