Tiny Turtle Hatchlings

Princess Morripov

Re: Tiny Turtle Hatchlings

Post by Princess Morripov »

Yes absolutely. Also we have one of those handy pee pot things that mean you can facilitate a wee anywhere.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

In my experience they find out by themselves that they can per standing up. :lg: I have tried to instruct my children to remain seated but they are ignoring me.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Jack refused to learn sitting down. He is now around 5'9 with zero coordination or spacial awareness, so you can imagine the results of this :ella:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

She is completely gorgeous!
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

What a little squish! Hello lovely A! :love2:
viggy

Post by viggy »

Awww look at her :love:
lorri_b

Post by lorri_b »

She is lovely in her little cardi.
lorri_b

Post by lorri_b »

Pretty good thank you! C is lovely and I'm really enjoying him. I have been very lucky to have a chilled out baby.

Does anyone remember when their baby's sat up propped with a cushion? C has a sacral dimple which is under investigation and rarely causes issues. But I'm still feeling very anxious about it. Doesn't help that my best friend's baby is the same age and sitting unaided.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

She's so lovely, Beatrix!
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

She's a cutie Beatrix
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

:love2: What a little sweetie. She looks so interested in the world!
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

She’s so gorgeous Beatrix, I love her cardi!
lorri_b

Post by lorri_b »

That's reassuring thank you. I couldn't remember when my boys did it but they've never been particularly advanced.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Gorgeous A! I love her outfit too.

This isn't helping my broodiness. :lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:mog:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Brier

Post by Brier »

lorri_b wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:05 am Pretty good thank you! C is lovely and I'm really enjoying him. I have been very lucky to have a chilled out baby.

Does anyone remember when their baby's sat up propped with a cushion? C has a sacral dimple which is under investigation and rarely causes issues. But I'm still feeling very anxious about it. Doesn't help that my best friend's baby is the same age and sitting unaided.
Not sure about propped but unaided sitting with G = 7 months-ish, A =12 weeks, Ray = 6 months. Both girls have sacral dimples (though not severely enough to be investigated) and it certainly didn't stop A, who was walking at 9 months. All babies just go at their own pace.
lorri_b

Post by lorri_b »

Brier wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:36 pm
Not sure about propped but unaided sitting with G = 7 months-ish, A =12 weeks, Ray = 6 months. Both girls have sacral dimples (though not severely enough to be investigated) and it certainly didn't stop A, who was walking at 9 months. All babies just go at their own pace.
Thank you so much for sharing this. The base of C's dimple cannot be seen so I think we are going to be referred for an ultrasound. It is reassuring to hear of positive cases though. Do you find any issues with dirt getting inside it?
Brier

Post by Brier »

A little when in nappies, they always got poo hiding in there, but they were easy enough to clean (both are just a sort of divot, rather than a hole as such) you just had to remember to check there during changes and make sure to wipe it out. Ray's was deepest but can't usually be seen as it's lower; A's is higher up and the top of her bum crack is slightly crooked, less noticably so as she has grown.

We used to pop a bit of barrier cream in Ray's to protect it a bit as sometimes it would get sore just from the general atmosphere of a nappy and from cleaning, so if there's no underlying issue that might be helpful for C.

I hope it turns out to be fine for C. It's rare for there to be a more serious problem, but it must be worrying waiting for the scan.
lorri_b

Post by lorri_b »

C's is like a pin prick hole so I've had bits of fluff and poo go in there. Thank you I will try some barrier cream. I should have thought of that!
Brier

Post by Brier »

Aye, that sounds a bugger to keep clean, such a tiny space. Could it seal up over time with being so narrow?

I used to get annoyed with Mr B because he'd give A a bath and I'd find muck in the dimple when drying her off :lg: