Christmas presents for hatchlings

Kleio

Christmas presents for hatchlings

Post by Kleio »

Do you have any ideas yet?

So far they're sorted for Advent calendars - Cube has a lego Star Wars one, Betty a Harry Potter charm one and Elf is getting a Pokemon figures one.

Not a clue what to get the boys for Christmas and they've given me hardly any ideas. Cube keeps thinking it's funny to give me a list of things that are totally unachievable and I'm going to fall out with I'm soon.
Last edited by Kleio on Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
wendy james

Re: C******** presents for hatchlings

Post by wendy james »

It’s November and perfectly ok to use the word Christmas. :mrgreen:

They have a Lego Marvel advent calendar to share. Elvis asked for Heeleys and I found some boxed ones on EBay. Sproglette asked for ‘a nice soap set’ and upon questioning I established she was really after her own wash bag so I got a Soap and Glory set.

They have a book each and Cluedo to share. I’m hoping to make them a bag each. I haven’t sorted stockings yet though.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

C has given me her usual headache-inducing list of bizarre inventions that don’t exist in the real world, so I’ve got to try and talk her down from that :ruby:.

My only ideas are replacement things that have been outgrown or worn out like a new sports watch or roller skates. Similarly G could do with new headphones.

They are both so difficult to get things for!
Beena

Post by Beena »

Squirrel wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:01 pm C has given me her usual headache-inducing list of bizarre inventions that don’t exist in the real world, so I’ve got to try and talk her down from that :ruby:.
This made me smile, Squirrel - Bambs was a bugger for this. I wish I could say it gets easier, but now she just sends me lists of links to vintage items that sold on Etsy years ago or which she's found on an obscure US site where the import costs equal the GDP of a small country.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Squirrel wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:01 pm C has given me her usual headache-inducing list of bizarre inventions that don’t exist in the real world, so I’ve got to try and talk her down from that :ruby:.
This made me smile too. It's better than 'a Lamborghini' which is what Cube is asking me for.

Betty wants a load of goth clothes - mini skirts, New rocks, long military style coats and corset belts. She also wants a ton of Hufflepuff stuff and the Harry Potter dolls.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

wendy james wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:56 pm It’s November and perfectly ok to use the word Christmas. :mrgreen:
I'm still not ready to see the word.
Beena

Post by Beena »

There was a week in September where I accidentally watched a Christmas film, and then deliberately watched a few more, and decided I was quite looking forward to it all, but it passed.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS! #rebel

We’re supposed to be buying a new games console as the Xbox is giving up a bit but they are hard to come by at the moment.

I’ve got a few stocking fillers and the boys have some more modest ideas to pass on to relatives. There’s no Lego on the lists for the first time ever!
Glint

Post by Glint »

Beena :lol:

Mr G had a chat tonight, so it's still quite fresh - PES for the switch, which doesn't exist, so has made us think about a tablet. Possibly football/ goalie posters (no idea where posters have come from), a goalie /football onesie. We might also take him to a 'good' football match, which we'd turn into an overnight/ city break.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Christmas! S was singing “have a holly, jolly Christmas” to herself yesterday :love:

At this stage I have no idea what we are getting our two. They both have November birthdays first. Contemplating a basketball hoop for the back garden though.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I've made lists because G has an Oct birthday and Liv's is Dec. They're both quite easy to buy for really. Liv is doll house obsessed at the moment and I've got her a teeny tiny kitchenaid for her stocking! :disco:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I checked my app and they also have a TBS nail set each and a breakfast set (a bowl and mug that when piled up is either a gonk or a father christmas) they admired in a catalogue.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Kleio wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:31 pmIt's better than 'a Lamborghini' which is what Cube is asking me for.
Surely?
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I suggested that but he wants a proper one to just sit there for 4.5 years until he can drive.

I’m contemplating getting him a driving experience
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Is that possible so young?
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I’ve looked into these driving experiences for G Kleio, I’m definitely going to get him one when he’s older!
https://www.redletterdays.co.uk/experie ... week-round
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

ParisGal wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:55 am Is that possible so young?
Yes you can get them from age 10 although the one I’ve got my eye on starts from 11.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

P's niece did one recently I think - she's in Y8/age 12.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

ParisGal wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:55 am Is that possible so young?
Yes we’ve got a local place that goes on height not age. You only get about 10 minutes in the car for £90.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Ooof!