Secondary Considerations

Topcat

Re: Secondary Considerations

Post by Topcat »

Even I am staggered by TBL going to secondary.

Fucking hell, we're old.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

In my head TBL is way younger than J, but J only just started high school, so obviously not.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Topcat wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:10 am Even I am staggered by TBL going to secondary.

Fucking hell, we're old.
We are. It surprises me all the time..
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:55 pm He kind of loves it, but is having the odd teething issue still. He’s finding his feet, definitely. He is also still a baby (mine).
He is. :love:
Teasel

Post by Teasel »

Good news that TBL got the school he wanted.

N got her first choice and is very pleased. Her best friend also got the same school and one either girl in their class.

Where did our babies go?
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

TBL!

Elf is also starting secondary in September and he got his first choice. I’ll have all three of them there for a year before Cube finishes his GCSEs.

I think it’s important that they get to choose too but I’m relieved they all chose the same one.
Teasel

Post by Teasel »

Great news, Kleio. It will make life a bit easier having them all at the same school I'm sure.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Your babies are all still babies when the go to high school! They start so young. B will be 13.5 when he goes.

I do agree that they should have a big say, and we're still hovering over the same school as R, but it's still far from decided. (And I fully admit I feel more protective of him because he's my youngest and a boy.)

I'm glad to hear things are going well for the other new starts.

R is in her second semester now, and loving it. She seems to be settling really well. High school suits her.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

L’s college course (sixth form) continues to amuse me as a Londoner. He has a week of exams this week and one of the practicals is “selecting cows for slaughter”.
Glint

Post by Glint »

:lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

We had A’s parents’ evening last night. It’s always fine academically but given that we’ve been worried about his social confidence after lockdown we were both delighted to hear several teachers describe him as a “cheeky chappy” :lol:

Meanwhile L had a practical exam in slurry tanking and accidentally knocked down a fence :duh:
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

L's lessons make me laugh so much.

Cube texts me asking if he can go to a party. He's nearly 1000 miles away and was drip feeding me information 🤦🏻‍♀️

Turns out it was a party in a hotel room in the hotel he's staying in. Why didn't he lead with that!? The school never left us with any contact details so I was massively panicking but trying to text him calmly so I didn't trigger him. If anything had happened I couldn't have contacted any staff members at all. The school is closed for a fortnight.

I'm kinda happy he told me as at that age, I'd have just gone to a party and not told anyone.
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 12.24.53.png
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 12.25.23.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

That would have panicked me too. Bloody teenagers and their shite communication :))
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yep, after banging his head 6 months previously Monk went to the GP and said his "personality had changed" so the GP sent him to A&E where they asked him if he was hearing voices, did CT scans and lord knows what else. Monk meant to say he feels like he sometimes stutters words out but thought telling the doctor his personality had changed conveyed that info. :ella: :mog:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

:mog:

Joe's going to his first party on Friday. I'm not ready :panic:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Monk! :mog: That is exactly something the SAM would do.
Smunder Woman wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:11 pm Joe's going to his first party on Friday. I'm not ready :panic:
Oh fear-vom. Will there be drink?
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Well, not as far as I know :))
Luce

Post by Luce »

I HATE the parties! I knew exactly what I was doing at house parties at 15 :lol: I'd love to say there wasn't but there is definitely drink* at the parties F goes to; last time we picked F up he got in the car like some jaded 30 year old, rolling his eyes at his drunk mates, one of whom we had to help. Most of these lads are on the football team that T coaches so we know who is trouble and who isn't.

Whenever F gets home he always seems sober (I think they're all in the stage of pretending to be drunk from 2 ciders etc) but I sit and make him eat cereal with me whilst he tells me the goss. We also have a secret abort code that F can use if he ever needs to get the hell out of somewhere, even if he knows it is somewhere he shouldn't be etc.

*almost certainly vaping AND weed too, probably.
Little My

Post by Little My »

There is almost certainly vaping and weed.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Yeah. I also find it a total minefield with regards to F's mates who I know are keeping some secrets from their (super strict) parents because F tells me and I've no idea where the line is with regards to me keeping F's trust vs his friends' parents who I'm friendly with. I'm also not naive enough to think F isn't keeping some secrets although he tells us a lot so god knows what else is left :look:

I'm sure J will come home with lots of fun stories, Smurf :)) I've learnt to use a very certain voice when I ask, less he get scared off and I'm desperate for the scandal info :lol: BREEZY