FML

Squirrel

Re: FML

Post by Squirrel »

Wiggle contact the restaurant. My husband did this and they were able to cancel it directly for him, rather than appealing it with the parking company. I guess it may help if you have a table booking that they can verify or evidence of payment.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Yes - same for A and his barbers - they can retrospectively sort for you.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

M&S keep having to do that for my dad as it takes him so long to do his food shop there :ella: Hopefully the restaurant will be able to sort it for you Wiggle.

S was due to go on a school trip tomorrow and D was going as a parent volunteer. They were going to leave the house at 7am and not be back til 8pm and I was going to spend most of the day in glorious isolation. Then S vomited yesterday morning and it’s all off :cry:

(School would have waved the 48 hour thing because it would have been about 45 hours and he’s been fine ever since but the idea of him being 3+ hours from home and being ill again just doesn’t seem sensible)
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Thanks all! I do have a booking reference and will contact the restaurant tomorrow to see what they can do.

Froozy, I think that is a wise decision, hope S is okay.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Did you get anywhere, Wiggle?

I complained to the breakdown lot and got £100 refunded which I think I will take as it is better than nothing. The rest of it I'll put down to learning an expensive lesson!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I've just got an email confirming they have cancelled it from their side. I've asked if I should expect a letter from the car park company as well. So a massive thanks for your help!

Lily, that's some kind of progress that you got some money refunded back.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

In a coda to Tyregate, in a twist which will shock absolutely nobody, I've just cleaned my car and I do have a spare in the boot. Fffffffffffs.

Luna

Post by Luna »

Noooooooooooooo
Margo

Post by Margo »

Oh, Lily, no!
Little My

Post by Little My »

Annoying, but at least now you know for future reference. :uhh:

Honestly, they should have double checked whether you had one or not though before towing.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Last night I popped out to the corner shop with no coat, no glasses and no phone, came back and couldn't open my front door. My neighbour (a builder) failed to open it too and let me use his phone to call an emergency locksmith. I had to wait in another neighbour's house for 1.5 hours for him to arrive and smash his way in - the night latch had given up the ghost. That cost £227. Then he quoted me an additional £671 to replace the lock :lol: :lol: :lol:

I said no as I still have a mortise and a lockable porch and got quotes this morning - someone is doing it tomorrow for £118.

Absolute chancer.
Luce

Post by Luce »

That is terrible but the thing that made me shudder there was an unexpected 1.5 hours in a neighbour’s house :cry:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I read that as sitting in the house for the neighbour to arrive. :lol:

Poor Nine! I got one of those little boxes to stick on the wall with a code only you know to put spare keys in.

Little My, I'm wondering if I might give that a go to see if I can get any more money refunded. I need to renew my breakdown cover with someone, but I really don't feel like doing it at the moment. :grump:

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I reckon they should have double checked like my breakdown person did, Lily. Even if you don't get money back it's worth raising it so the next person won't have the same experience.

What a nightmare, Nine!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

Lily wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:35 pm I got one of those little boxes to stick on the wall with a code only you know to put spare keys in.
That won't help if the lock is broken though.

I had a neighbour in mine a few years back for similar reasons, I don't think either of us were very comfortable. :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

I just waited outside my house when my key snapped off in the lock.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

That's true. Stupid of me, sorry.

Thank you Ken, I will definitely mention it as it might help someone else.

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I mean, honestly, we can't be the only two in the world who had a spare and didn't know. ;)
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Mine aren’t as expensive as the last two, but I’ve pulled threads in the sleeve of my new fine knit jumper on the stupid Velcro on the stupid recycling bags and I bought Squeak some fine liners in a little stationery shop earlier and they were dead expensive for what they are and 2 of the 5 don’t bloody work. I’m not about to go back over it, just moan here.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Kenickie wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:41 pm I mean, honestly, we can't be the only two in the world who had a spare and didn't know. ;)
Probably not, as the spare wheel is often much narrrower than the 'proper' wheels on the car and, therefore, much easier to hide in the boot. :lol: (Beware though, you aren't supposed to drive very far or very fast on them.)

I'm in London for 24 hours to see my sister in hospital. Stayed at a Heathrow hotel last night, as it was too late to negotiate public transport into town. Just had breakfast. Alone. Seated next to a heavily-tattooed lone man who looked like Drax in a basketball vest. He never. Stopped. Farting. He did say "excuse me" each time. Which I suppose was something. :lol:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))