- Posts: 30337
- Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 pm
The coroner officer who is dealing with my Aunts inquest is called Ms Boddy (pronounced Body).
- Posts: 6207
- Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:08 pm
That’s a good example of an aptronym. My husband’s doctor when he was a child was called Dr Payne.
- Posts: 38579
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:21 pm
One of my neighbours (now retired) was Dr Reckless.
- Posts: 41527
- Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:11 am
- Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.
My childhood dentist was Mr Sweetlove.
You have lived life thus far, tell me how you have done it?