The 'is this ok?' thread

Disco

Re: The 'is this ok?' thread

Post by Disco »

Oh for god's sake Goat. How utterly ridiculous. I'm SICK of all these selfish twats.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I know! I just went to tell him that he could meet him in the park and I'd put a care package together for him and he said he doesn't want to see him now because he's annoying him too much. :lol:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Disco

Post by Disco »

:lol: HA.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:58 am I am going for a run with a friend later but as she always prefers to run a bit behind whoever she’s with it should be fine.
I may be out of step with the concensus here, but I would say it's not ok. If you're running, you're going to be breathing harder than usual and droplets will stay airborne for a while* (edited) before they land. So, unless your friend is running quite a distance behind you and not directly in your 'wake', she's going to be inhaling air that you've just exhaled. No?
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I’m so cross with my husband who still isn’t taking this seriously. He went cycling with his friends, fine, but now they’re sitting in our cellar drinking beer because I won’t let them in the house - I’ve got symptoms. Missing the fucking point, much?
rosy

Post by rosy »

Do these eejits (sorry to describe loved ones as eejits) not watch the news from Italy? Or Iran? We're heading for a total lockdown if people don't voluntarily comply.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

It's Italy all over again, isn't it, Squizz?

How are you?
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Squirrel wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:30 pm I’m so cross with my husband who still isn’t taking this seriously. He went cycling with his friends, fine, but now they’re sitting in our cellar drinking beer because I won’t let them in the house - I’ve got symptoms. Missing the fucking point, much?
Fucking hell, what’s he thinking?
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

overthehill wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:35 pmHow are you?
Absolutely fine thank you. I’m wheezing and I’m 99% sure that a friend I saw last week has it, so I firmly believe that I need to behave as if I’ve got CV. But because I am not “ill” he’s not taking it seriously.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Oh honestly, Squirrel! What an idiot.

Do these morons think they are invincible?!
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Squirrel wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:40 pm
overthehill wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:35 pmHow are you?
I firmly believe that I need to behave as if I’ve got CV.
We all need to behave as if we have CV, regardless of symptoms. Your husband is a twat. Sorry.
Disco

Post by Disco »

God Squizz, this is the stressful bit that I can't stand. Other people. One's own people.

I feel grateful to Monk's dad at the moment. I texted him earlier to say that I feel extremely worried and concerned about Monk going with him next weekend. I thought he might imply I'm being unreasonable but he has said let's play it by ear, he hasn't got symptoms, hasn't been going out with others and "won't insist if you are that concerned".
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Mine have gone with dickhead and I’m worried Dic. I would have preferred to keep them here and I’m quite scared he might try and keep them to spite me. Both the children were worried too but still opted to go.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

overthehill wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:21 pm
Texaco Shirley wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:58 am I am going for a run with a friend later but as she always prefers to run a bit behind whoever she’s with it should be fine.
I may be out of step with the concensus here, but I would say it's not ok. If you're running, you're going to be breathing harder than usual and droplets will stay airborne for a while* (edited) before they land. So, unless your friend is running quite a distance behind you and not directly in your 'wake', she's going to be inhaling air that you've just exhaled. No?
They said over here that only nebulised liquids can rest airborne for longer than it'd take a raindrop to fall. So only eg. dentists are in situations where the virus could actually just be in the air.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

olive wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:42 pm Do these morons think they are invincible?!
This is exactly it. Invincible white men of course. He was with his best friend, whose dad is in his 70s and has a history of poor health. Yet here is his son, drinking beer with my husband. They just don’t feel it’s real, do they?! This is all someone else’s problem.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

:fish:
ParisGal wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:55 pm
overthehill wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:21 pm
They said over here that only nebulised liquids can rest airborne for longer than it'd take a raindrop to fall. So only eg. dentists are in situations where the virus could actually just be in the air.
She finished a full 2 minutes behind me, she’s not running along at my shoulder.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh Kleio, I feel for you. I get on very well with M's dad and even still I was concerned he might try to insist he needs to see him. I hope that dickhead doesn't try to keep them.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Where did that fish come from?
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

How would they feel if you demanded they go home Squiz?
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

They’ve gone now.
Texaco Shirley wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:58 pm Where did that fish come from?
:lol: