Lockdown (And Beyond) Hatchlings

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Lockdown Hatchlings

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

:lol: Nice one, N!

I can’t articulate my fury well enough to speak to the school but one day I’ll find the words.
Teasel

Post by Teasel »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:42 pm :lol: Nice one, N!
Oh, it wasn't N - thank god!! (she's in school) but it amused me :))
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Elf must spend the day doing “Well Being Wednesday”.

This means I’m supposed to take him for a walk in high winds, bake, do a treasure hunt, play a board game and about a dozen other things. Thanks for that teacher.

I’ve had a really shit week so far. Things have gone south my Aunt and I spent all yesterday on the phone and I just wanted to spend today trying to get some alone time.

Betty’s class are doing the same on Friday. Why couldn’t they do it on the same day!? Then they could have done some of those together.
Luce

Post by Luce »

We’ve had the loooong email from F’S school about how they all need to be tested before coming into school. They then need to keep taking tests - 2 more on site, then twice weekly at home. This mean school needs to administer 6000 tests (700 a day) in the first two weeks back. Those poor, screwed over bastards. I mean. Jesus.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

Yeah, we had a similar one Luce. Eleven pages! But luckily the last few were just the room codes for the online lessons. About 2000 students in total. I really don’t envy them trying to wrangle the logistics of all the testing.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Oof, I think a class in Beebie's school has been sent home already. Poor children and poor parents.
smalex

Post by smalex »

My friend who also has a child in Will's class rang school today to ask if they had a plan for teaching (as their teacher is now shielding). Apparently they....don't :uhh:. My friend's son is chronically anxious (to the extent of having intervention about it) so she's losing her mind trying to keep him calm about it. I don't want to dogpile but they're now due back in less than a week, it is a bit worrying.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Wait... they are expecting W’s class back and there is no teacher lined up to sit with them in the classroom? Surely they will get a supply teacher at the very least!
smalex

Post by smalex »

They don't seem to be intimating they won't be going back, but they haven't told us what the plan is, no. Presumably they mean, there isn't a finalised plan we can tell you right this minute, rather than we haven't given it the first thought (hopefully!!).
Ideally it would be whoever the appointed replacement would be to cover the rest of the year. But I suspect it'll be TA supervising them and teacher doing online lessons from home, or a supply. My poor friend's son is properly losing his shit over it (he is SUCH an anxious child)
Luce

Post by Luce »

I was going to say, I bet it will be a TA. Which - if that was permanent, full time arrangement - I would not be happy about.

I’m volunteering at F’s school next week and I’m a bit gutted about it! 🤪 I volunteered for all my non working days, hoping they wouldn’t need me - I was going to spend the hours whilst they were at school/I wasn’t working in a dark room on my own. I do at least get to coral teenagers which I love doing.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Oh no, I'm sorry about Will's class and his friend's anxiety, it is horrible. I'm in the same position from a teacher point of view. I don't want to go back but school hasn't made any plan for my class yet... Feel sick about it so I'm sure his teacher probably does too. Hopefully they can find a way forward that will work for all.

Are you volunteering to help with the testing, Luce? Good luck! I bet it will be so logistically difficult. I think my school is starting this week so they can try and get students back as close to the 8th as possible.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

A had a kickabout in the otherwise empty playing field with a friend and his little brother today. I’ve not seen him so keen to leave the sofa in weeks. I know there were 3 of them rather than 2 but they kept their distance and it’s done him the power of good.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Ooh I bet that has been very refreshing, Tex, for you all!

Yeah, the testing thing. I’m just on Meet and Greet so hopefully won’t be to close to anyone! F’s first test is Monday and assuming it is negative, he’s then allowed back on Tuesday.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I volunteered to help with testing at J's school before lockdown, much to his horror :)) He is very relieved I can't go ahead with it now (as all sessions clash with lectures).

I'm glad A got that chance, Tex.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

J has just headed off for his first test. The headteacher made a good video of herself going through the whole process from the back gate entrance to leaving including taking the test herself. She didn’t gag once but she showed them that the nose bit makes her eyes water. :))
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I wasn't quite sure where she was testing the first time I read your post, Cerise! :eek:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We’ve still heard nothing from Squeak’s school.

This morning her mentor didn’t turn up to registration. No email, nothing. We chased the school and got an email back saying he’s having internet trouble. This is now so far beyond a joke I can’t even articulate what I think.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Promising news for you, Smunder! I hope they both go in on the same days.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:26 pm We’ve still heard nothing from Squeak’s school.

This morning her mentor didn’t turn up to registration. No email, nothing. We chased the school and got an email back saying he’s having internet trouble. This is now so far beyond a joke I can’t even articulate what I think.
It sounds quite poor but I’m not sure if that opinion is very helpful to you! But they’ve not covered themselves in glory recently.

F is happy I’m volunteering because it means he can escape the MASSIVE* walk to school.

*10 minutes, flat road.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Glint wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:31 pm Promising news for you, Smunder! I hope they both go in on the same days.
Genuinely delighted :mog: