Feeding TMT

rosy

Re: Are you stockpiling?

Post by rosy »

I’m just keeping my rolling Brexit stash going, using and replacing. I am a bit concerned about bog roll as I use a lot of it :toomuchinformation: but I have sufficient for the moment and I suspect people will settle down.

Now that I have an empty mini freezer I might go to Iceland or FarmFoods next week and stock up on a few bits, though no more than I would normally have if I had a bigger freezer.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

i still have my war store/Brexit stash so am just buying as normal.

I do need loo roll, washing tablets, cat litter and cling film so I'll get that from Costco (hopefully)
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Sod food, I have enough beauty products to ensure that I still look when I'm starving after the apocalypse
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Since we live in the sticks our normal mode of shopping is probably close to what some might term stock piling. I bought two extra packs of pasta this week, but otherwise nothing more than normal, and with our normal level of stored food we could last for ages any way.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I pay into a group for our local foodback and we do an online shop for it each week. They just reported that it was really hard to get the tinned food and pasta they normally order, but managed to get toilet roll so bought that instead. We can't have the foodbanks not able to get the essentials :(
Malan
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Why the fuck is bog roll at the top on everyone's list?

I don't get the reasons behind it and if I'm honest then it really pisses me off that people are so pathetic about it.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Topcat wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:05 pm Why the fuck is bog roll at the top on everyone's list?

I don't get the reasons behind it and if I'm honest then it really pisses me off that people are so pathetic about it.
That arse won't wipe itself.
Malan
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

My Bil went to Asda this evening and there was no toilet roll or soap left. It's madness.

I haven't stockpiled anything.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Topcat wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:05 pm Why the fuck is bog roll at the top on everyone's list?
I'm genuinely confused about this.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Isn't it because one of the (way down the list) symptoms is diarrhoea? That's what I read, anyway.
Marth

Post by Marth »

I bought 8 cans of tomato soup, an extra box of cat food and three more bags of pasta. I was buying bogger anyway. I did buy another handwash and got subs a Mr Man one which is very sweet.
Malan
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

And yet nobody has mentioned a run on tissues for noses.

It's weird.
Betty Bee

Post by Betty Bee »

I need to buy toilet roll and handwash this week (normal amounts) and I'll be very annoyed if I can't because of stockpiling. :verm:
Marth

Post by Marth »

Topcat wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:11 pm And yet nobody has mentioned a run on tissues for noses.

It's weird.
Yes, I think it's contagion. It's reported somewhere it's running out, and then people panic. I think Australia started it.
Malan
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I am also confused about the run on t/roll. It’s not as if Coronavirus gives sufferers the squits :shrug:

Assuming you have the means, making sure you have enough supplies of whatever you need to get you through a short period of difficult circumstance is just common sense, I think.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

We do have what looks like a lot in our pantry at the moment, but like smal says chopped tomatoes and similar go super fast in a month so it wouldn’t do us for long. I do buy Lidl granola 4 big bags at a time as I have it every morning and can’t always get to Lidl, so I’ve just realised when I go next week I will look like I’m on a mad stockpile kick. If they even have it :cry: I much prefer it to any other and have made specific trips for it before, including leaving the baby sleeping in the car while I twitched in the queue with my arms wrapped round the 1 kg bags and nothing else :look:

What we do have in surplus is large dispensers of hand sanitiser as C bought loads for the changing table. He got bought them at £4 each and the exact same thing is now going for £34.99 on eBay! So as long as the post or facebook marketplace is still running I have my nest egg, or at least something I can trade for actual eggs. :lol:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Exactly. It's absolutely pathetic.
Betty Bee

Post by Betty Bee »

I'll just have to steal toilet roll from work next week if I can't buy any. :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ismee wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:07 pm My Bil went to Asda this evening and there was no toilet roll or soap left. It's madness.
It was like that in Sainsbury's yesterday. An entire aisle had about three packets of loo roll left and the soaps were similar.

I did buy a new soap because I've only just discovered Method anti bac spray smells really nice so there was Method liquid soap and I bought it.

I did go to Costco and buy loo rolls but I was on my last 9 pack from my previous Costco bulk buy so it isn't actually stockpiling.

I do want to stockpile paracetamol though but keep forgetting. I might go on a painkiller mission tomorrow.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I don't know if this is connected, but with the No Deal scenario, bog roll was always cited as an issue because retailers/wholesalers etc can't keep stock of it in large quantities because it's so bulky and low value, so it's one of the first things to run out. It can't just be that it runs out at retail quickly, there is certainly panic buying on it too, and god knows why, but it's probably a factor.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents