What are you really bad at?

Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: What are you really bad at?

Post by Lily »

Disco wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:12 pm I can't burp either, Mayday! TMI I only burp if I am vomiting. I don't tend to do that particularly often! I have a perpetual air bubble that goes up and down my oesophagus but cannot come out - a bit like a spirit level bubble - unless, I discovered, I stick my fingers down my throat forcing my oesophageal flap open. :lol: True, vile story.
:lol: Surely that must be something for medical science to investigate? I can't burp either. And yes, I forgot relationships. :lol:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

MrE can’t burp either. I was reading about a doctor in the US who uses Botox to treat people so they can burp.
Glint

Post by Glint »

I am hideous at small talk and new situations and people. Obviously, this all comes naturally to Mr G.

I also lack coordination skills for sport and my reaction time can also be slow.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I had to google Theory of Mind and found myself struggling to understand not having it, until I realised that in doing so I was exhibiting failure at it myself. :panic: :lol:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

It's mostly bollocks tbh. In my opinion :))
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I am terrible at anything practical - sewing, DIY, crafts - the DIY stuff is particularly annoying as I would love to challenge stereotypes about women and DIY but I am just useless. I also can't do left and right, and do the thing of pointing left, while saying "so take the first right" to some baffled soul daft enough to ask me for directions :))

I am also crap at art stuff, and anything musical, I can barley clap along in time to music. One of the reasons I do spin is that it doesn't involve much coordination.
Last edited by sally maclennane on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

30 day shred.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Phones! I'm another who will do anything not to have to make a phone call. I think it's because calls always seem to come in at the most inopportune moments - shop full of customers, doing the washing up, cooking, on my way out of the door, etc. So, I've come to think of a phone call as a bit of a nuisance that I don't want to inflict on someone else, even though I'm actually always more than happy to chat away to anyone who calls me.

I'm also really uncoordinated in certain ways. I can't play any sport that involves hitting or catching a moving ball, and I can't dance. The inability to dance makes me quite sad.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Rhodonite wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:58 am I'm the same with left and right. I always tell Mr R that if I'm trying to give a direction, look at my hands, don't listen to what I'm saying, because I'll point in the correct direction, but say the opposite
Oh, I remember being in a taxi with some friends and the driver wasn't 100% sure where he was dropping us off. I was directing him but said exactly the same thing...look at my hands , don't listen to what I say...as I was shouting "left here" with my right hand waving in front of him! Poor chap.

Gannet has also learned to give "your way" and "my way" as instructions in the car.

I had a meeting at one of my ex bosses house and on the map I had to turn left at three roundabouts. I had no idea where I was as it all looked unfamiliar. I had gone right, right, right so had to retrace my steps to get back to the original roundabout :ella:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I struggle with left and right too. I've gotten to the stage now where I do a quick check (which hand would my watch be on) before I take our give directions. The best thing about this is I remember that right is where I wear a watch but actually I wear my watch on my left hand. :lol:
Luna

Post by Luna »

Chopping onions. I am absolute dogshit at it. I start off with good intentions to be uniform and neat but halfway through my eyes are streaming, mascara is stinging my eyeballs and I rush in a haphazard way to finish the job ending up with papery bits and hard stalky bits and bits that I thought were chopped but just have a knife mark on them in the frying pan. I just cannot do it. :verm:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

You need a Nicer Dicer, Luna. I swear by mine.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I am googling!
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

My friend is terrible at left and right and when we were at school we did a driving lesson thing in the playground and had to be blindfolded and get directions from our friend. I was the blindfolded driver and she was shouting, "Left. No, right. No, not that way, left!" whilst the instructor probably cringed and lingered on the dual controls. I do know left and right but she then couldn't follow my directions when she was blindfolded. How we didn't crash into the school I don't know as it was a fairly confined space too.
Margo

Post by Margo »

I just cannot read a map. Show me one and it may as well be a blank piece of paper.

Before satnav I used to work out my route by locations, so I’d head for (say) Norfolk by looking for signs for Peterborough, then kings lynn, then Cromer.

I only ever got lost once, when I ended up somehow in bishops stortford late one night and had no idea where I was or how to get home. I found the police station, went in and cried at them. They were very sweet and wrote me directions (my way!) so I could find my way home...
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Topcat wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:21 pm30 day shred.
:mog:
Luce

Post by Luce »

I buy frozen chopped onions and it has improved my life by approx 50%.
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Mountain Goat wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:59 am I had to google Theory of Mind and found myself struggling to understand not having it, until I realised that in doing so I was exhibiting failure at it myself. :panic: :lol:
:lol:

I am also rubbish at left and right, and directions of any sort. Before smartphones were a thing I remember calling my sister from my dad's car so that she could look at Multimap :granny: on the computer and I could then relay the directions to my dad. It ended up with all of us shouting at each other "GO UP! JUST GO UP!!" "SHE KEEPS SAYING TO GO UP." "UP WHERE??????" :lol:
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Margo wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:25 pm I just cannot read a map. Show me one and it may as well be a blank piece of paper.

Before satnav I used to work out my route by locations, so I’d head for (say) Norfolk by looking for signs for Peterborough, then kings lynn, then Cromer.
I’m horrible at map reading too and travelled to lots of places using that same method! I was a lot younger and over confident about my abilities back then.

I can’t retain directions at all so pre sat navs I used to write them in massive letters and tape it to my steering wheel.
Clarice

Post by Clarice »

Drawing and most creative things for me. I can visualise them but they never look like that in real life, my girls want me to go on Nailed It :lol:

I'm seriously bad at directions and knowing where I am, it's like I have map and landmark blindness. That doesn't stop me giving people directions if they ask, as I like to try and be helpful. The best one probably being giving directions for a street that I thought was 3 streets away, the people drove off and I walked on and realised we were actually on the street they wanted :duh: