Secondary Considerations

Glint

Re: Secondary Considerations

Post by Glint »

Yes Emma, he’s at my old primary too! :))
Little My

Post by Little My »

That's so great, Wendy! She's getting on really well.

Yes, we did get the paperwork in and she is officially registered. It was an actual nightmare though, because the guidance (ha!) teacher was supremely uncommunicative. R will start in September. She has two days on-site at the end of August for new Grade 9's "Welcome to High School'. The school is huge, so that will be really helpful. And I think she'll have her timetable out by then, so can actually scout out where her classrooms are.

Three out of my four old schools have been demolished. :lol: It will be interesting to have a look round, Glint.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Decision day here, except the county haven’t actually made the process clear, and after saying decisions would be available shortly after midnight, there’s nothing available now. Just a page saying you can’t unsubmit because it’s too late. Grr.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Have you applied for Squeak’s school? #nosy
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Yes, because that’s where he wanted. The other realistic choice is part of the same MAT and surprise surprise, also got inadequate at the last OFSTED.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

:dotty: @ Cerise! Hope he gets his first choice. It would definitely make things easier with both at the same school. Although I think your two have the same age gap as mine (?) is there a 6th form so they’ll both be there at the same time for a while?
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

You should get your place then. I was still really anxious with D’s place even though we were miles up on the criteria list before we even factored in the sibling thing. :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

They’ve pushed out emails after all & he’s in. He’s going to be pleased.

They’ll have a year in the same place at least. She’s not keen to stay for 6th form because Loughborough College offer a rugby programme and are better for arts & design.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

And in a surprising twist, the school have been really organised and have emailed me about a welcome event and I’ve got him all registered.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Well that's good!

I am not super looking forward to having two different schools to deal with next year. B still has two years of elementary left. He, however, is delighted by the prospect of having the school to himself.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I've got 3 at 3 different schools at the moment Little My and it hasn't been anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be - it helps that they are a lot more hands off at secondary. I almost quite like the fact that I know exactly which child any communication is about based on which school it is coming from, rather than having to try and work it out.

That's great news Pip.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Good news Pip.

I will probably be back to having mine in two different places next year and having to drop L at the bus stop even earlier.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Small niece got her place confirmed this morning at her chosen school. I'm not sure how as I'm sure she was only 6 last week. :cry:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Chunk is still a tiny fat baby. :cry:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

George has to choose his GCSE options at the end of the month. He's only in year 8! His school have loads of great subject options and he's pretty sure what he wants to do. I just hope he gets his first choices :fc: I'm amazed he doesn't have to do any arts subjects!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

What does he want to do?
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

No way! Does he do the GCSE curriculum over 3 years? Does he have to do a language for GCSE - I'm so surprised that A's school doesn't.

I'm a bit annoyed as A's school is changing the curriculum so they drop 4 subjects in Yr 9, which basically means she needs to have a good idea what she wants to do for GCSE now so she doesn't drop something she wants to take!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

He wants to choose history (out of that and geography) citizenship (rather than RS) and his two free options will be geography and economics.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Yes he has to do a language and he has to do French! Italian and Spanish are options but would be in addition to French.

Just because I was fascinated by the choices available (so different to when I had to choose!) here are the options:
A3AB3944-63F3-40F2-AD82-6208F671C05B.jpeg
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Squeak hasn’t done a language and I think it’s a shame. There was only French on offer. :lg: