It’s Friday!

Zoomer

Re: It’s Friday!

Post by Zoomer »

Ismee wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:50 am Oh no, Zooms. Can you take to.your bed?
Unfortunately not, as I have w*rk.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Morning! I hope Bambs enjoys the trip Beena and that the weather is good for your traipsing about in the outside in Cardiff. It's lovely in Bristol so I'm hoping that holds for Cardiff.

I have just had overnight oats for breakfast in an attempt to curtail my ravening mid-morning appetite, and I appear to have put far too much salt in last night, I kept on having to add more and more (thankfully sugar-free) breakfast syrup) to the bowl until it got vaguely palatable.

I don't have many meetings today - hurrah! - so I am hoping my motivation will improve and I can get some traction on my work.

Happy birthday to H!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I really wish some of the soft plays round here would do sole use. I guess maybe it's not financially viable though unless it's part of something like the one in your gym.

Happy birthday H and Beena!

I think the physical part of open days are more about looking at the city anyway when you're choosing a uni.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Have fun beena!

We've come shopping :perky: I've even queued for primark so judge me all you like *

* in large part because we had to be here at 8am for a clarks appointment which we'd finished by 8.12 :lol: and it's chuffing freezing
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Cardiff definitely reminded me of a mini Manchester. Though the area around the station was a bit scary when I was there, with loads of men stumbling around on spice in the middle of the morning.

I have just had a lovely jolly man promise to clean the whole outside of my house for a huge sum, but I think it’ll be worth it.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Good morning and Happy Birthday, Beena!

I am in the office but will be finishing at 4:30 as the depot closes for the weekend. I've managed to get my backlog of emails down to 151 so I shall crack on with those.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Happy birthday Beena and H!

There was literally me and one other (weird) guy in my side of the office today. It made for a slow day. I’m waiting on bbq steak and asparagus to be done so the evening is looking better.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, and Happy Birthday to H & Beena. I hope everyone has a lovely day.

I'm off to get my body manipulated later in the hope it helps my shoulder. I then need to pick up a grazing box I've ordered- they look lovely in photos, so I'm hoping they do in real life.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Happy birthday Beena and H! Hope the uni visit goes ok Beena. Cardiff is lovely.

It’s my non-working day today :perky: so I’ve had a lie in and some nice breakfast and rescued a sheep that was totally caught up in the fence (not Flossie this time). Later holds a garden centre visit then I’m playing golf. I already love compressed hours :love:
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning! Happy birthdays, Beena and H. It’s my eldest brother’s birthday as well and he’s just sent me a funny message saying he can’t find the rabbit jelly mould (long running birthday joke/tradition) and therefore his birthday is all but ruined.

I’m making some work-in-progress bags with clear fronts today for sewing projects - the idea is that when we go back to in-person teaching I can just grab a bag to take to sewing class and it will have everything needed in it. No more discovering I’ve forgotten the correct thread or half of the pattern!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Why have you have all these sheep incursions recently, Chicky? Has a wall or fence come down somewhere? You seem to be reacting with a much better humour to it than I would do if the farmer didn't sort something like that out immediately.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Hello! I have booked to go swimming on Monday. :frolic:

I am so excited.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Hurrah, Bean! Indoors or outdoors?
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Yay! We went on Monday evening and it was a joyous event. Elvis was full of smiles saying “it feels so good”. It dulled my dye job, mind.
Lola

Post by Lola »

I would enjoy rescuing the sheep :love:
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Inside. I don't think we are allowed to use showers after or anything. So I will take my bright pink towel turban.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Aw, Elvis is cute. I know exactly how she feels.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

Happy birthday to the birthday people!

Ziggy is 18 months old today. His proper birthday happened while he was at the shelter so we've decided to celebrate today with his favourite pie for tea (part of a pie, don't worry, he's not going to be working his way through a family sized steak and kidney!) and some new toys. He's getting a haircut later today too which is poorly timed really as it's not his favourite thing to do but we'll gloss over that.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

H1ppychick wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:41 am Why have you have all these sheep incursions recently, Chicky? Has a wall or fence come down somewhere? You seem to be reacting with a much better humour to it than I would do if the farmer didn't sort something like that out immediately.
The fence is in pretty bad shape, we need to replace it really. We own the field but let the farmer put his sheep in there and in return he cuts our hedges. I love having the sheep so don’t want to put the farmer off by asking him to sort the fence out in case he take the sheep away :cry:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I mean, he will when he can make money off them, I guess?