10 weeks to go

Loralei

Re: 10 weeks to go

Post by Loralei »

They do! And would stop (my) P pinching them to take to work. (Actually, probably wouldn't :lg: )
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Froozy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:06 pm Does anyone do the Royal Mail Santa letter thing? S is able to write a letter this year but I'm can't decide whether to try it.
Yes. Only the past year or two (I used to get personalised letters from Santa from a fundraising colleague prior to that). They get a letter back and usually some sort of game/crafty thing. It's nice.

I've found some more stocking fillers in smartphone mini karaoke microphones (might regret that, but they'll often spend an hour casting lyrics to the TV and singing along :lol: ) I also found panda tights for Elvis, so got Sproglette some animal print ones.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Ooo, my straws arrived and they’re cool! Thanks, Wendy!
Little My

Post by Little My »

What is everyone's tween wanting for xmas? I delicately asked R if she would write her letter to Santa (framed as more of a Christmas wish list so she could decide which way she wanted to go this year). Well she basically just wants various bits of makeup up and clothing. The only toy she asked for was a stuffy from a US-based YouTuber, so I'm not sure about the logistics of that. I did immediately order her the James Charles makeup palette though, because I know she will get a lot of use out of that - she also wanted more face paints, as she does a lot of toying with stage makeup.

I could probably not set foot in a toy store this year! How times change.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Does anyone have any recommendations for hair chalks please?
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

We’ve bought S a personalised Charlie and the chocolate factory spin off book from Wonderbly and they’ve given us a referral code if that’s useful for anyone (we will get money off a future order).
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Little My wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:16 pm What is everyone's tween wanting for xmas?
My tween has asked for cash/ iTunes voucher, books, an Xbox game and about 15 football shirts. :ella:

I’m going to buy him some stilts too as I think he’ll love them and it’ll help with core/ coordination/ balance etc whilst he can’t swim or see his OT.

M has at least asked for small gifts like a frisbee, pastel paints, more hot wheels etc.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Froozy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:06 pm Does anyone do the Royal Mail Santa letter thing? S is able to write a letter this year but I'm can't decide whether to try it.
Did you do it? I though this this year’s response was lovely.

Also, TEN DAYS TO GO!
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

wendy james wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:57 pm I can’t vouch for them as I haven’t received them yet but
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/7401748 ... teel-metal
Thank you for this, wj, I ordered some for my goddaughter, they were dispatched at lightning speed, and her mum says they look brilliant.
viggy

Post by viggy »

olive wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:46 pm I’m going to buy him some stilts too as I think he’ll love them and it’ll help with core/ coordination/ balance etc whilst he can’t swim or see his OT.
I totally nicked this idea, thank you :))
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

wendy james wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:09 am Did you do it? I though this this year’s response was lovely.

Also, TEN DAYS TO GO!
No, they did something through school so it didn’t come up! It looks great and I think it will be a necessity next year.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Oh god. Two "Santa" gifts have not shipped on time. :(

Neither of them sent their letters to Santa this year though, they evolved into Christmas Wish Lists. But still, I'm a bit confused as to how to play it, because they will arrive after Christmas.

Other than that, everything is bought and wrapped. :tree:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That happened to me one year, I just said I had bought them as a late extra present from us. My children are the sort who like getting presents enough that they are caught up in that and don’t consider the mechanics of how some things are from the big man and some aren’t.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Is there still hope that they will arrive tomorrow, Little My? Maybe Santa could leave a card saying the elves messed up and some of their presents fell off the sleigh, so he has to post them?
Little My

Post by Little My »

Dandelion wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:53 pm Is there still hope that they will arrive tomorrow, Little My? Maybe Santa could leave a card saying the elves messed up and some of their presents fell off the sleigh, so he has to post them?
I'm not sure I could pull that story off. (They're 9 and 11.) :))

The gifts aren't even in the mail yet, which they absolutely should have been, so there is definitely no hope. I think I may just say similar to Squirrel, that we bought them so Santa wouldn't have. Somehow that seems more plausible?! Probably not much difference versus a mix-up with the elves. :lol: Oh it's hard keeping up with the lies we tell our kids in the name of magical fun!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Does everything from you come from Santa or do you have Santa gifts and then gifts from you? I guess even if the former you could say that because it's been a tough year you've got them something extra?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

And maybe save them for a few weeks and give them as a'brightening up January' present?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I bought Nobs two t-shirts that I didn't realise were from an Australian company until I had to pay £15 duty. :verm:

I really need to stop clicking on Insta adverts
Little My

Post by Little My »

At least you got them! :))

We do presents, and Santa brings a couple of things (unwrapped by the tree) from their letter/wish list. So it's not unrealistic that we would just buy them. It's B's main gift that didn't come, so I'm hoping the other thing (an inflatable punching bag and boxing gloves) will look OK on its own. The punching bag came in a surprisingly tiny box, so we will just have to inflate it so it looks more exciting.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Little My wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:49 pm Oh god. Two "Santa" gifts have not shipped on time. :(

Neither of them sent their letters to Santa this year though, they evolved into Christmas Wish Lists. But still, I'm a bit confused as to how to play it, because they will arrive after Christmas.

Other than that, everything is bought and wrapped. :tree:
Our main Santa gifts haven’t arrived either. :verm: I’ve downloaded a letter from Santa and said sorry but some of the gifts are coming from England and Italy (a Tottenham tracksuit for M the massive chav :lol: and two Real Madrid kits) but because a few elves have had to self isolate they’re running behind this year. Handily Mr O’s presents aren’t arriving until Monday either as USPS and FedEx all have massive delays and we’re away from Sunday until New Years Day.

Mine are 8 & 10 and M is bouncing off the walls with excitement. I’m pretty sure T still believes so I’ll be having the chat with him after he turns 11 next year. :))