Feeding TMT

Little My

Re: Are you stockpiling?

Post by Little My »

Luna wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:53 pm But unless you are using bog roll as something to blow your nose with, you could bypass it and just get in the shower after a poo 💩 in desperate need, surely?
The family cloth. :mischief:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Lots of lovely hand sanitiser is doing wonders for cutting back on plastic, obvs.

It's all madness, I'm convinced of it.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

I don’t understand the sanitiser thing, yes in hospitals etc but did no one wash there hands and have soap in before?!
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I have stocked up a bit as we do have a tendency to shop from day to day which doesn't seem that sensible at the moment. I also just got a new fridge freezer so had run down my frozen stuff. The freezer is now full and I've got loads of rice and pasta from Brexit and stocked up on my tins.

The only thing I've got a bit anxious about is paracetamol as from what I can make out if we do all get ill it's the only thing that we'll be able to take. Anyway I can't get any anywhere.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

If you work in a shared space, use public transport, go to the supermarket etc...basically anywhere where other people will have touched things, and may have left droplets on surfaces, then hand sanitiser makes sense. You can't always get to a sink, and all of us touch our faces unconsciously.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

With sanitiser I think people are getting mega twitchy on public transport etc, especially with the fact about the virus living longest on metal objects. Someone tweeted the other day “Realising basically all I do is touch my face” and it’s so true, I suddenly notice how often I do it and I also didn’t realise I had my hands on a metal pole thing in the lift in Next the other day until I saw C (a hand sanitiser evangelist/arsehole long before this started) rubbing his hands with his own private stash.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:57 pm If you work in a shared space, use public transport, go to the supermarket etc...basically anywhere where other people will have touched things, and may have left droplets on surfaces, then hand sanitiser makes sense. You can't always get to a sink, and all of us touch our faces unconsciously.
Agreed, and sorry, but I’ve always had some in my bag and some in my locker at work. Other people are disgusting, and you can’t always wash your hands when you want to.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Bean I started buying paracetamol every shopping trip for months last year as I kept putting it in different safe places and then fucking losing it, and now I have millions. I will do you a special, one time only deal on a few packets and one of our surplus hand gel bottles if you can find a nice duffel coat and jar of marmalade for Storm’s journey up? :yes:
rosy

Post by rosy »

Luna wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:53 pm But unless you are using bog roll as something to blow your nose with, you could bypass it and just get in the shower after a poo 💩 in desperate need, surely?
My hairdresser this morning, in all seriousness, said she was going to instruct her partner to install a bidet to obviate the need for bog roll if it gets in short supply.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Leap wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:09 pm Bean I started buying paracetamol every shopping trip for months last year as I kept putting it in different safe places and then fucking losing it, and now I have millions. I will do you a special, one time only deal on a few packets and one of our surplus hand gel bottles if you can find a nice duffel coat and jar of marmalade for Storm’s journey up? :yes:
:lg:
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Although seriously he would look super cute in a duffel coat. :love:
smalex

Post by smalex »

You lot buy a lot of paracetamol. I'm all about the ibuprofen. I choke on paracetamol
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I've just worked out (I think, anyway) that I'm allergic to paracetamol. :lg: I hope it isn't the only thing that we can take. GOODBYE WORLD.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I've not stockpiled anything, and didn't for Brexit either. I very much agree about the panic buying being morally reprehensible.

I've never used hand sanitizer normally, and don't feel the need to start now. I'm not sure if I'm being overly relaxed about this or if everyone else is going OTT. Maybe I'd feel differently if I was still commuting, but I doubt it.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Little My

Post by Little My »

smalex wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:48 pm You lot buy a lot of paracetamol. I'm all about the ibuprofen. I choke on paracetamol
Me too!!
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I’ve always used hand sanitiser for reasons Ella shared and keep a small one along with a small pack of anti bac wipes in every bag. People are fucking grim.
Kenickie wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:31 am I've never used hand sanitizer normally, and don't feel the need to start now. I'm not sure if I'm being overly relaxed about this or if everyone else is going OTT. Maybe I'd feel differently if I was still commuting, but I doubt it.
Buy a small one for the changing bag. You don’t want to get caught doing a nappy change and not having anywhere to wash your hands afterwards like in a park or boot of your car just as you’re leaving somewhere.

Plus I’m always slapping it on the boys as they pick up the grimmest shit covered stuff they can find when we’re out for a walk.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I did my groceries today at Aldi. There was no loo roll or hand sanitiser. I have both so am ok at the mo. I got everything I needed though. And chucked extras in of pasta, tinned tomatoes, paracetamol/ibuprofen and bread for the freezer. I’m planning on stockpiling more paracetamol/ibuprofen as if we get sick I’m sure we will get through it.

I’m going to buy another big bag of dog food tomorrow too.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

smalex wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:48 pm You lot buy a lot of paracetamol. I'm all about the ibuprofen. I choke on paracetamol
It was only when somebody mentioned it here that I put two and two together and realised that if I take ibuprofen too often it gives me stabbing stomach pains. I used to take it more.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I've got a huge bottle of hand sanitiser and I always do. I work in a school and children - even older ones - are revolting super-spreaders. I once made my entire Year 7 class sanitise themselves. :lol:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Also, there were virtually no delivery slots available this weekend for Sainsbury's. It was seriously like getting a Christmas delivery slot. Wtf? Is it people avoiding supermarkets or is it people stocking up?