Calico's Friday

Calico

Calico's Friday

Post by Calico »

Morning, are we starting our own threads now?

Anyway, welcome to my Friday. It's not a holiday for me, as I'm off to Scotland for a fortnight next week and I've got work stuff to finish before I go.

So, breakfast is a couple of yogurts and all my lovely drugs :))
20160325_085945(0).jpg
And my outfit for today is jeans, a skeleton t-shirt and leopard hoodie, with my favourite trainers and the rainbow scarf, because they both make me happy.
20160325_085126.jpg
I shall be heading into town shortly, standby for photos of my local graveyard and other sights on the way into work.
Calico

Re: Calico's Friday

Post by Calico »

Sorry for the head-tilty photos, my phone is being a dick. I'll try and get better ones in future.
Le Flamand Rose

Post by Le Flamand Rose »

You've inspired me to wear more fun things Cal - it's so nice to wear items that really make you smile :)

Hope your Friday is a good one!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I like the rainbow scarf!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Happy Friday Cal. Is today a public holiday in the UK and you're just working despite that? It has been one here and has felt like Sunday all day.
Calico

Post by Calico »

Yes, it's a bank holiday but since my boss is me and I have deadlines, I'm going to the studio today.

And yes, wear the fun things! Nobody expects me to be suited and booted at work, but jeans and a hoodie doesn't have to be boring. Of all my crochet projects thus far, the rainbow scarf is my favourite and the one I wear most, so thank you, Lily.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Sorry you are working Cal, although your two weeks in Scotland sound lovely.

I also love your bright scarf and trainers!
Mme.Hibou

Post by Mme.Hibou »

Happy Friday Cal, it's lovely and sunny in Bristol today.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Hi Calico! I like your trainers. Your breakfast seems a little small, though :))
rosy

Post by rosy »

I am looking forward to seeing your day, Calico! I'll be out for most of it so reading through it will be like a special treat for me when I get home.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Great outfit Cal. I like your sunny shoes.
Malan
Calico

Post by Calico »

Journey to work:

I just missed the bus from near my house, and it being a bank holiday with Sunday service, I didn't fancy waiting twenty minutes for the next one. So I pootled down the hill and got on a bus here instead:
20160325_103715.jpg
Photos from the journey, including roadworks, street art and oh, lovely blue sky. Is this Bristolian enough for you, Lora? :))
IMG_20160325_111445-0.jpg
I have blueberries to have as a snack in a bit, but I'm not really a big breakfast person. It takes a while for the painkillers to kick in and for me to feel like a human being, y'know?
Calico

Post by Calico »

And, some studio pictures:
IMG_20160325_115558.jpg
IMG_20160325_115612.jpg
What I'm working on today: a toile for a customer, for a fitting when I'm back from my holidays. I mostly use old bed linen for toiles; this used to be two pillowcases.
IMG_20160325_115540.jpg
smartiecat
The Crispwife

Post by smartiecat »

It looks a lovely day with you Calico and your cheery outfit matches it!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I find your sewing threads very satisfying.
George

Post by George »

I like the face on your filing cabinet.
Calico

Post by Calico »

That pegboard and the threads and gubbins on it is a source of great joy to me. Everything on there was in piles and bags and boxes and generally a horrible guddle before, and I love having it all accessible and neat.

My filling cabinet thanks you, George, it is happy because it has sewing patterns for a brain :))
IMG_20160325_121450.jpg
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Looks like a nice sunny day down there!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

I never grow tired of inspecting your lovely neat studio. I will aspire to a beautiful colourful peg board like that one day. :)) Are you making a bra?
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Calico

Post by Calico »

It's a sari blouse, so very similar. I'll post a photo of the toile when I'm finished it.