Roast Idiot

Starry

Re: Roast Idiot

Post by Starry »

I deny being asleep, but only because I genuinely believe it. I would never deny the snoring though. That's just too obvious.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Hmm, this is related to the 'I hardly slept a wink last night' thing. Really? Who was it snoring like a pig and keeping me awake then? Hmm?
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Starry wrote:I deny being asleep, but only because I genuinely believe it. I would never deny the snoring though. That's just too obvious.
:verm:
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Turtle Bean wrote:Hmm, this is related to the 'I hardly slept a wink last night' thing. Really? Who was it snoring like a pig and keeping me awake then? Hmm?
I hear you. Apparantly M has never had a good nights sleep since c1965. :ella:
Korill

Post by Korill »

Oooh, we're having this fight RIGHT NOW. G is sitting on the sofa with Charlie, snuggling and watching tv. But, he's falling asleep and snoring so she's getting restless. I've just said, twice, "you're snoring on her," and he keeps saying, "No, I'm awake."

Oh, look. She's just fucked off because who likes being snored on? Fucking great, I was enjoying the break.

DICK.
Vermilingua

Post by Vermilingua »

nineseven wrote:Do you really think you're awake?
Yeah, generally.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Rargh. This is like MrD in bed the other night.

"Why do you keep kicking me?"
"Because you're snoring!"
"I wasn't, I haven't even been to sleep yet!

:verm:
Starry

Post by Starry »

I didn't say it wasn't annoying, Morgs, I am fully aware how rage inducing it is. It comes from being sent to bed as soon as I started to fall asleep when I was a kid. Deny it as long as possible, that's stayed with me.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

S is horrific for that too. I record his snoring on the phone - with unflattering video - and then batter him awake while playing it back to him.
Lucy666

Post by Lucy666 »

T is another one who does this. God. He does it in bed too, when I tell him to stop snoring. He gets in a proper Mars, denying he was even asleep, let alone snoring. As though he cannot believe my audacity at saying he was snoring and asleep in bed, at night.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Starry wrote:I didn't say it wasn't annoying, Morgs, I am fully aware how rage inducing it is. It comes from being sent to bed as soon as I started to fall asleep when I was a kid. Deny it as long as possible, that's stayed with me.
You were lucky. :)) I was sent to bed at a fixed time - sleepy or not.
Karkadan

Post by Karkadan »

I keep having to have words with him about stacking the dishes. He rarely does it, but if there is any food left on the plates, he just stacks them as usual. So I don't discover this until I have put them into water and it is suddenly full of bits of food. He also leaves cups in the 'to be washed up pile' with water in that soaks me when I go to pick up what I think is an empty cup.
Starry

Post by Starry »

nineseven wrote:
You were lucky. :)) I was sent to bed at a fixed time - sleepy or not.
Oh I did too but any sign of weakness prior to that time meant early to bed. Hence the emphatic denial.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I think they are still asleep when they are denying it. I got wakened by EM's phone going off last night because he has stupid email alerts on.

Me: can you turn that off please
Him: mmfffm
Me: TURN YOUR PHONE OFF
him: ok
10 second pause
Me: are you going to turn that off?
Him: yes
Me: give me your eyeballs

I don't think he had a clue.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Has he still not learned to turn it off at night, Heebie? I'd have bashed his face in ages ago.

Mine can do a weird snoring while sitting up thing, while claiming to be awake. It's like a kind of screensaver mode.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Oh lord I think I do that too. Screensaver mode though! :lol:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I have a freelancer who has a chronic sinus problem (I'm guessing) and he snores all afternoon at work, awake. It's astonishing. And he has a girlfriend!
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Ella77 wrote:Has he still not learned to turn it off at night, Heebie? I'd have bashed his face in ages ago.
I know! I'm going to end up dropping it in a glass of water.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I am actually going to kill J for the snoring thing. Really for snoring in general as I've had about 3 hours sleep because of his noise. Then he had the cheek to complain I kicked him twice during the night :verm:
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

I am going to roast my idiot as we have set up a new joint bank account. Over the weekend I sorted all my part of it out, and told him numerous times that he needed to put some money into it so I could go shopping today. "Oh it's really easy, one little click" he says, yada yada yada.
So guess how much money there is currently in the account?