SunnyMum

Re: FML

Post by SunnyMum »

Urgh, Kleio, that sounds horrid.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I cringed reading that Kleio.

Im a yeast murdering bitch. I've attempted to activate 3 lots now from 2 different packs and none are working. Both well within date. So no pizza for me tonight :(
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Cube got a new bike (to him) in March. It was from a place that sells reconditioned bikes and has a great reputation.

Since then I’ve had the brakes replaced, the gear cables replaced, the gears realigned (twice) and he’s also popped a tyre.

His dad said he’d replace the tyre and brought it back with dodgy gears so I told him to fix that too. He said he “took it to a professional” but brought it back with the same dodgy gears so I it for its second realignment and had the cables replaced.

Now Cube has popped the same bloody tyre. Honestly, it’s like triggers broom at the moment and I just can’t face driving it to the guy who repairs it again or paying for it any more.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Kleio wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:37 pm Cube got a new bike (to him) in March. It was from a place that sells reconditioned bikes and has a great reputation.

Since then I’ve had the brakes replaced, the gear cables replaced, the gears realigned (twice) and he’s also popped a tyre.

His dad said he’d replace the tyre and brought it back with dodgy gears so I told him to fix that too. He said he “took it to a professional” but brought it back with the same dodgy gears so I it for its second realignment and had the cables replaced.

Now Cube has popped the same bloody tyre. Honestly, it’s like triggers broom at the moment and I just can’t face driving it to the guy who repairs it again or paying for it any more.
When you say popped a tyre? what do you mean?
Malan
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

It’s gone flat. Burst.

Apparently his dads ‘repair’ was a new inner tube but the actual tyre is perishing and needed replacing.

He’ll just have to walk until next month.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I got a broken chain fixed on FRIDAY! I don’t want to even look at the thing. I’m at the point in just raiding Halfords after midnight for a new one.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Kleio wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:50 pm It’s gone flat. Burst.

Apparently his dads ‘repair’ was a new inner tube but the actual tyre is perishing and needed replacing.

He’ll just have to walk until next month.
It's pretty straightforward to replace a inner tube if you wanted to have a go yourself. Cube could then learn as well.
Malan
Marth

Post by Marth »

Oh I see it's got another puncture. Same goes for that as well. I've got to repair mine today. A tyre could be ordered off the internet and replaced really easily. Though I get it if it feels like one too many things to have to deal with, when his dad could just sort it out.
Malan
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I think it’s just because it’s just another thing down to me and over the last 4 weeks it’s had an issue every single week.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Kleio wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:18 pm I think it’s just because it’s just another thing down to me and over the last 4 weeks it’s had an issue every single week.
Yes, I totally get that. It's totally not fair. (Says the woman who had to teach SB1 to shave because his dad couldn't be bothered)

When things ease a bike maintenance course might be good for Cube. Lots of councils do them for free, and they are so useful.
Malan
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That’s a great idea.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Ah. String theory :))?
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I made a big pot of goulash over the weekend and it's not actually very nice, for some reason. And now I have A LOT of goulash that nobody wants to eat. I can't even give it to the dogs because it's mildly spicy. :mad:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Can you freeze it, Zoomer?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

So no one can eat it in a few months? ;)
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Kenickie wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:10 am So no one can eat it in a few months? ;)
I do this a lot. Although actually things like goulash or stew often improve after freezing, for some reason.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I made soup and it was far too hot because I put in too much Thai red curry paste. I had to dump the whole batch.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Kenickie wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:10 am So no one can eat it in a few months? ;)
:lol: That's exactly what would happen, except it would probably stay in the freezer for years. Or I'd pull it out as an emergency dinner one night and then be sorely disappointed.

Ooh, sympathies Pip. Although I'd probably still eat it, bright red and with steam coming out of my ears, just to keep up my reputation as Teflon Gob. :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

I stuff gifts I've bought for people under our bed. Tonight I wrapped Ss birthday stuff. Couldn't find one item, so spent ages flapping around trying to find it, bashed my head on the COD three times and nearly dislocated my shoulder when I managed to basically wedge it under the edge of the bed :lol:. Finally reached it, remembered it was actually more suitable for Christmas :mog: FUXACHE :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ouch Beatrix. Vicks!