Roast Idiot

Lola

Re: Roast Idiot

Post by Lola »

No but maybe it would give you a break & the ex can have the joy of being the main parent for a change.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

The phone call went “your mum says she called the school and you can’t go so I’ll let her tell you why”

:ella: :mad:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I would be shocked but it’s him (your ex) so I’m not.

I’m sorry things are so hard with your son. It’s good that he has a goal but he needs to think about practicalities and also limitations whether it’s distance or the school having no places right now.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I know he's your son and all (no, really :ella: ) but he needs to learn he absolutely cannot be violent with you. Ever.

I don't know how you'd go about doing that (I know how I would but I'm not his mum!) but that to me is more important than anything. I'm really worried about you, reading this.

Does his father know?
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Disco

Post by Disco »

What would his father do though? He's proved himself a pointless twat time and time again.

I'm so sorry you are having such a hard and worrying time, Kleio.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Disco wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:11 pm What would his father do though? He's proved himself a pointless twat time and time again.
Yep, I suspect he'd find a way to blame Kleio for it.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I don't think he'd do anything to be honest but I did wonder if he knew.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ah yes, I see.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I didn't meant to brush the violence under the carpet. It's not acceptable. It's such a horrible, toxic situation.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

His dad will blame me. Every time.

Cube is so certain he’s leaving school and going to college early despite me telling him the only thing they’ll offer is functional skills. He’s being predicted 6-9s across subjects for GCSEs. I don’t know why he’s so intent on throwing it away and why his dad is pushing for it.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Kleio wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:36 pm He’s being predicted 6-9s across subjects for GCSEs. I don’t know why he’s so intent on throwing it away and why his dad is pushing for it.
How did his dad get on at school? Could it be jealousy?

R's oldest grandson will be 16 in January. He has his heart set on being an F1 racing engineer. He's done a bit of work experience with a local garage (who were delighted with him), but his mum is being really strict about the GCSEs coming first. So, no cars or hanging around garages until they're out of the way.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Luce

Post by Luce »

I’m really sorry if I’m totally misunderstanding but your son broke your leg? Am I’m reading that right? Again, sorry if I’ve totally got the wrong end of the stick, I’m absolutely flabbergasted.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

No. You read that wrong Luce.
overthehill wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:03 pm
How did his dad get on at school? Could it be jealousy?
I don’t know. It just feels like he’s practically abandoned him for 10 years and now, he’s suddenly decided he’s going to sweep in and do anything to get him on side. He didn’t even know what secondary school they attended.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

That is kind of how I read it too.

I am glad as hell that he didn't.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Oh Kleio, I'm so sorry that BB is a totally useless prick and that Cube is being so awful right now. It is such a difficult age when they are stuck somewhere between being a child and an adult and wanting to be both of those, depending on the situation. Doing all of this with zero support from the man who should be the male role model must be unbearably hard at times. I have no great ideas or tips but just wanted to let you know I support you and sympathise.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Topcat wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:18 pm That is kind of how I read it too.

God, thank you. I’m not sure how I got that so wrong.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Luce wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:51 pm
Topcat wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:18 pm That is kind of how I read it too.

God, thank you. I’m not sure how I got that so wrong.
Same!

I am really sorry though Kleio.

I went through absolute hell with The Child from the very second she started secondary at age 11 until she was just about 13 and it was utterly soul destroying. I remember telling her mum at certain points that I simply didn't want to see her (I still did, she is my daughter and my responsibility) but I was at my wits end with her at the time.
Luce

Post by Luce »

To add to that, I nearly cried when F came home after a week away with school because I just couldn’t stand the idea of one more argument and then again because I must be the worlds worst mum to feel that way. It was soul destroying, not wanting to be around him; you can’t leave your kids and I tend to cut people off if they’re toxic. Everything has got so much better in the last 6 months or so but I honestly thought at one point that we would not have any kind of relationship going forward. Fuck, my heart absolutely shattered at that. Sorry Kleio.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I’m absolutely there with Cube at the moment. He needs to leave for school, I tried to wake him and got an elbow to the throat
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh kleio, it must be so hard. I wish your ex twat had an ounce of compassion and insight to support you as a united front. Although if he was capable of that I suspect we wouldn’t be having this conversation.