Roast Idiot

Cosmopolitan

Re: Roast Idiot

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Omg. You are so right and I entirely understand and agree with everything you said. I am sick of managing other people's time
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Cosmopolitan wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:30 pm Omg. You are so right and I entirely understand and agree with everything you said. I am sick of managing other people's time
Yep. I am the manager here too, and it's wearying. J dashed out earlier to pick up A, shouting "why didn't anyone tell me the time????"' There was only me and him here, and I was working upstairs. :ella:

Anyway, I'm also going to kill him because I caught him earlier cleaning the kitchen worktops, then opening the dishwasher and sweeping the crumbs from the worktop in there. WTAF? The bin is right beside the dishwasher. :mad:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

It INFURIATES me when mine is in the shower when people arrive (by virtue of us living here, 95% of the time it's either his family, his friends, or mutual friends), leaving me to do the welcoming, taking coats, providing of drinks etc. etc. whilst also being responsible for managing and producing 90% of the food. He's got better recently (obvs. pre-COVID) though.

Once, years ago he decided he HAD to drive to the supermarket before his family arrived, meaning he didn't get back until at least 10 minutes after they arrived. We were out of sugar cubes, but still had white and brown sugar in.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Organising what needs to be done is left to me but mine is like a screeching town fucking crier ‘People will be here in 6 hours! Have you started the cook the food that takes an hour to make yet?! There’s 5 hours to go shall we start the salad?’ :ruby:

I’m possibly being a bit irrational about this but Mr O is getting right on my tits. :look:

I started doing PE with Joe Wicks with the boys most mornings as a way to get them moving and he decided it looked good and joined in. He uses weights alongside so was quite impressed that it’s actually a decent workout.

The rest of us are now a bit bored of doing JW PE every morning so are mixing things up a bit and doing it 2/3 times a week.

He, however, is still doing PE with Joe. :woteva: There are LOADS of actual adult exercises on YouTube he can follow instead yet he still twats about doing spidey lunges or jumping up and down like a frog. :mog:

He gets really defensive when I point it out to him as well so he tries to make the rest of us do it with him. I know he doesn’t cope well with change but this is ridiculous!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

:lol: olive!
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

PG :ella: I really hate it too. If I’m expecting guests by myself, fine, but if we’re both here then there are usually more people coming, more small talk, more drinks to pour and flowers to receive and coats to take etc etc and I hate doing it by myself when I’m not expecting to. And yes, C also spontaneously suggests he go to the shop 5 minutes before people are due to arrive.

The other thing that drives me mad is that when I do reluctantly take on the role of manager when something is important to me and add the simpleton’s guide to stuff, like eg above I might on another day have said “It’s 1 pm already and remember we told them to arrive between 2 and 3”, he has the audacity to roll his eyes at me and tell me he knows that and he’s not an idiot :verm: If he was at least gracious enough to accept the help I might actually take on the role full time, but I’m not doing it AND getting no thanks.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

olive :lol: I would say leave him to it but I 100% would not be able to leave that one alone either :lol: Spidey lunges!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I love it so much.

I’m not feeling very well today, so of course guess who’s now “coming down with” something.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Olive, that has made me laugh so much. Spidey lunges. :mog:

Leap, I know exactly how all of that feels. Mr Is is slightly better then he used to be but will always prioritise stupid jobs over actual important things and then gets loads of credit 'isn't the garden lovely' etc where as me slaving over the housework gets ignored.

Ella, kill him dead. He'll feel better then.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Don’t cook all year, but there they are, standing over the barbecue that one time, receiving the compliments.

He’s well enough to drink wine :shoe:.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Oh, olive, that made me howl!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Mr O as a JW fan boy is brill. :lol:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I’m glad you all think he’s ridiculous too. :))
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I keep thinking about it and laughing. :))
Disco

Post by Disco »

I've never even seen a JW workout but I think I can imagine what a spidey lunge must look like. Dearie me :lol:

I've only seen him talking about Wensleydale cheese :mog: :mog: has anyone else seen that/ heard him say it?

Hope you feel better soon, Ella. It's not your meningitis flaring up again, is it?
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Disco wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:53 pm I've never even seen a JW workout but I think I can imagine what a spidey lunge must look like. Dearie me :lol:

I've only seen him talking about Wensleydale cheese :mog: :mog: has anyone else seen that/ heard him say it?
I've heard his cheese chat! :mog: really funny.
Malan
Disco

Post by Disco »

Wensleydarlay :mog:
Starry

Post by Starry »

I mean, JW has actual adult workouts on the same YouTube channel :lol:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Disco wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:12 pm Wensleydarlay :mog:
I just listened to this! :lol:
Starry wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:46 pm I mean, JW has actual adult workouts on the same YouTube channel :lol:
I know! I finally shame nagged him into doing the adult version. He’s adamant it wasn’t that different to PE despite being red in the face and unable to breathe at the end. :woteva:
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I love how they* double down when you dare to suggest they* might be wrong. :lol:

* #notallmen - but most of them. ;)