Wednesday

Bat Macdui

Wednesday

Post by Bat Macdui »

I have not slept well and I have work to do. :lg: Still, I had a gentle go at my manager yesterday for the thing I had a cob on about, and my ire was recognised as justified, so I feel more inclined to do some of the work. And I am wearing a new and very comfortable bra, so small joys.

Tell me your small joys. :))
bramblerose

Re: Wednesday

Post by bramblerose »

I am not sure I have any small joys. Oh, there is less dust in this house than there was yesterday - I'll take that.

Just work today which is manic and I have only one meeting planned.

I have dinner prepped and ready to go in the instant pot at lunch time and after work, we shall be either mist coating, sanding or a mixture of both.

It's gone a bit chilly - I'm hoping for warm later.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Morning Bats! Hope your working day speeds by productively.

I’m done for my working day and am watching the first of two Jiu Jitsu training sessions. My small joy was that a meeting got cancelled just before lunch so I took advantage and squeezed in some exercise which was much needed.
Luna

Post by Luna »

This week has been spectacularly joyless thus far, culminating in our concealed cistern push buttons breaking last night. However I am informed that someone is coming to look at it this morning so does that count?

I am pleased for your comfy bra Bats and the sun being out once more.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Morning.
My small joy was finding out that I could disable my overlocker blade thus preventing me from sometimes cutting holes in nearly finished items of clothing.
Malan
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning.

I’m out of joy too, because I took to my bed with a headache about 7.30pm last night and I still have the headache this morning. I’m wfh today but have just let my manager know that I’m not quite a full capacity. Via mime, because my laptop decided that it needed an update so I couldn’t hear incoming sound. I know she likes to see the whites of your eyes when you’re claiming illness.

I’m now letting the laptop do its thing and wondering what I’ll do first on my Big List Of Things To Do.

Actually, small joy is that I can see my architectural looking Iris from my desk and the birds are singing nicely.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Morning all. Hope you feel better soon Pipola.

My small joy is that today is my last day of work for 2 weeks :perky: I'm working from home thankfully and hoping to finish a bit earlier. J is back tonight, possibly early evening if he manages to get the earlier train.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Luna

Post by Luna »

Are you feeling better Sal?
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Hope you feel better soon, Pip.

Happy holidays, sal :frolic:

We had to get up at 5:30 because there are maintanence works on the tram line so we had to work out a new route to school for Joe. He starts at 8am three days a week which is taking some getting used to. He also announced at 6 that he hadn't done homework, so the Swede was tasked with that while I showered. It's still not done, but Joe can deal with it and hopefully learn from it.

My joy for today is that we have a middle eastern feast for dinner. We live in a very middle eastern neighbourhood so the supermarket is fantastic! We have sucuk, kofte, hummus, falafel, and flatbreads for tonight, and there was an unbelievable amount of choice for each. I will do science and try all available varieties to find out which is best, of course.

I am still proud of myself for not entirely losing my shit when instadad announced a few days ago that he didn't think he needed to pay maintenance anymore now we've moved. It seems to be sorted now 🤞
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Luna wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:58 am Are you feeling better Sal?
Yes, I've been using First Defense and I don't fully understand how it works but it seems to be. My throat is still a bit scratchy but so far, it's not turned into a full on cold.

Smun, what did Instadad think would happen? Did he think the boys would stop needing stuff because they moved to another country? What a dick.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

“You can clearly afford to be somewhere exotic, therefore I am no longer expected to parent”. Dickhead.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I have given up trying to understand how he thinks. Apparently he got the wrong end of the stick. I don't even know what stick he might have gotten the wrong end of.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, insta is a fuckwit, surely his should go up due to Swedish cost of living?

Anyway, usual Wednesday here, I’ll pop over to mum's in a bit for an hour and then try to organise the house.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Morning!

What a knobhead, smunder, I'd ask what he was thinking but he probably wasn't. Glad it's settled though.

We're going to view the preferred retirement flat today, and will make an offer on it if the menfolk agree. :panic:
Luna

Post by Luna »

I have a flushing loo again :perky:
Little My

Post by Little My »

That's some interesting logic. Is he still planning to leave the UK too?

I can only think of coffee as my small joy this morning. Maybe my dog being her usual, happy self too. Both things usually make my mornings better. :)

Staying inside mostly today, despite the nice weather, because the air quality isn't great. We have not had a drop of rain in weeks, the fields are so dry they're giving off a lot of dust, and we have the haze from all the wildfires.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

How was the retirement flat, Wendy?

I have had an annoying day however I just dropped off birthday gifts to my colleague who turned 50 today but hadn't been at work and I had a lovely cuddle with her bordoodle :love:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Yes, how was it Wendy? Any decisions made?

I started to feel better mid morning so made it through the day. I have been to the gym this evening and had a shower with almost the last of my lovely jasmine shower gel & I’m in my pyjamas with my book now.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

We’re waiting to hear back on our second offer!

My dad really liked the flat (far too obviously IMO :lol: ) and we had a little walk around Wells, which he loved. I knew I had to work late tonight so I wasn’t fussed about taking a long lunch.

We still have plan B if they want to hold out for a better offer.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I thought I'd posted in this thread hours ago but I must not have submitted it :lol:

Good luck with the flat, Wendy, and I'm happy for your working loo, Luna.

Today has been mostly on the sofa but I've lost my telly-watching glasses. My house is tiny, where can they be?
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.