Roast Idiot

Duophonic

Re: Roast Idiot

Post by Duophonic »

It's the whole 2nd order consequence thing, isn't it?

I constantly think about consequences, who'll be affected, what will happen if I choose x rather than y. Men don't seem to have that inbuilt sensibility, I suppose the luxury of not ever having to consider your environment and who happens to be in it.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Little My

Post by Little My »

Yes, that's exactly it, Duo.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Straight in the wash (basket for someone else to deal with).
Little My

Post by Little My »

I was just clearing out the fridge and found my idiot had put leftover uncooked chicken in a ziplock. I have no idea when it goes out of date, and he isn't here to check with. May as well have saved the baggy and threw it straight into the bin if he couldn't think to write the BB date on it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Turn out my idiot left a basket of damp washing in the utility room after the tumble dryer broke and at no point thought to hang it out (since Sunday) or mention it was wet when I specifically asked about it. :lg:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Mine has spoilt the top of the sideboard in the caravan by leaving a salt lamp on top of it when he came over to close the place down. I usually move it to the sink as it melts, or whatever you call it when the temperature falls - dissolves? Anyway, there has been a pool of salt water on the top of the sideboard for months, and there is now a swollen stain. I've gone to town on it with hot water and vinegar, and rubbed in loads of furniture balsam,and it's improved but you can still see it. I'm going to have to find something to cover it, but to make things worse, the stain is just off centre, so a lamp or something would look odd - not far enough over to look right, and not in the middle of the top, if that makes sense.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I do think we need a "I am an idiot" thread as this week, I've definitely been one.

Betty wants highlights so I picked a salon (I'm currently in between salons after receiving really bad service from mine) and suggested she googled the number and called them for me. She did and I didn't check. We spoke to a lady with a thick Spanish accent and made the appointment for tomorrow morning and she's spent all week getting quite excited.

I couldn't remember the exact time so I went to call them today to double check. No phone number listed on their Facebook. No phone number listed on their website. No phone number anywhere. Just the ability to book online and message them. So who the hell did we call?

I sent a message to the salon and they confirmed no appointment :duh: but they could squeeze her in. I've since checked her call log and can't find a telephone number she called so I suspect she used the landline and I've just forgotten. So someone, somewhere is expecting her to attend an appointment tomorrow for a cut and highlights and we're not turning up.
Starry

Post by Starry »

Mine accidentally chopped down a clematis that covered our drab wall because he thought it was dead. And mangled another one that took three years to flower because instead of stopping and asking advice, he just kept on cutting.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Ouch :cry: That is upsetting.

My complaint is relatively minor, but he keeps leaving piles of his stuff on the dining table. Mail, old boxes, sunglasses, random tools. WHY?
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Little My wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:05 pm My complaint is relatively minor, but he keeps leaving piles of his stuff on the dining table. Mail, old boxes, sunglasses, random tools. WHY?
This is me! :banghead:
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Cerise wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:29 pm
Little My wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:05 pm My complaint is relatively minor, but he keeps leaving piles of his stuff on the dining table. Mail, old boxes, sunglasses, random tools. WHY?
This is me! :banghead:
And me!! The gubbins at the end of the table drives me mad.
Little My

Post by Little My »

I think I may lose my shit today. So_many_things.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

No, I mean it’s ME. I’m the one who has the random piles of stuff everywhere. :lol:
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Cerise wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:16 pm No, I mean it’s ME. I’m the one who has the random piles of stuff everywhere. :lol:
Nooooo!! Not you!
SunnyDad has piles of "stuff" on my lovely monastery table. It drives me mad.
I have stuff piled up but in discreet little corners.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Cerise wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:16 pm No, I mean it’s ME. I’m the one who has the random piles of stuff everywhere. :lol:
SAME. :frolic:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Me too :frolic:
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Exhibit 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I make people clear anything left on the dining table before dinner.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

emma_p wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:28 pm I make people clear anything left on the dining table before dinner.
Oh so do I. "Can everyone move this crap of the table?!!" I scream, like a banshee, whilst pretending half of it isn't mine.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

:look: are you me?