Roast Idiot

Zoomer

Re: Roast Idiot

Post by Zoomer »

FiveO'Clock wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:03 pm They were doing a round of questions and R is in the background trying to answer them loudly like it's a pub quiz. :duh:
Five! :lol:

A friend of mine shouted exasperatedly at her FIL, "It's a vagina, not a metal detector!" when he asked her once too often where something was. :lol:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

:mog:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Little My

Post by Little My »

I would never fucking know where my iPhone charger is, because every other person in this house takes it because they don't know where their own chargers are! :fee:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Little My wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:00 pm I would never fucking know where my iPhone charger is, because every other person in this house takes it because they don't know where their own chargers are! :fee:
Yes! This drives me insane.

And, I have a space in the kitchen (where I basically live) where I plug in my devices. Quite often I can’t plug them in or use the space for anything else because some other fucker has put their stuff there. Get your own fucking charger and put your shit out of my bloody way! We have a whole house with a variety of rooms and sockets to choose from!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Cerise & Zoomer, those are amazingly good.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Mine is heading for a serious roasting.

I know I've posted before about losing confidence in everything, but even I'm pretty sure that this is roastworthy. To start with a small example, I have Sainsbury's delivering later, and there was a large box in the area of the hall (between the front door and the hall itself) where the food will go when the delivery arrives. So, I went to check if any post had been delivered and moved the box into the main hall. I left the inner door ajar, as my hands were full of box, and forgot/didn't bother to go back and close it. It is not cold, and there are no draughts.

Within a minute, Mr M was there, closing the door. I asked what he was doing, and he looked pained, and basically accused me of interrogating him. All good-natured (and also petty, I know), but why not ask why I'd opened it, or if I needed it to be kept open for some reason? It's the same if I put something on the bench in the kitchen - he moves it somewhere else. Or what seems like a million other little things, too small to be a big deal on their own, but it is getting to me.

He went across to the Lakes yesterday to air the lodge and see if anything needed doing before we go over to stay at some point (it's been empty for months because of lockdown). He rang me to ask if there was anything I wanted him to bring back, and I said to bring the towels, and reminded him that there are spares in the bedroom as well as the obvious ones and to bring those too, so they could be washed and returned. He decided that there was no point, as the 'spare' ones hadn't been used, weren't damp and didn't smell. Fair enough - he was there and better able to make that judgement, but why ask if he was going to over-rule me?

I have told him how I feel, but I honestly don't think he knows he's doing it, or that he does it on purpose. It's bugging me though, and it's bugging him that I seem to be always telling him not to do it, when he doesn't know what he's doing. I'm not making excuses for him - I don't think he sees what I see, which is that I feel negated and micro-managed. He sees me as challenging his every move, which I am doing, but . . .
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Argh, I can relate to that, I think. Mine has increasingly started to act as though he gets the final say on everything (which... have we met?). It's just trivial stuff, but it's all the time. Like recently I asked him to move out of the way of the washing machine so I could put something in it, and rather than just moving, he quizzed me on what it was first. In my own house I can put anything I fucking like in the washing machine, pal :flo:.

It's such a small point, but like you, it's all the time. I think it's a function of getting more and more set in his ways as he gets older.
Lola

Post by Lola »

Mine is like this. He can’t just do what I ask, he’s always got to question it first :verm:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Oh, I'm pleased it's not just me. Well, I'm not wishing it on you two, but you know what I mean.
Lola

Post by Lola »

Solidarity :))
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Yep, same. MrD is basically OCD and it feels like he follows me around redoing / questioning everything I do. If I open or close the blinds, he comes along and adjusts them. If I crush something and put it in the recycling he always redoes it and piles it in with the cardboard slightly differently. There is nothing wrong with the way I did either / any of these things, except it isn’t up to his standards. :ella:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

You too, Dande. Why do they think they have the final say, FFS? If I put the airer away, he adjusts how it's placed immediately afterwards. It drives me mad.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I hate mine too. He knew I hadn’t slept so let me sleep in, but he also made himself a nice breakfast and nothing for me, when I’ve made his (and dinner, and cleared away) every single day this week.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

I bet he was praying you didn’t wake up before he had quietly finished cooking, Pip. :lol: They are all infuriating.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Oh god, D can be like this too. And not understanding questions if I haven’t worded them exactly right :verm:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Pip, stop cooking for him, he never fucking reciprocates :bite:.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Why does he think this is OK? It's not like it's a surprise that you're there for meals.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:28 pm I hate mine too. He knew I hadn’t slept so let me sleep in, but he also made himself a nice breakfast and nothing for me, when I’ve made his (and dinner, and cleared away) every single day this week.
Woah, not fucking ok. Sounds like he’s having a lovely holiday so far. :lg:
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I'm sorry, Pip, I'd be pretty hurt by that.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I agree with Baa. That's really not on.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.