Roast Idiot

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Roast Idiot

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Yes! The complete lack of awareness that it’s interesting to no one.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

:dotty: Mine started telling me about different types of electrical wire last night at half ten, when all I wanted was to go to bed.
I wonder do they not pick up on social cues, or do they just completely disregard them?

Wait...does that mean the same thing? I mean, are they completely oblivious, or actually livious but just not giving a shite?
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Elya wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:21 pm I can’t even let myself think of the luxury that used to be Fridays when everyone else fucked off to school or work and left me ON MY OWN!
Yes! My birthday request was one day where I'm not responsible for everyone, which had to be today as P was working on Thursday. He started puking around lunchtime and took to his bed for the rest of the day. I mean, it's obviously not his fault but COME ON :bite:
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

That's totally irresponsible of him Lora, he should have made more of an effort. :alan:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Have I told you all a story my mum told me that has always stuck with me? (Sorry if I’ve told it a million times :uhh:.) Basically, she had three children under 3 (edit: must have been 3 and under) and for her birthday one year, she told my dad that ALL she wanted was a morning to herself. No presents, nothing, just that.

So anyway, he took us all out to the park at about 8 a.m. She heard the front door open TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES later. He was back. Said he didn’t know where to go or what to do with us.

When she told me that about 16 years later, she was almost shaking with fury.
Last edited by Ella77 on Sat May 23, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Bloody typical.
mischief

Post by mischief »

My mum left us with my dad once as it was snowing and she had to go shopping. When she got back he was eating toast but hadn't fed my two sisters and me. We were all aged under 4
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My dad used to take us on long bike rides for hours and hours when my mum was at work. It was only recently I realised why he did it.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

mischief wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:11 pm My mum left us with my dad once as it was snowing and she had to go shopping. When she got back he was eating toast but hadn't fed my two sisters and me. We were all aged under 4
Jesus! Let me guess. “I didn’t know what to feed them, you didn’t leave me anything”?

:bite:
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

The main story of this article gave me total rage: husband can't manage kids full time for three days. CEO wife ends up winding up her company.

https://www.thelily.com/i-had-to-choose ... workforce/
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Starry

Post by Starry »

Rebs I read that earlier and my jaw dropped. He’s faffing around at home “considering his options” and can’t cope for three days. So she SHUT DOWN her company, and now they’re living off savings. What an arsehole.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

(Hannaford’s husband declined to comment for this story.)
I bet. I am aghast. What a complete wet lettuce. I hope she leaves him.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Ella77 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:01 pm Have I told you all a story my mum told me that has always stuck with me? (Sorry if I’ve told it a million times :uhh:.) Basically, she had three children under 3 (edit: must have been 3 and under) and for her birthday one year, she told my dad that ALL she wanted was a morning to herself. No presents, nothing, just that.

So anyway, he took us all out to the park at about 8 a.m. She heard the front door open TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES later. He was back. Said he didn’t know where to go or what to do with us.

When she told me that about 16 years later, she was almost shaking with fury.
Your poor mum, and she didn't even ask for a whole day, just a morning. It reminds me of a friend of mine who asked for her birthday that they get a cleaner in to do a deep clean. He decided he could save money by doing it himself. For this to be possible she had to keep the children out of the way for a full day to let him do it.

I sometimes struggle with solo parenting and work during lockdown but I honestly think it must be harder with a partner. Maybe that says a lot about my previous relationships but I'm sure it's true for a lot of people even if they love the person they are locked down with.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Your poor Mum Ella.

When I had a partner all I wanted was a cup of tea and a magazine in bed. On the odd occasion it did happen it wasn’t worth it as I had to do lots of making up for it.

I keep escaping to the car when I need 5 minutes to myself. If I try to disappear upstairs they all follow me.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Starry wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:47 pm Rebs I read that earlier and my jaw dropped. He’s faffing around at home “considering his options” and can’t cope for three days. So she SHUT DOWN her company, and now they’re living off savings. What an arsehole.
I’m almost angrier with her for allowing it.

Heebie, FFS! That made me so angry to read.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Ella77 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:17 am
Starry wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:47 pm Rebs I read that earlier and my jaw dropped. He’s faffing around at home “considering his options” and can’t cope for three days. So she SHUT DOWN her company, and now they’re living off savings. What an arsehole.
I’m almost angrier with her for allowing it.
Me too - I know it's easy to say :blah: but she's lost her career and other people have lost their jobs because she didn't smack him around the head with a wet fish.

I really really wish there were comments allowed on that article so we could all tell him what we think. Interestingly when I read the article last night it gave their surname; now it says they can't use that as she and he are getting threats. I'd bloody threaten him.

Bruv and SIL are both working full time and looking after niece. It's very hard for them but it's not occurred to either of them that one's job is more important than the other.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

The water heating in our house is pretty poor and if you are in the shower and someone runs the hot tap in the kitchen it puts the washing machine/dishwasher on then it turns the shower freezing cold. It’s been like that for years and there is almost a Pavlovian response that someone else in the house always feels the need to run the hot water when I’m in there. Earlier I did some spin and then was on my way to the shower when I decided instead to stay in the kitchen and chat to Mr C/help as he prepared dinner for him and the boys. When their dinner was ready I said I was off to have a shower while they had dinner. 10 mins later I’m in the shower rinsing my hair when it goes stone cold and I have to evacuate. Mr C then comes upstairs and professes he never knew I was going to have a shower and now he’s gone off in a strop because I yelled at him for washing the pans up. :verm:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Argh!

I want to tear mine’s fingers off his hand one by one because I asked him to DICE an onion and all the bits were half sliced, half diced. I ranted for a full 15 minutes.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:38 pm Argh!

I want to tear mine’s fingers off his hand one by one because I asked him to DICE an onion and all the bits were half sliced, half diced. I ranted for a full 15 minutes.
I just had a rant that included being literally hopping mad :verm: Or jumping mad technically, as both feet left the floor simultaneously.

I wasn't sure if this was better in the IWLTS because we're past the point where this is going to change. I just want to shout in someone's face ("someone") that I am so sick of being the Master of Time in this house, and not even an acknowledged and appreciated Master, just a bell tolling idiot who is ignored :verm:

We had family over at the weekend and we agreed to have them come between 2 and 3 pm. He then heard/saw me say this to family via phone calls and whatsapp groups of which he is a part. Come Saturday, we had All The Things to do and I was also making sure Hop was on her schedule, another thing we 100% discuss and agree upon. Around 1 pm I mentioned how I had noticed it was already 1 pm and we still had X, Y, Z things to do including him showering and getting ready and he also acknowledged this but continued doing the tasks he deemed essential which I would summarise as: dicking about in the garden.

At 2 pm I put my head out to check wtf he was still doing out there and he looked at me in surprise and said "What's the time?" (He wears a watch). Followed by, "oh shit it's 2 o'clock!" and then "What time did we say to everyone to come? 3 pm?" and finally "How will I have time to shower now?" SCREAM.

I absolutely do not enable this in him, he is engaged from the start but it's just a luxury that he gets to forget all about it and know I'm running things in the background. And so of course he was then showering etc when people arrived, and THEN the first thing everyone said to him when he did appear was how lovely the garden looked :verm: