Roast Idiot

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Roast Idiot

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You said he was the reason you dislocated your knee; what happened? Are you OK?
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

If he thinks he can assault you, I'd not be waking him for school. But that's easily said on here. I'm agog at him.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:44 am You said he was the reason you dislocated your knee; what happened? Are you OK?
I’m not talking about it on a public forum and wish I hadn’t really mentioned that bit. He was the cause but it wasn’t purposeful.

If I don’t wake him Lazz he won’t go to school and then I’m stuck with him all day alongside him not actually getting an education.

He masks at school, is getting brilliant grades, loads of positive points, winning awards etc.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I don't know what to say. It's easy to react and think I wouldn't stand for that, but not so easy to know what I would actually do, which is the important thing.

What happened with your knee? How are the other two dealing with this? Is he violent towards them, or just you? Either way, it must be affecting them too. The obvious thing to think is that he needs clear and firm boundaries, but if they can't be enforced they can do more harm than good, as he'll just learn that boundaries are not important.

As I say, I'm at a loss, but didn't want to read and ignore.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

As I said, it's easy for me to wang on as a non-parent. What are the consequences for him when he gets violent? It's true that a missed day of school sounds like more of a punishment for you than him. :( I don't know what to say either.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

So basically he's fine at school and an absolute shit at home. He is in control of this, he's choosing to behave like this and knows he can get away with it.

I'm not sure what the answer is but as you know I'm very worried and really want you to ask the police for advice if nothing else. X
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Luna

Post by Luna »

Is he getting on with his peers ok at school? Could he be lashing out at home because his friendships are tricky at the moment?

Grasping at straws because it sounds very difficult to cope with 🙁
rosy

Post by rosy »

I’m sorry, Kleio. It must be really hard. Is there help available for him (and the rest of the family)?
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I'm really sorry you're dealing with this, Kleio. Please do reach out for any help available and we're all here to listen if it's helpful.

Lily, I don't think it's as simple as that. It's a well known phenomenon that children can have restraint control that falls apart at home. I'm not excusing his behaviour at all and obviously violence isn't acceptable but it's not as easy as him choosing to behave at school and not at home.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Agreed Ken. He's obviously in turmoil and finding it difficult to manage his emotions plus had a terrible role model in the father etc - not excusing it but he needs help as much as Klieo.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Yes, that is a REALLY key point that Ken is making.

I'm sorry, Kleio, that sounds beyond difficult and so upsetting.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I really appreciate the support but I think this would be better in members rather than here where it can be read by anyone. I’m so sad for my boy.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

When I didn't hear him properly first time around , the bloke patronisingly explained to me like I was a bit stupid that women got a 15 min free Voi ride today for International Women's Day . He then got funny when I highlighted the irony of that. :lol:
He once also mansplained to me that my (MY) bike , (that we happened to be discussing briefly and we were stood next to) had quick release wheels. When I said it didn't he sort of swept his hand in a flourish as if to say "oh yes it does!". So I took great pleasure in telling him that not only did it not have quick release wheels, I had in fact replaced them with locking wheel nuts (a task outside of his skillset) He at least had the grace to look shamed that time.
Malan
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I remember that story, Marth!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I flipping hate my useless lump of a husband. Never knowingly deals with leftovers, and seems to think the little used teabag holder needs a thorough cleaning rather than a wipe. Get some proper priorities you baldy dickhead!
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

As per I want to roast my ex husband.

Betty has finally got her assessment date for Autism/ADHD diagnosis and she decided to tell her Dad. His response? When is she getting *HIM* checked out whilst pointing to Elf. Yes, I think I do need to but it's only been since I've been looking into Betty's that we've maybe considered Elf. Apparently BB has long suspected but rather than speak to me or organise it himself he's telling everyone I'm a shit Mum who just doesn't bother. If he's that certain why doesn't HE speak to the doctor?
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Oh FFS.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I went into the kitchen this morning to find P wiping down a surface. He told me he'd slipped when opening the tin of tuna for his lunch and got brine everywhere, including his clothes 'that are going straight into the wash'. At some point in my day, I headed to the kitchen with a basket of washing to swap what he'd put on with a fresh load, but the machine was empty. The silly man had put his fishy briney clothes into a laundry basket not the machine. Nice.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Good job he's not a fisherman.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

That's just so thoughtless.