Roast Idiot

Turtle Bean

Roast Idiot

Post by Turtle Bean »

This thread title is too good not to recycle.

I roasted my idiot and served him up with gravy because he is tight about the heating and keeps turning it off. Then I have to get up at 6am and take a shower in an Arctic bathroom. He turned it off 'by accident' apparently. :woteva:
cluefree

Re: Roast Idiot

Post by cluefree »

I love this thread title. :love:

Can you make a nice fire with his leafblower and keep warm that way?
Bastian

Post by Bastian »

I have the opposite complaint in that mine turned it on ahead of the timer because he got in early yesterday which I didn't know about, did not turn it off or put it back on timer before bed and so it was on all night and this morning I had to put make up on a face that was sweating like armpits out of off of those Lynx adverts.
la Fée Verte

Post by la Fée Verte »

Oof. Mr Fee got up early this morning, before me, and put the heating on so I was DYING in bed under the duvet and even when I got up and was just in jimjams I was roasting. :lg:
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I feel your pain Bean. My heating is on timer and set to a particular temp which he keeps adjusting by turning the thermostat down to 5 or 10.

He's also roasted for tea tonight as I'm in bed and can hear him rattling about in the fridge for five mins he then sticks his head around the bedroom door "you didn't buy butter we've run out" he says huffily. "top left in fridge staring right at you".

"oh"
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Bastian

Post by Bastian »

I really hate being overheated. Being overheated and trying to get ready, and making beds and things makes me furious. MrB had his bottom lip out because I was so cross.
Moody Blue

Post by Moody Blue »

Oof. Roast him on 220 for 4 hours, Teabs. Mr. Blue and I discussed heating a few months ago :grump: he would switch it off off at night and not switch it on low. We work shifts, so getting up at 3:00am for a shower in Baltic temperatures is not on. I always leave mine on low, so 17/18 24hours a day then boost for an hour when it gets cold. I was told no, it's off. No point yada yada yada. Until he returned to work from a mixture of leave and sickness and was getting up at silly o'clock for a shower. The conversation went like this:

Mr: oh, by the way. You've won?
Me: I've won? What do you mean?
Mr: you've won. About the heating and leaving it on low. It was freezing in the shower this morning.
Me: you mean I was right? :))
Mr: no. Just that you've won.
Moody Blue

Post by Moody Blue »

Cross posting: being overheated is worse than being to cold, Bast :yes:
Bastian

Post by Bastian »

It is when you have Woman Of A Certain Age tendencies like me, and your bras are like girdles which require a hella lot of wiggling about to try and get in to requisite boulder holder position.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Which is better, winning or being right? :))

I never thought about heating logistics on shifts. It's very unpleasant having the heating on at night.
Miscuits

Post by Miscuits »

7 Day timers win with shift workers I find.

Mr is at home all day, so our heating is zoned. I keep coming home and opening the front door to a waft of hot air, then I go through to his room and he's sat with the windows open because he's too hot and he left it too late to turn the thermostat down. His excuse was not being able to use the thermostat properly, so to add to the £10 notes flying out the window I have bought him a new thermostat with a BIG display and BIG buttons.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Mr Goat and I are having silent boiler wars now we actually own a thermostat and I keep finding that the temperature for the evening timer has been quietly moved down to 18, so I quietly move it back up to 19, and neither of us has mentioned a thing about it. Also he changed the time it comes on from 5.30 (when it starts to get cold) to 6.30 (ie just before he gets home) which will also need to be silently changed. Then I will hide the instructions as there's no way he will have retained how to operate it.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Thank fuck B and I agree that cool and an extra jumper beats over~heated any day, and that heating shouldn't be on overnight. I can see how disagreement on this issue would cause much disharmony.
I lent my flat to a friend for a few days over new year whilst I was away, who is famously chilly and was very amused to see that she'd turned the central thermostat up from 17 to 25. Her poor boyfriend ~ not a chilly mortal ~ must have felt like a lobster :)
Moody Blue

Post by Moody Blue »

nineseven wrote:Which is better, winning or being right? :))

I never thought about heating logistics on shifts. It's very unpleasant having the heating on at night.
Being right :))

Timers don't really work for us, Miscuits, as we did 6 on 3 off and would start the block on a late shift, gradually getting earlier. For example, starting at 15:00, 14:00' 13:00, 6:00, 5:00, 4:30 was a typical week. So we would need a 9 day timer. Leaving the heating on 17-18 degrees constantly means its never hot, but comfortable in the morning at silly o'clock. Tbh, our heating is never more than about 21 anyway.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Our new thermostat has an app that can be used to adjust the temperature remotely. So, in theory, J could turn down the heating at home whilst he is out. He wouldn't bloody dare though :))
Miscuits

Post by Miscuits »

I'm with you now Moody. It's been a while since I did shifts and mine were at least several of the same in a row.

Bugles, I was most annoyed that because we zoned our heating I couldn't do it remotely by app. I had to choose between the two and it actually hurt me to be sensible rather than gadgety.
Moody Blue

Post by Moody Blue »

I am now on permanent nights, 4on 4off, so it doesn't really bother me what he does now, as I no longer have to set the alarm for 3:00am :))
Donna Quixote

Post by Donna Quixote »

la Fée Verte wrote: Mr Fee got up early this morning, before me, and put the heating on so I was DYING in bed under the duvet and even when I got up and was just in jimjams I was roasting. :lg:
The Don does this every morning :fee: and I can't even moan about it because he's the one getting up with S.

He also keeps leaving his bathroom sink full of beard hairs. We've been in this flat about 18 months and he's got it so the water takes about three hours to drain out of it. :vomit:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

The beard hairs drive me mental! I don't want to have to clean the sink every day :verm:
Donna Quixote

Post by Donna Quixote »

I don't want to have to clean the sink ever. ;)