Lockdown (And Beyond) Hatchlings

H1ppychick

Re: Lockdown Hatchlings

Post by H1ppychick »

Yeah, absolutely, smunder. Sod that for a game of soldiers.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Smunder Woman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:51 pm Obviously I am not doing the homeschooling right now, but I have Opinions :)) Joe's drama class have been asked to video themselves doing a monologue and upload it. Joe is in tears about this. It's not unreasonable to let him off and email the teacher to briefly explain why he's not done it, is it? I don't feel like it's adding enough to justify that level of anxiety when he's getting everything else done fine. Tbh, I would not want to upload a video of myself for a load of 12 year olds to rip apart.
I agree. The SAM had to do this last year and in the end the file was too big to upload anyway. Honestly, bloody drama teachers!
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Absolutely. If it’s something that’s made him so uncomfortable it would move him to tears I would absolutely encourage him not to do it.

Betty had a headache all day and took herself off to bed and I emailed the teacher to say she wasn’t doing any work.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

I agree. More stress is not what is needed.

I loved this and just watched it three times in a row:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJ1r-R6AMU ... _copy_link
Little My

Post by Little My »

Smunder, is it just because he doesn't want his classmates to see it? I would consider having him do it but not video it.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Kleio wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:30 pm I’m on an austerity group and it’s kicking off there too.
It's great it's now gone public.
Malan
Marth

Post by Marth »

Parents are deemed to be responsible enough to raise and now home school their children, many whilst working, but not responsible enough to be given £15 per week dinner money.
Malan
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Marth wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:29 pm Parents are deemed to be responsible enough to raise and now home school their children, many whilst working, but not responsible enough to be given £15 per week dinner money.
This x a million. I've seen some sarky comments about expecting meals on wheels but I could see genuine value in a system where school dinner ladies, who already have expertise in feeding large numbers of children healthy food on a budget, are responsible for cooking meals for the children for a fixed small budget (lentil or potato based soup/stew, or pasta, a sandwich, fruit or vegetable sticks and custard or rice pudding). If a profit must be made, the private company gets x amount to ensure it's delivered to each child daily or every couple of days. It goes without saying some things shouldn't be profitable, and this is one, but if they must. Then there's no risk of those feckless parents spending vouchers on junk food or worse, children get fed, everyone gets their bit. Slightly less for the genuinely greedy though and that's the problem. Also dinner ladies are not men in suits and can't be trusted.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

They should just increase Family Credit/Universal Credit.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Well obviously but then the single mums would spend the money on fags.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:01 pm
Marth wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:29 pm Parents are deemed to be responsible enough to raise and now home school their children, many whilst working, but not responsible enough to be given £15 per week dinner money.
This x a million. I've seen some sarky comments about expecting meals on wheels but I could see genuine value in a system where school dinner ladies, who already have expertise in feeding large numbers of children healthy food on a budget, are responsible for cooking meals for the children for a fixed small budget (lentil or potato based soup/stew, or pasta, a sandwich, fruit or vegetable sticks and custard or rice pudding). If a profit must be made, the private company gets x amount to ensure it's delivered to each child daily or every couple of days. It goes without saying some things shouldn't be profitable, and this is one, but if they must. Then there's no risk of those feckless parents spending vouchers on junk food or worse, children get fed, everyone gets their bit. Slightly less for the genuinely greedy though and that's the problem. Also dinner ladies are not men in suits and can't be trusted.
This is such a perfect example of how someone, usually a woman, with experience or at least a nodding acquaintance with a situation (feeding children) can come up with a far, FAR better solution than the shit some men in suits throw together to appease the tabloids and grease their pals. If it CAN’T be money for whatever reason, why couldn’t it be something much more practical and helpful along this sort of thinking? (I know why :ella: ).
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:31 pm Well obviously but then the single mums would spend the money on fags.
We deserve the fags.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Smunder Woman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:41 pm
Heebie Jeebie wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:31 pm Well obviously but then the single mums would spend the money on fags.
We deserve the fags.
And wine. And crisps. Mountains of them.
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viggy

Post by viggy »

We will buy £15 of turkey twizzlers and swap half for street drugs behind the co-op.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

This whole thing is fucking criminal. I can’t believe it’s even an argument. Marth that’s such a good point.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Smunder Woman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:51 pm Obviously I am not doing the homeschooling right now, but I have Opinions :)) Joe's drama class have been asked to video themselves doing a monologue and upload it. Joe is in tears about this. It's not unreasonable to let him off and email the teacher to briefly explain why he's not done it, is it? I don't feel like it's adding enough to justify that level of anxiety when he's getting everything else done fine. Tbh, I would not want to upload a video of myself for a load of 12 year olds to rip apart.
I 100% wouldn’t agree to my child doing this. G would refuse point blank and I can imagine your situation. Plus getting them to video themselves and upload it when they’re not comfortable with it... errr... this seems problematic!

Obviously my children are younger but I’m selective about what I actually encourage them to do and the rest we completely ignore. Last lockdown they refused to do anything, so any work they do is a win in my book and the rest is cheerfully lobbed down the drain in favour of mental health.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Yeah, jack would definitely not entertain it at all. He messaged his teacher earlier saying the work looked boring so he was going to practise his guitar instead :mog:
Marth

Post by Marth »

I love that the prime minster has had to call Marcus Rashford to say sorry about the shit food.
Malan
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

We should just make Marcus PM and cut out the middle man.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I know this is being being properly arsey but I’ve been told that tomorrow our ‘hamper’ will be dropped off by a third party (the local premier league foundation) to our home.

At no point have I given my consent for my home address, name and kids details to be passed over.

Have I just got up on the wrong side of the bed today?