FML

sally maclennane

Re: FML

Post by sally maclennane »

Arghh, houses are money pits.

My FML is that my mum is going to Ireland on Thursday and is flying there. We've already been through the trauma of booking the flights, and then the airline changing the times. Tonight I phoned her to see if she needed to do online check in and print out boarding passes. She did her usual "oh I have no idea" so I suggested she forward the booking email onto me. I had to talk her through forwarding an email :doh: No matter what I said, she couldn't do it so I said just give me the reference number and I should be able to log in with that.
"What number?"
"The booking reference"
"Where would that be?"
"Somewhere in the email, it'll say reference number beside it"
"Is this it?" *reads out flight number"
"No, hang on, I think I made a note of it when I was booking your flight" (obviously anticipating stuff like this)

I hung up, log on to Loganair website and turns out you can get your boarding pass at the airport - no extra charge :doh:

Parents and technology = a whole world of pain :mog:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I was having a late shower and decided to veet my top lip. I’d just applied it and the doorbell rang for a parcel. :cry:

After hurriedly wiping it off I answered the door and decided to just have the shower.

I got in with my bra on. My only bra as all the others were washed yesterday and are still drying.

Instead of drying my hair I’m drying a bra with my hairdryer.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Yes, water ingress is generally not covered. So annoying.

My fml is after nearly three weeks of dieting, I’ve lost the grand total of two pounds 😭
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

We have a large 4-seater sofa in front of the TV - half is chaise style. In the other part of the room, we have a large 2-seater and then we also have a swivel chair. I had a vision in my head that it gave us space to spread out in the living area as the girls got older and we weren’t all watching the same programme. One reading over there, a couple watching Tv, another on their laptop.

But no. The chomping farting small people insist on sitting on the large sofa watching their own TV programmes on their chromebooks while I’m trying to watch mine. And asking them to move is mean, apparently.
Lola

Post by Lola »

:lol: I feel your pain, Wendy. We only have one sofa & even when we had 2 we always had to be on the same one together :cry:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

A FML on behalf of Sproglette, who put 3/4 cup of baking powder in the breakfast cookies rather than 3/4 tsp.

And FML for realising this when she gave us all some to try.
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

wendy james wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:30 am A FML on behalf of Sproglette, who put 3/4 cup of baking powder in the breakfast cookies rather than 3/4 tsp.

And FML for realising this when she gave us all some to try.
:cry: :)) Oh God, poor Sproglette (and poor you!)
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Poor Sproglette!

My FML: I was talking to our defense counsel and trying to say I would be camera ready should the settlement conference go to Zoom but what I said was, "I will have clothes on". This was met with silence on the other end of the phone.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Five! :lol:
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Oh no :lol:
Little My

Post by Little My »

:mog:
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Oh, that's a good one. Sorry, Five.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Oh lord. At least it was your counsel and not the other side!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

:mog: You'd think the most poe-faced of people might have sniggered at that.

FML because I paid in a cheque on Saturday using the app spending aaaaaaaaages getting it to accept it because of "bends and tears and too much light and not enough light and wrong dimensions" :blah: and it should have cleared today, only it hasn't. Rang the bank first thing and was told there was no record of it so I should resubmit it. Went through the whole submission performance again (cue more too much light, wrong dimensions, can't read it :blah: :blah: ) only to be told that the cheque had already been submitted. Rang bank again and was told oh yes, that cheque is in the system but hasn't been cleared yet. Asked why the last person I spoke to hadn't told me this: "We have access to different systems". WTF is the point of that??? :verm: Submitted a complaint to bank, but kept being told I'd used invalid characters. Removed all punctuation in turn to figure out what an invalid character was. It turned out to be a question mark. So now my bank have forced me to submit a sentence which is grammatically incorrect. :bomb: So I did a separate complaint about submitting a complaint as well.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Lily wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:53 am So now my bank have forced me to submit a sentence which is grammatically incorrect. :bomb: So I did a separate complaint about submitting a complaint as well.
:lol: Sorry, that sounds frustrating, but I love that you submitted another complaint.

My husband shouted out to me this morning, " Are you going to wear clothes today, Darling?" :lg:
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

And are you, Five? :))
Lola

Post by Lola »

Lily :lol:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

That joke will never get old, Five.

Fair play to First Direct: they've rung me about my complaint & given me £50 for the inconvenience as well as confirming the cheque will be in tonight. It was worth the lack of question mark (almost).
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Woohoo, quids in!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Five :mog:

Good work, Lils
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.