Wednesday smiles

Morganna

Re: Wednesday smiles

Post by Morganna »

No, we don't have anything to do with them, really.

I have heard of cases on other sites when people have been in and shouldn't have been, but we aren't allowed to rent out the lodge, and we know the neighbours, who also come and go erratically. We have a full set of everything left here - from books to clothes and other personal items, as well as things like kitchen equipment and hairdryers. Our toothbrushes stay in the bathroom, and so on. The cupboards are full of our stuff. They'd have to clear out all of that to let it out, and they'd never get it all back in the right order, particularly as they don't know where we are, or when we might come back. We even leave non-perishable food in the fridge, and that's never been tampered with either.

I really don't think there has been anyone in, and definitely not anyone using a large cooking pot.
Little My

Post by Little My »

I think I'd be tempted to get a camera set up, Morgs.

Ugh, I'm having a rubbish day. I was supposed to be having a dog-free shopping trip into town but Mr LM had to change plans. And as it happens, the puppy is really sick anyway. I'm starting to get a bit concerned and may have to call the vet by lunchtime if there is no improvement. I have just made up some broth and put some ice cubes in the freezer in anticipation of needing them. :cry:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Hello all, we've managed to get away on holiday for a few days. We booked a lodge in the Scottish Borders although it's got more than a hint of Butlins in the 80s about it (sadly it was not priced that way!) Still, it's a change of scene.

We have just had coffee and sandwiches in a hipster coffee shop in the distinctly one horse town, and we're lounging till dinner.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Have a lovely holiday, Sal!

I am plum tuckered out. I’ve covered 8 miles so far today according to my watch (including my run earlier), which is unheard of for me anymore. I’ve had to have a lie down back in my room before getting on with some work :emme: I really forgot how much walking about I used to do, no wonder I was much fitter years ago :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I hope you get chance to relax Sal. And you, Epp!

I had a nice 15 minutes weeding in the garden after work. A squirrel has been burying acorns in the beds too.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I think I’ve missed the boat for a beaking thread. I appear to be watching something about Prince Philip which I’m not really interested in, but am fascinated by the posho accents. Charles does seem to have come for it from his dad over the years.

I’m still working but have been for a beer downstairs in the bar and got some food to take away - garlic naan, Korean fried chicken and blistered padron peppers which I’m having with some leftover Spanish chicken and some wine :yummeh: I’ve also got a takeaway Negroni :look:

Have we had a gas supply/prices thread?
Last edited by Epponnee Rae on Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I don’t think we have. Not have we heard about your reunion with your family!

I caught the end of that too. There is no mistaking that gene pool. Even Harry is clearly one of them despite what people want to think.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I did think that Harry was very much the most at ease in front of the camera, he was quite slick in comparison with the others.

Ah, yes the family reunion was good! Although it’s not quite complete yet. It was a surprise for everyone when I turned up on my mum’s doorstep Monday night :)) It was definitely worth keeping the secret! I’ve only seen her and my brother so far, as the sisters are a bit further away and wrangling work/kids in school while I’m working US West Coast hours, but I’ll see them this weekend. I don’t know when I’ll get to squeeze the nieces and nephews, hopefully next week!
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Also turtle power clearly works, as the day after I asked you all to hope the US would sort immigration out, they announced the end of the UK/EU travel ban. So thanks you lot! Hopefully that will mean good news for me eventually.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's lovely about surprising your family!

Your tea sounds brilliant. I was mourning the fried chicken that my old work canteen served earlier today.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Your tea does sound good.

I had to go to the supermarket after getting home from Squeak’s rugby training and bought lovely things for lunch tomorrow. I’ll be having smoked salmon thin bagels.

Tonight’s car topic from Squeak: “I think we’d be friends if we were at school together”. :lol: I very much doubt that. She also tried to ask if her dad & I would have got together if we’d known each other at school. Er, also unlikely. :))
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I think that last one would make a good thread!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That would make a good thread!

Your dinner sounds amazing, Epp and I’m glad your first surprise went well.

I’m back in the office today after a couple of days off sick. It’s very very quiet. I only have today and tomorrow then I’m on leave :perky: