FML

Scooter

Re: FML

Post by Scooter »

I remember it similar to leap: BLue Bottom Left, BRown Bottom Right. Doesn’t help me here though!
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I have been counting down the days until my children go back to school. That is Wednesday next week. However, S now has to have an operation under general anaesthetic on Friday next week, and needs to isolate with just one parent (that would be me) for three full days beforehand. So, no return to school for him, and he and I will be together for pretty much all next week. And the reason why he needs this operation? He stuck a googly eye that came off one of his stuffed toys so far into his ear they can't get it out any other way, and it's a risk to his hearing if left in place. My feelings, they are quite strong. :bite:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Liv :mog: I'm sorry, but.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Oh no, Liv!
Malan
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Oh Liv :( I am not surprised your feelings are strong!
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Oh Liv!
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Oh no, Liv! Much sympathy!

I was just having a quick break in the hammock, when the rope snapped and dumped me unceremoniously onto the hard ground. My bum hurts. :cry:
Note to self: start diet. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Oh Zooms- you poor old thing!
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Yes. :sniffle: Mostly, I was quietly mortified to myself, even though there was absolutely no one around to see me. :lol:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

A huge piece of work I wrote for a client has been designed and published. The client added in loads of errors before doing so, despite me offering to proof-read it, so I can't use it in my portfolio now. FFS.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Zoomer, you poor bastard.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Beatrix wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:27 pm
That’s very irritating, nine. Could you contact them pointing out the errors? I don’t know if that’s something one does though.
There’s not much point, as it’s in print. I have done it when the work has been online though, and they thanked me and corrected it.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I saw a few ants near my kitchen door this afternoon so I swept and mopped the whole area making sure there wasn’t any food and I checked the door before going to bed and it’s swarming with ants. :vomit: The boys and I have been at football since 5.45pm and I ushered them straight up when we got in to shower so I didn’t even realise until it was pitch black outside. Plus we have a bloody coyote lurking around at night which doesn’t help.

Mr O is away until Sunday so I boiled the kettle to at least pour some water from wherever it looks like they’re coming in. It’s a crack near the top of the door that I can’t reach and I manage to splatter myself twice with boiling water (not badly obvs). I’ve sprayed the inside and outside of the door with some citrus bleach stuff and hope they’re not all over the kitchen in the morning. :ruby:
Little My

Post by Little My »

olive wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:13 am I saw a few ants near my kitchen door this afternoon so I swept and mopped the whole area making sure there wasn’t any food and I checked the door before going to bed and it’s swarming with ants. :vomit: The boys and I have been at football since 5.45pm and I ushered them straight up when we got in to shower so I didn’t even realise until it was pitch black outside. Plus we have a bloody coyote lurking around at night which doesn’t help.

Mr O is away until Sunday so I boiled the kettle to at least pour some water from wherever it looks like they’re coming in. It’s a crack near the top of the door that I can’t reach and I manage to splatter myself twice with boiling water (not badly obvs). I’ve sprayed the inside and outside of the door with some citrus bleach stuff and hope they’re not all over the kitchen in the morning. :ruby:
I hate ants, we are often plagued with them. You can make little barriers out of cinnamon to stop them going certain avenues. And I've found those little bait traps are good for putting around entry points. (Although it's not immediate.)
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

There were a ton of dead ones this morning so I think the bleach spray must have done the trick. I poured boiling water all around the back door and have jet washed and sprayed with the pest stuff we have. :fc: I can stay on top of them.

You’ve reminded me that I actually have cinnamon & cloves in little bags in the pantry from the last time we had ants and they didn’t go into the pantry this time so I’ll hang a little bag above back door too! At least it’ll smell nice and autumnal.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Hahaha. My best/worse one yet!
Malan
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Marth! :lol:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Marth! What are you doing?! :mog:
Marth

Post by Marth »

It's this bloody keyboard. I always hit gif instead of space-bar
Malan
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Fucking hell :mog:.