What I'm not saying out loud in 2021 (IWLTS)

Luna

Re: What I'm not saying out loud in 2021 (IWLTS)

Post by Luna »

She’s outside again! :)) different dressing gown though.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Aww, she's dressed up for the occasion :love:
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Can we not start this please?

I've had 3 requests in the last month for my work team (8 people) for gift collections. One person had covid, another has a big birthday and one is leaving. It's such a small team that if you don't contribute it's noticeable, embarrassing to contribute less than everyone else, I genuinely like the people and want to contribute but I am on a tight budget and will feel it.
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

For those working from home, thank you for making use of the reduced travel time to support demand.
:ella:
Last edited by Dáire on Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

"Thank you for giving us your work for nothing"
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

Like hell anyone's working their commute time for free.
Last edited by Dáire on Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Dáire wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:05 pm Like hell anyone's working their commute time for free.

They are, as you can tell, very anti-WFH unless absolutely forced (like now), and over summer/autumn 'encouraged' everyone to go in. Very few did. We were told it was 'a privilege' and if too many 'took advantage' it would 'spoil it for everyone'.
I suppose they could mean travelling time during the working day? We have more time because we are not going on home visits. However it's harder and takes longer to do our job without seeing our clients so swings and roundabouts.

Fuck working over my contracted hours though. If anyone is doing that, they should stop asap.
Malan
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I don't understand the commute resentment. It's not like people get paid from the minute they leave the house. If people choose to live miles from where they work it will obviously add to the length of their day, but they don't get paid more. Expecting people to work through what would have been their commute is like cutting the pay of those who live walking distance from the office.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

IWLTS: Are you trying to goad or cause an argument? We don’t care that you are boycotting EU products; your smug emails about it are at the very most generous best, tone deaf. Either read the room or stop trying to cause trouble.

To my Dad. He won and I wish to fuck that he would get over it :ella: My brother is absolutely livid about the emails and I have had to talk him down quite hard.
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

Marth wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:11 pm
Dáire wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:05 pm Like hell anyone's working their commute time for free.

They are, as you can tell, very anti-WFH unless absolutely forced (like now), and over summer/autumn 'encouraged' everyone to go in. Very few did. We were told it was 'a privilege' and if too many 'took advantage' it would 'spoil it for everyone'.
I suppose they could mean travelling time during the working day? We have more time because we are not going on home visits. However it's harder and takes longer to do our job without seeing our clients so swings and roundabouts.

Fuck working over my contracted hours though. If anyone is doing that, they should stop asap.
Nah, we're all just office folk, no one travels mid-day. We had a large zoom meeting just before Xmas and someone was online boasting that they were working through their annual leave, and the bosses praised him and held him up as an example we should aspire to.
Last edited by Dáire on Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

Morganna wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:52 pm I don't understand the commute resentment. It's not like people get paid from the minute they leave the house. If people choose to live miles from where they work it will obviously add to the length of their day, but they don't get paid more. Expecting people to work through what would have been their commute is like cutting the pay of those who live walking distance from the office.
No overtime will be paid, it's not something we do. They just expect people to 'give more'.

Pity if someone lives just over the road they'll have to do Presenteeism until 7pm to compete with Bob who commutes in from Leeds.

(In reality no one's paying a blind bit of notice and the only people who would have done this are the arsekissers.)
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

No, I am agreeing with you that it is nonsense :)).
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Edith Bacon wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:56 pm IWLTS: Are you trying to goad or cause an argument? We don’t care that you are boycotting EU products; your smug emails about it are at the very most generous best, tone deaf. Either read the room or stop trying to cause trouble.

To my Dad. He won and I wish to fuck that he would get over it :ella: My brother is absolutely livid about the emails and I have had to talk him down quite hard.
Bugger me, can you say that?

That's shit, Daire. Absolutely shit. Bob doesn't have to commute from Leeds. More fool him if he does!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

I've gained 3 hours a day by WFH. To be honest I do tend to work during the "commute" time but that is because I don't have to cram in everything in a stressful day before running for the train. I do switch my work phone off even if I stay working at the computer.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Come on Henry! Please rally :cry:
Luna

Post by Luna »

He rallied!

(Lovely Weimaraner)
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Yay!
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Regarding going out in PJs or dressing gowns, everyone does it on my estate. It's unusual to see someone in the wee shop in actual clothes. :lol:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Yeah it's not unusual here either. I have met a neighbour in Aldi (ten mins drive away), with her pyjamas on under a coat.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I would never never go out in pyjamas. I used to drive Paul to work in them sometimes as he started at 6am and couldn't drive at the time but I always used to be terrified of the car breaking down.