For those of you that don’t live alone

Squirrel

Re: For those of you that don’t live alone

Post by Squirrel »

Mr S is the same as always, i haven’t noticed anything different now he’s WFH.
Luce wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:48 pm I've also learnt that both of them are getting much, much better at 'having nothing to do' and I didn't honestly think this was possible.
Same here! My children refuse to do any school work but as TV / iPad fun isn’t allowed during school hours, they have been pretty inventive about amusing themselves. They know that if they moan to me, I’ll either give them a job to do or suggest flower pressing or croquet or something equally horrific.

So my realisation is that my children do have skills other than alternating moaning and staring boggle eyed at screens all day. I’ll take any positives I can get.
Jet

Post by Jet »

Today is the first day Mr J has been here with us and honestly, it's like having a third noisy child :lol: I even said this to someone very loudly on a call earlier while he was crashing about doing something unnecessary (probably). He did do some child school chivvying so that was good but he also told S he couldn't watch TV when I'd literally just told him he needed to start doing more work in 5 mins.

He says he hasn't worked out what I am yet :lol: I'm sure he'll report back later in the week. I forewarned him that I say 'in a nutshell' a lot (usually recapping something I've already explained to idiots). I had a very draining call earlier and he was like 'what WAS that??' :twitch:
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Partner has a Zoom meeting every morning that he is almost completely silent in and all his colleagues are really thick and annoying. It lasts for AN HOUR. It's honestly taking all my self control not to barge into the call, allocate them all some work, tell them to stop moaning and close down the meeting. There is no urgency with his work - he gets his head down and gets on with it - but the contrast in pace to my job is quite shocking. :lol:

I have discovered that my children would 100% do nothing all day, every day, and be completely happy about it.
Jet

Post by Jet »

I don't even know where to start with the kids. My friend made this today - if only my children could read :lol: or gave a sliver of a shit. She also issued them with post its with snacks on them to be used throughout the day and when they were gone they were gone.
Last edited by Jet on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

R has decided to chime in with funny comments during my work conference calls. :woteva:

The problem is everyone thinks he's funny with his British accent.

Other than that, he's been well behaved and easily tolerated. :))
Betty Bee

Post by Betty Bee »

wendy james wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:06 pm Not really (we’ve just discussed it). Probably because we’ve spent a lot of time at home together before. He would have had nothing to say about me on that Twitter thread about hearing partners on work calls either. :mrgreen:
What thread is that please?
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Here, Betty.
Beena

Post by Beena »

Mine really doesn't take instruction well. Which is a bit of a problem as it seems I'm quite direct in work mode.

He also does.not.sit.still. :bite:

Bambs does not require as much chivvying as expected. This has been quite a revelation.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

J types quite noisily and also over uses people's names on calls :verm:

I think he would say my job is just 90% talking, like Smal says of S :))
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

I don't really see much of D. He's sitting in a room at the back of the house, so I see him occasionally for food. If he's on a call, then the door gets shut, so I don't hear what he's saying.

I already knew J asks endless questions, but it's bloody relentless! How do you make paper? How do you make Big Ben? How do you make red? What does green and yellow and purple make? And he's constantly making me do sums too! `Mummy, what's 50 and 99 and 206?`

For a boy who absolutely hates being in the house, he's doing so well so far though, and hasn't asked to go somewhere else, once.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Ruby, you would hate my work calls.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I was impressed at how patient P was on a work call the other day. He is pretty abrupt in text though.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Ruby wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:04 am It's honestly taking all my self control not to barge into the call, allocate them all some work, tell them to stop moaning and close down the meeting. There is no urgency with his work -
:mog: That would amazing. I pretty much did that in my old job. I couldn’t bear all the sitting around tapping without any actual action.

Today I discovered my three genius’s huddled around T’s chromebook as it was balanced on the sofa trying to get a photo of him doing the plank for PE.

They were honestly yanking the screen back and forth trying to get T into shot until I shouted ‘put it on the floor’ so it was level with him. :ruby:

Piss up. Brewery.
Betty Bee

Post by Betty Bee »

Bat Macdui wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:50 am Here, Betty.
Thank you!