What I'm not saying out loud in 2021 (IWLTS)

Lola

Re: What I'm not saying out loud in 2021 (IWLTS)

Post by Lola »

I fully hate mine when he’s ill :lol:
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

God, mine too!

IWLTS: This is a road. You know, a public highway down which cars are fully entitled to drive. If you choose to sit down in a group in the middle of the road, and a car comes down it as I have just done, yes, you will have to get up and move to the side of it to let me past. Giving me the finger and filthy looks as you do so is bonkers. :lg:
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Protesters or just dickheads, Liv?

I feel I should clarify that my ire was directed at my 27 year old man-child actual child. There is a huge back story of him losing jobs and I’m being triggered all over the place. My husband had the same illness two weeks ago and managed a 10K sponsored yomp over the moors. S has huge form for exaggerating and my sympathy is thin.

Watch it turn out like when Bats had appendicitis :ella:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It must be so frustrating Edith.

IWLTScream: for the love of god, why does downloading the fucking results always take so fucking LONG?!

I’m making up hours at work and it’s taking forever.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Run over them next time Liv.

I got the finger from a bloke who was on his phone at the traffic lights so didn't see they had changed. I beeped him very politely and still got the finger. Next time I'll just go up his arse.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Beatrix

Post by Beatrix »

Unfortunately I’m not sure there is a way to politely beep your horn. Obviously, he was the moron in the wrong but they’re often the ones who like to swear and give the finger - no one likes their errors pointed out :lol:.

Iwlts just have an opinion that doesn’t involve telling me how you don’t think I do things the right way :ella:.
Luce

Post by Luce »

How do you beep ‘politely’? :lol:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

:lol: I very politely shouted, yet those shoppers blocking the aisle told me to fuck off :))

Unfortunately in day time when flashing your lights doesn't work, I don't think there's any non-aggressive way to alert someone. But I don't really think it's reasonable to just sit there until the lights go red again either. All cars should have the option from Ken's video :yes: It reminds me of The Darling Buds of May where they had a country horn and a town horn on their car.

I was driving on a small road near our house once, and a man driving a tractor had stopped, leaving his tractor running, and got out to look at something, standing in the middle of the road with his back to me. I just waited about 5 metres away for him to notice, and when he did he jumped a mile :lol: It seems to happen quite a lot round here that people who apparently can't hear a diesel motor will stand in the road, completely unaware of traffic. In his defense the tractor motor will have masked the noise quite a bit, but not entirely.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Edith Bacon wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:47 pm Protesters or just dickheads, Liv?
Just dickheads, Edith. :))

I didn’t beep my horn at them either. Just came to a stop and waited until they got up and moved. No gestures, just a smile and a wave of thanks when the morons finally did so after some huffing and puffing and gestures towards me. Twats.

If I hadn’t noticed the lights had changed I’d totally expect to get beeped. I’m a woman though, and will acknowledge my errors, rather than getting aggressive at someone having the temerity to suggest I may be in the wrong…. :lg: (okay, I’m in a bad moodaaa today to seems :lol: )
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

A muted, quick peep is a 'polite beep' - not a prolonged BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

Liv, those dickheads deserved a very impolite beep.

purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

A polite beep is definitely a thing around here and in London! I'd much rather someone bipped me if I'd not noticed the lights had changed.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Oh I'm not suggesting laying on the horn is the same as a quick beep!
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I call a polite beep a bip too :lol:
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Luce

Post by Luce »

Up here in the frozen north, this is not a shared cultural phenomenon. Any beep I get would get the finger from me. A beep (be it bip or otherwise) would be viewed as definitely Rude. I think the only acceptable form of beeping is if someone is trying to warn you about hitting something. So if I were to be reversing into you because I hadn't seen you then please feel free to beep me then :))
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I tend to 'bip bip' when someone obviously hasn't see lights change (we've all been there), or if I'm trying to let the other car know I'm there without agression. I also do it when I see someone I know.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Lola

Post by Lola »

If I set my status on Teams to do not disturb then that means don’t try to call me, dickheads.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh my god, I feel that so deeply. Or when they wander over, saying “I saw you were on Do Not Disturb so I thought I should come over in person.

Fucking *what*?
Lola

Post by Lola »

FFS! Luckily I am at home so that couldn’t happen. Anyway I logged off as soon as I saw they* had tried to call as it’s been a shit day & I couldn’t face speaking to them :mature: I bet whatever it is can be written down in an email anyway :ella:

*2 males, obviously
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Luce wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:08 pm Up here in the frozen north, this is not a shared cultural phenomenon. Any beep I get would get the finger from me. A beep (be it bip or otherwise) would be viewed as definitely Rude. I think the only acceptable form of beeping is if someone is trying to warn you about hitting something. So if I were to be reversing into you because I hadn't seen you then please feel free to beep me then :))
How else do they tell you if you haven't noticed something? Do you all just sit there until the lights change again? Get out and knock on your window? :))

I feel bad for laughing at people saying "I saw you had do not disturb on, so I thought I'd come over rather than message" :lol: