Tuesday Beak

Turtle Bean

Tuesday Beak

Post by Turtle Bean »

Well hello there. How are things with you tonight? I am full of (slightly burned) sausages and mash. I was planning on doing some ironing but it's a bit cold so I may stay on the sofa under a blanket. Tell me things.
Blondiejude

Re: Tuesday Beak

Post by Blondiejude »

Hello Bean. When’s your spa day?
I’ve just had a very hot bath and am sat in pjs watching HP with S. I’ve fed both her and mr but haven’t had mine yet. I’m going to wait and have a glass of wine with it once she’s in bed.

I have had great success today and managed to buy a pair of jeans I like, that fit, and don’t look ridiculous. I’m tempted to order ten pairs.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good evening Beab! And Jude!

I’m just home from a little tour of local Aldis and was listening to The Archers. I’ve made a chocolate raspberry coffee (decaf, nicer than it sounds). We had burgers on brioche buns for dinner. Squeak has gone torugby training with the team she’s thinking of joining next season.

Tell us all about the jeans Jude!
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Do it, Jude! I have recently found some great jeans to replace my beloved GAP ones that they started making with stretchy denim and am up to two pairs (of an intended 20, minimum. ;) )

Evening. I have just boarded my flight. We're currently running two hours late and don't yet have a departure slot. I'm not too bothered but hope they feed us soon. :cry:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

You should definitely order a couple more Jude!

Evening. S actually came home in time to take G to Samba Soccer! I was delighted to not have to supervise and when Liv went crazy about not going too and S said he'd take her to watch AND he's bringing curry home work him from the amazing place near the school hall where G trains :perky:

We have a house viewing tomorrow morning though so I've been using this precious child free evening time to hoover and wash down the kitchen cabinets :ella:
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Definitely order 10 pairs. Good jeans are hard to find.

Spa is Thursday. I can't wait.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I got Chunk washing down the kitchen cabinets for me on Sunday Emma. He’s passed out cold on the sofa since our thrilling trip out. I’m putting together exercise mats in the conservatory to make my mini gym.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ooh spa will be lovely!

I am full of PMT but I did have tasty curry which helped. I am on the couch and plan not to move much, I am watching Wanted Down Under on t'iplayer, and I will watch Derry Girls later.

I hope you get fed immediately, Lora and that you get home soon!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Buy all the jeans, Jude!
emma_p wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:24 pm S actually came home in time to take G to Samba Soccer! I was delighted to not have to supervise and when Liv went crazy about not going too and S said he'd take her to watch AND he's bringing curry home work him from the amazing place near the school hall where G trains :perky:
That sounds amazing. Mr O would never do that as two children having a late bedtime would send him into a meltdown. :))

I shouldn’t bitch though as he has waited on me hand and foot today because of my borked neck, sorted dinner and will be taking T to football later.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

sally maclennane wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:27 pm I hope you get fed immediately, Lora and that you get home soon!
I'm on my way out, Sal. I'd be far more bothered if I were delayed coming home. :)) Thank you. I thought of you when I got some properly-G GCBs from M&S the other day, but then remembered you'd (sensibly) switched your affections to the Maltesers ones.

That does sound like a result, emma!

I'm sorry about your neck, Olive. Can Mr O also bring you a HWB for it? (Assuming it's not a million degrees out there; I've lost track.)
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Loralei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:51 pm
sally maclennane wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:27 pm I hope you get fed immediately, Lora and that you get home soon!
I'm on my way out, Sal. I'd be far more bothered if I were delayed coming home. :)) Thank you. I thought of you when I got some properly-G GCBs from M&S the other day, but then remembered you'd (sensibly) switched your affections to the Maltesers ones.
I did think you sounded remarkably chilled about it :lol:

I do still like GCBs but the Malteser ones are my current love :love2:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I hope you get food and a departure time soon, Lora.

Definitely get several pairs, BJ.

Your coffee does sound nice, Pip, did you buy it or make it?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Loralei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:51 pm I'm sorry about your neck, Olive. Can Mr O also bring you a HWB for it? (Assuming it's not a million degrees out there; I've lost track.)
I don’t know where my hot water bottle is. :cry: I’ve had an ice pack on it and a lot of drugs which I’m hoping does the trick. I might even break out the tiger balm later.

I hope you get food soon too. I can’t board a flight without a bag of snacks such is my panic at being hungry. :l:
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I also assumed you were on your way home and was amazed at your relaxed attitude, Lora :mog: It says a lot about my work ethic that I was thinking if you get home late enough you can probably justify going in late tomorrow.

I've just had a bath with Beebie which is always a riotous affair, and am now writing cards to various people and wondering whether to make salsa with the leftover coriander from dinner (which was enchiladas). I can't be bothered but it needs to be used today really. And it would justify eating tortilla chips.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Two hours though. :cry:

We’re watching a programme about making pencils and I’m amused that Greg Wallace is wearing shoe’s new glasses. :evil:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Kenickie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:57 pm
Your coffee does sound nice, Pip, did you buy it or make it?
Bought, in Ashby-de-la-Zouch. Shall I get you some?
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Your coffee does sound good, Pip.

I hope you get away soon, Lora!

Morning. I’m braving work today for the first time since I left early on Friday. I feel loads better than I did. Of course my train is MIA and there are no updates on the website :ella:
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

Evening all. I'm eating chocolate cheesecake out of the tray because I'm miserable. Mr P is at work and Diego is at his girlfriends. I can't get warm and I'm back to work tomorrow so need to check my uniform etc, but just can't be bothered.

Pip, your coffee sounds delicious and Lora, I hope you're on your way now.
Bean, I'm very interested in your spa. Mr P and I stayed in the First Dates hotel in Italy last year and made use of the spa there which was our very first spa and we keep saying that we should do one over here.
Angus

Post by Angus »

I hope your train turns up, Est. Don't work too hard. And your plane, Lora. Can you get pissed?

Malteaser buttons are like crack, I have to steer clear to ensure I can get out of the front door.

I am low level grumpy due to work and building stresses so I'm having a glass of wine rather than dealing with it like a grown up. As usual I feel I'd suit emma's life much better than mine really.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

You have all fuelled me and I’ve just ordered the same jeans in black (today’s were dark blue).

I hope you get away soon lora, they’re not making you sit on the plane are they?! I hate that, it always feels so claustrophobic when your not actually flying.

Everyone’s gone to bed here, i might start my new book.