Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Re: Lockdown Hatchlings

Post by Smunder Woman »

Oh, of course he's at it.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

He was so upset last time at not getting fees refunded, he started trying to whip the WhatsApp group into a frenzy within days of lockdown beginning. It turned me right against him.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Yeah, he's an arse. In fairness, I know someone who was his client and said he was excellent but I imagine that the qualities that make one a good lawyer could also make you a bit of a twat.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Yeah, that's true. I still judge him though :))
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

30 minutes to come up with 3 adjectives to describe the sky and I had to coax every one out of him. They only get half a day of tasks on a Friday and I think we are on track to finish about 4pm.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:33 pm 30 minutes to come up with 3 adjectives to describe the sky and I had to coax every one out of him. They only get half a day of tasks on a Friday and I think we are on track to finish about 4pm.
This sounds like every single minute of my home schooling experience too :ruby:.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:33 pm 30 minutes to come up with 3 adjectives to describe the sky and I had to coax every one out of him. They only get half a day of tasks on a Friday and I think we are on track to finish about 4pm.
Is it because grey, grey and grey wasn’t enough?
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Jack was texting me claiming he was done with school at 8.53 this morning. Honestly, I'm 300 miles away and it's still a bloody slog.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Cerise wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:34 pm
Is it because grey, grey and grey wasn’t enough?
Nothing so imaginitive. Big is the only adjective he knows.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

This sounds so familiar.

Our school also had parents up in arms about fees being refunded which I was a bit gobsmacked at. The teachers were still teaching and we had/ have loads of live sessions! Entitled twats.

Grades 4 and 5 are virtual again as a teacher has tested positive. T was really upset last night especially as M can still go in but seems ok this morning. Hope it lasts the whole 10 days.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Again, just a suggestion from my tutoring, but I'd be saying "Well, /I/ think the sky is green and smelly today!". Quite often giving an obviously wrong answer is an easier way of explaining what actually is wanted.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

ParisGal wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:54 pm Again, just a suggestion from my tutoring, but I'd be saying "Well, /I/ think the sky is green and smelly today!". Quite often giving an obviously wrong answer is an easier way of explaining what actually is wanted.
I did a bit of that, thanks, it does help. In addition to screaming at him obviously. And to provide some balance, after some screaming and a big chat, the second half of an exercise that took 90 minutes before lunch, got completed to a much better standard in 15 minutes after lunch.

I'm putting this here to remind myself. What works for Beebie is to lay out very cearly that the work will be done. If it gets done well quickly there will be time for playing and tablet and walks. Alternatively it can be done with shouting and crying and taking many hours, but it will still be done. He does make the right choice when it's presented to him that way.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Well done! Berty will still take the second option every time :ruby:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Loralei wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:39 pm Well done! Berty will still take the second option every time :ruby:
Same here :ruby:
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

Oh Heebie. It sounds like such a slog. I had to walk away from a session with V on scissor safety, as she got too frustrated when trying to cut a curvy line and just wasn’t engaged.

That, and the school sending out a glowy praising newsletter filled with the equivalent of merit awards (for the majority of children still at school from the looks of it) is sending me over the edge a bit. Plus someone in A2’s bubble has tested positive so he’s back with us until next week :ruby:.

I would quite like a soundproof room to go shriek in right now.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Yep, Theo prefers that option too!

Division. I hate division. I hated it at school, I hate it now, it’s like a foreign language. And I need to come up with inventive and creative ways (two things I am not) to make a 7 year old understand.
smalex

Post by smalex »

F'Artiste wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:46 pm

That, and the school sending out a glowy praising newsletter filled with the equivalent of merit awards (for the majority of children still at school from the looks of it) is sending me over the edge a bit.
THAT was the thing that tipped me over the edge last time. You've reminded me. Kids IN SCHOOL getting awards, like the rest of them didn't sodding exist anymore.

The thing I have said more than anything in the last two weeks is.... the sooner you do the sooner.... Approximately once every 3 minutes.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

smalex wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:05 pm The thing I have said more than anything in the last two weeks is.... the sooner you do the sooner.... Approximately once every 3 minutes.
Yes. This this this this.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

One of Betty’s task was to make a maze using mini mirrors. How? Do they think I can just produce a dozen hand mirrors from somewhere?

I’m very supportive of remote learning but tasks like this are just ridiculous.
Beena

Post by Beena »

Towers of Mega Bloks or Lego are quite handy for division, Lucy.