Arrietty

Re: Roast Idiot

Post by Arrietty »

Oh no! :mog:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s fantastic! He could actually stay with my inlaws who’ve just moved to the area.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Oh! :lol:
Exactly how shame-faced is he, and who realised the error?
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Amazing :lol:
rosy

Post by rosy »

Oops!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Amazing! :mog: :mog:
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

He realised quite quickly, but only because the confirmation email showed payment in AUD. I can't stop laughing at the thought of him wandering along Mansfield High Street in a couple of weeks, trying to find the hotel! :lol:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

That's excellent :lol:
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

:lol:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

:mog:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

That reminds me of the ski holiday where my friend T confidently booked us a rental car for us to travel from the airport to the resort we were staying in, and for us to use to potter about a couple of other ski areas which were drivable. Only problem was that our airport was Geneva, and he’d booked the car in Zurich. There were no rentals remaining in Geneva.

Annoyingly, T is one of those people for whom things always just kind of work out even when he just wings it*, and he managed to get the manager of the hotel we were going to be staying in (and where we were to be joined a day or so later by a couple of other friends) to send a taxi sent to us at the airport whilst we had a meal in the restaurant there - the transfer was about 90 minutes of travel I think. The car the second group had (successfully) rented had enough space for us to resort-hop in when you took luggage out of the equation, and even with the airport taxis going both ways we still came out a bit better off financially.

*on another ski holiday he didn’t bother prebooking any accommodation for the night we arrived, when we’d be in transit driving halfway between Venice and Selva Gardena, instead he just stuck a pin in a likely looking town on the route and the first hotel we rocked up to there had enough rooms at a cheap price and a cosy little restaurant. My control-freak brain was cursing him.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Rosa wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:16 pm S has a work meeting in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire in a couple of weeks. To make life easier he booked a hotel :ella:.
:mog:
Lola

Post by Lola »

Mansfield Notts is such a dive too, he’ll wish he was in the Australian one, the poor sod :lol:
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Aw, that sort of thing is very easily done though. :lol: And Zirk has done the airport thing, he booked a car at Malaga airport. When we arrived in Majorca he spent an hour on the phone to the car company running round following their directions to the car reservation desk at a different airport before everyone realised.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Turtle Bean wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:11 am Aw, that sort of thing is very easily done though. :lol: And Zirk has done the airport thing, he booked a car at Malaga airport. When we arrived in Majorca he spent an hour on the phone to the car company running round following their directions to the car reservation desk at a different airport before everyone realised.
My boss once told me to book a flight to Malaga when in actual fact he needed me to go to Mallorca. He had to refund me for that one.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I've got a lot to catch up on but this thread has made me guffaw muchly :mog:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I can't get past fucking gong baths, FFS.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

My lovely idiot ordered a role sample for the bathroom today. And then paid £12 for next day delivery on it 😂.

(I made him call to cancel it)
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Mansplain of the week

I'm moving my bike to his and we discussed taking the front wheel off.

(Stood next to the bike) bloke said "should be easy as it's quick release". I said it's not quick release and he bent down to look and said "I think it is" .
I said "Not only is it not quick release, I actually replaced the spindles and bolts some years ago so that the wheels can only be taken off if the whole bike is upside down"

He had the grace to look embarrassed. Fucking idiot with his "I think it is"
Malan
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Can someone please explain to me why some men (in this case MrE) are so feckin' rubbish at cooking?

Today's disaster ...cheese on toast with red onion. Now I like onions and said can I have a bit more today. I was served two slices of toast, each with a disc of onion and just melted cheese.

I did raise my eye brow when I saw it and one bite confirmed all my fears; luke warm and very crunchy raw red onion. His reasoning...I thought I'd do it like this cos you were hungry.

No not hungry but very very hangry with this effort. Words have been said and now I'm making mine properly.