Let's do 'Days' again

smalex

Re: Let's do 'Days' again

Post by smalex »

I've been on about 3 different forums with Sav, and she was always like that. I think of her quite fondly really.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I used to enjoy her IWLTS posts.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Toast wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:46 pm I used to enjoy her IWLTS posts.
:mog: She so spectacularly missed the point of that thread.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Morganna wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:15 pm
Kenickie wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:03 pm That's awful, Morgs! I had no idea.
No, I didn't say anything at the time, as it wasn't a public transaction. It's not a huge deal, but I think it was a bit typical of her attitude, really. She was very much on the make, wasn't she?
She was.

I don’t remember the details, but I’m sure she made a total meal of making sure that the restaurant they were going to on the blind date had scooter access and stuff. The guy she was meeting had already confirmed that it definitely did, and rather than being reassured by that, she totally doubled down and made it weird. (She could actually walk, I think, but she really leaned into the bald/scooter-riding/tattooed/quirky-crochet-hat persona she’d created for herself.) Nowadays we’d say she was cosplaying.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Toast wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:44 pm That was one of the things making me laugh on the old thread, the confusion.

Also, Sav's thread! Bye!
I miss Sav. I do wish she’d come back.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Calico was my first SS victim! I thought that we were friends but when I was first coming to terms with being in a wheelchair she irritated me beyond bearing, but I thought it was me being chippy because I was really struggling at times. Then I wasn’t sympathetic enough when she fell over and doubted that she should sue the venue, so she had a huge go at me by PM and blocked me everywhere. I don’t feel I lost anything worth having.

Anyway, I’m going to find my day now :weewee: I think I went on a local sightseeing trip.

Unfortunately my day now wouldn’t be very interesting (no kids or pets and a tour of my house would take five photos maximum :lol: ) but maybe because we’ll be challenged by mostly being at home it’ll give us more insight.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

rosy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:39 pm Calico was my first SS victim!
I have to ask- do you remember what you got her? :mog:
rosy

Post by rosy »

Gosh! Let me think. Fluffy socks, cat grass seeds and a pot, chocolate and a candle, I think. It was back when the limit was £5 and I remember being quite careful to not go very far over the budget.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Did I mention that it was Sav who was behind sending me those weird DMs saying she knew where I lived and sent me my (old) address and that I should beware? Absolutely mental. And then Fin defended her and had her own flounce. It all got really messy for absolutely no reason, as per :lol:

I can see those Lora digs but I think only because I knew about the context at the time. I dodged Calico fully at the big Manchester meet but didn't quite manage it - she tried to get me to give her a lift to a train station the next day. It was awkward as fuck (I was outside having a cigarette) and was glaring at Ken who was inside having a very happy, drama-free Premier Inn breakfast :love:

I love it when we bring up old members. Shout out to Korill who I hated with the power of a thousand suns :frolic:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I liked Calico when I met her! And Poppy. Clearly not a very good judge of character.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Luce wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:08 pm Did I mention that it was Sav who was behind sending me those weird DMs saying she knew where I lived and sent me my (old) address and that I should beware?
Whaaaaaat?! I always thought she was a bit dotty but harmless.

Was Calico at the Manchester meet?
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Yes, she was Lora.

I am really surprised at that too Luce!
smalex

Post by smalex »

No! Sav?! How do you know?

The power of a thousand suns :lol:
Luce

Post by Luce »

Oh shit big panic, do I mean the right person?! I think I mean sexual cocaine lady! Apologies Sav! Think I meant Sev!
Luce

Post by Luce »

Fuck, sorry! Shit.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Squirrel wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:12 pm I liked Calico when I met her! And Poppy. Clearly not a very good judge of character.
You know what, she was much more normal in real life, to be fair.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

In my memory I thought it was that person who kept coming back at random intervals in the school holidays who was behind those stalker PMs. I'm really surprised too. How did you find out, Lucy?
Luce

Post by Luce »

Not Sav, not Sav! :panic:

Wasn't Poppy either, it was sexual cocaine lady and I can't remember how I found out but it made sense at the time. This was around 2012 ish I think, so a thousand years ago.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I remember that, and it was Sev, not poor Sav :)). She won’t read this though anyway :mischief:.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Luce wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:17 pm
Squirrel wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:12 pm I liked Calico when I met her! And Poppy. Clearly not a very good judge of character.
You know what, she was much more normal in real life, to be fair.
I think it was at the Edinburgh meet when she was still apparently in good health etc.