Mail order disappointments

Morganna

Mail order disappointments

Post by Morganna »

Now that more of us are doing even more shopping online, there are sure to be some 'discrepancies' between the goods we think we are ordering and the ones that arrive :)). Let's share them on here.

I ordered a 'plush' duvet cover set for a spare bed. This is the advertised photo
tempImagexmR2Vf.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morganna

Re: Mail order disappointments

Post by Morganna »

This is what arrived earlier :lol:
tempImagexPdGgp.gif
There are two pillow cases made of that horrible fabric, too! Imagine sleeping against that :lol: It looks a bit like pulled pork.

It was a Groupon deal, (so I should have known better), and I have no idea how to return the bloody thing. I might leave it on the bed and change it if anyone comes to stay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh :lol: It does look like it's done a few rounds with the dog.

I ordered a Minecraft themed lamp for W's friend's birthday. I imagined it to be about a foot cubed, but it was more like the dimensions of a rubix cube when it came. It wasn't a massive disaster but I really thought it would look a bit more impressive.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Pulled pork :mog:

I really love a lot of the stuff from Rex London, but it's often much smaller than I expect. I have a set of 3 tins where the smallest is about the length of my mobile phone. And some nice lidded glass bowls but only the largest is any use. The smallest is like a finger bowl with a lid.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Pulled pork! :lol:

Considering the vast amount of parcels that have been arriving at my house recently, I should have had a few surprises lurking but actually everything has been as expected. I did try my luck with a desk accessory from Shein (metal magazine file) and it came all twisted up and not straight so went in the bin :roll: but it was only £3 so what did I expect.
indigo

Post by indigo »

Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Morgs! :lol: That's hysterical.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Elya

Post by Elya »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:18 pm Pulled pork :mog:

I really love a lot of the stuff from Rex London, but it's often much smaller than I expect. I have a set of 3 tins where the smallest is about the length of my mobile phone. And some nice lidded glass bowls but only the largest is any use. The smallest is like a finger bowl with a lid.
Nearly every online food shop I do has at least one item that is much smaller/larger than i envisaged!!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Yes! Me too! I ordered what I thought was a small olive oil to last us a week in an Airbnb and it was miniature. The bottle held about 2tbs of oil. S almost died laughing 😂
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Yes! I’ve bought a massive tub of dried oregano like something out of a fairytale giant’s pantry, and a huge package of ground cumin approximately the size of a normal pillow :lol:.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Pulled pork!

Similar to Emma, I bought a bag of baby potatoes that I thought would do us for a couple of meals like the big bags were usually get. Except this one literally had about four absolutely miniscule potatoes in it so was about half of one person's portion for one meal.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Pulled pork! :lol: it really does.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I ordered what I thought was a small packet of poppy seeds as I had run out and like them on the rare occasions I make bagels. I now have a giant tub of poppy seeds - big enough to have a handle - that won't even fit in my cupboard. I'm going to request that whatever is left of them when I die be sprinkled over my grave.

Oh. In the manner of a pleasing poppy display, not in the manner of a bagel. Although.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
smalex

Post by smalex »

:lol: I've had one of those small packs you get in the supermarket and even that has lasted about 5yrs.

I keep laughing about pulled pork at random moments of the day.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I ordered a scooter with big wheels for A for Christmas. J has just unpacked it and both wheels are warped. Grand, we'll send it back. Except the returns are to be paid, unless there's a problem with the product. If there's a problem, call this number. I just called the number and the customer service lines are closed. Fucksocks.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Oh Goat. You need to make some variant of this from now and every week til the end of time. Just be sure to get in a good supply of toothpicks and dental floss.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

I ordered a jar of coconut oil to do some baking in the early part of Lockdown 1.0.
MissA and I just howled when it arrived :)) . It’s a whole 35ml.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:00 pm Oh Goat. You need to make some variant of this from now and every week til the end of time. Just be sure to get in a good supply of toothpicks and dental floss.
:lol: Is it wise to eat that many poppy seeds?!
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

indigo

Post by indigo »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:00 pm Oh Goat. You need to make some variant of this from now and every week til the end of time. Just be sure to get in a good supply of toothpicks and dental floss.
I love that so much.

And Arietty! :lol: