Sedated Monday

sally maclennane

Sedated Monday

Post by sally maclennane »

Morning, I have to have an endoscopy today so I'll be sedated, not knocked out though. I only got the info on Saturday and I didn't realise that it meant no breakfast :cry: They had organised it as part of the investigation for my gall bladder issues but even though I've since had that removed, they said I should still get it done as I still have the symptoms that prompted it (feeling of food stuck in my throat) and which they don't think is related to GB.

I'm logged onto work just now, as I have tons to do but my mum is coming to collect me at 10am, and she'll wait with me at the hospital as someone has to bring you home. I suspect she'll have befriended the entire waiting room by the time I get out :lol:

How is Monday looking for you?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Cerise

Re: Sedated Monday

Post by Cerise »

Monday is looking a bit busy. I have a new student this morning who has high SEND but is also pretty bright so I’m just prepping a range of ideas to start getting an idea of what he likes to do. Then I have my dance class, go to town to collect an order from Next, work admin and house chores this afternoon, Maths Club straight after school, feed the footballer, send the footballer, feed the rest of the family, collect the footballer, sofa and a cuppa. THE END.

Hope your procedure goes smoothly, Sal.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Morning Sal, I hope the procedure goes well and more importantly it helps find a solution to the symptoms.

Just another Monday of work and trying to get things wrapped up for a project delivery this week. Tonight it's choir and we will be looking at a mixture of songs to add to our list.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning Sal, I hope todays’s scope goes well and gives an answer to your issue.

Standard Monday here, but no school football.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Morning! I hope it all goes ok sal.

I've just bought our tickets for Alton Towers with Tesco Clubcard vouchers before they turn 3x into 2x value when swapping them. :panic: We've also booked a really nice looking Airbnb nearby for 2 nights so we can spend a whole day there without worrying about the 4 hour drive there/back, and may get to visit a new NT place the next day before setting off or on the way. It's not until September but we've timed it with Elvis's birthday so that will be a good weekend.

Now that's sorted, I'm continuing with my online training. Fortunately, it's 'intro to x topic' team sessions that were held for cross-training (and recorded) rather than dull corporate videos. I have a prep meeting later as I'm being sent to see a client tomorrow. :weewee:
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I hope it goes well, Sal.

Morning all, usual day for me at work, BootCamp later, and packing for the rest of the week in Spain.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Luna

Post by Luna »

Morning all. I’d quite like to be sedated. Instead we have a busy clinic :eek:
A big dog has just let out a very long slow fart. His face was a picture afterwards.
Good luck Sal.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Morning, Turtles. Best of luck for today, Sal. Scopy anything scares me. :cry:

I am back in the UK. On the National Express somewhere between London and Bristol to be exact. Some nause is having the most loud, inane conversation on his phone that the whole bus can hear.

We are approaching about hour 36 of this never ending journey. One more bus after this, then MrD can collect me and my suitcase from the Sainsburys car park like the classy bitch that I am. :shoe:

When I get home I need to shower, unpack, hand out presents, do some work, spend some time with the kids and take them to their swimming lesson, then send them off to MrD’s mum’s house as we are off to Porto for four days tomorrow. :lol:

I am a neglectful parent! But in fairness this has been planned for months - long before my mercy dash to Oz.

I hope you all have super Mondays!
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Luna wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:46 am
A big dog has just let out a very long slow fart. His face was a picture afterwards.
Did he look surprised? Our dogs always act like their wind is a massive surprise:lol:

Good luck Sal and hope you can make up for breakfast later.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Good luck, Sal! I had that feeling and they said it was globus and it would go away eventually, which it did. It’s come back recently though.

I’m waiting to hear if when/if my cleaner is coming today, and based on that I’ll plan the rest of the day. I need to go to the supermarket and the greengrocer at some point.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Luna

Post by Luna »

mojojojo wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:52 am
Luna wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:46 am
Did he look surprised? Our dogs always act like their wind is a massive surprise:lol:
He looked very hang dog. Luckily it was odourless as far as I could detect.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

My dog always farts nonchalantly when he does a big (head down dog) stretch. It never fails to make the kids laugh.

I hope it goes well for you today, Sal!
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I hope the scope goes well for you today, Sal.

You deserve the trip to Porto, Dande!

I weighed myself this morning and confirmed my clothes have not shrunk in the dryer. :lg:
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

Good morning! I hope your procedure goes well, Sal, and that no one is poisoned by the flatulent pooch :lol:

I have also been medicalising this morning, as my daughter finally convinced me to go to the doctor’s to get the lumps in my left palm looked at. The conversation went exactly as follows:

Nice Dr: What can I do for you today?

Me: I have lumps in the palm of my left hand (thrusts hand under Nice Dr’s nose)

Nice Dr: Do you have a family history of this?

Me: Yes! My dad had Depuytrens!

Nice Dr: And so do you!

Me: Oh good, I thought that’s what it was.

The End. It’s what Maggie Thatcher had that made her fingers curl into the palm of her hand.

I then texted MissA to reassure her and went for a celebratory shop round M & S.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning.

I hope your appointment is as straightforward as Arietty’s, Sal! :)) Celebratory M&S shopping all round, if you can.

I’m still recovering from my busy weekend. So so tired. I think I was talking in my sleep last night; I woke myself up saying “don’t hit him!” but I’m not sure if I actually said it out loud. I’ve never knowing done that before.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Arrietty wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:51 am Me: Yes! My dad had Depuytrens!

Nice Dr: And so do you!
That runs in my family too! My granddad needed surgery in the end. It used to be called the Viking disease as it was thought to only affect white, Northern Europeans (usually male). We always said, given where my paternal side came from in the U.K. it was likely we were Viking somewhere in the distant past. However, recent studies have found it to be more prevalent in Africa and Asia so that put paid to that theory.

Hope your appointment goes well Sal!
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I am having a small sigh of relief; my delivery deadline is being pushed out to next week. Phew!
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

sally maclennane wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:50 am I suspect she'll have befriended the entire waiting room by the time I get out :lol:
This is so like my mum. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they'd had a lovely chat in a queue somewhere over the years. :lol:

I hope all goes well for you today.

I've done the school run, food shopping and put a wash on, and now I'm on the sofa with a napping toddler on my lap (she'll either nap in her buggy or in my arms, but no dice with the buggy nap today), watching the Paula Yates documentary and debating whether I can reach my lukewarm coffee without waking X up. :))
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Good luck, sal, I hope it's all (by now) going well. And that your Mum makes some nice new friends.

I love your appointment, Arrietty. :)) R and my Mum are nagging me to see someone about what I am 100% convinced is Raynauds and I expect if I did the conversation would be pretty similar. I'm rather hoping that it'll happen less often now it's getting warmer and they'll stop looking horrified by my white and blue fingers. :))
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Thanks all, I got home about an hour ago. It was all very straightforward but I had to hang about for a few hours first. My appointment was half ten, and it was after half 12 when they took me for the procedure. Anyway, I have heliobacter pylori, which was first suggested when I contacted my GP about my stomach problems 3 years ago!

I have had some soup and also a hot cross bun which was delicious!

And of course, my mum met a new friend in the waiting room :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse