FML

sally maclennane

Re: FML

Post by sally maclennane »

I've been in a training session all day, and it overran. So I missed my train home, and the next one wasn't for half an hour. So I decided to get one to another station which is about a 15 minute walk from my house. It wouldn't get me home any quicker when I factor in the walk but it was better than hanging about the station. Except there were two trains going to this other station, and I got on the one that goes the long way :doh: So now I'll get home later than if I waited on my original train :verm:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Lily, I was going to ask what bank as I had a feeling that it certainly sounded like the time of thing that would happen at the place I'm employed by :look: :lol:

Oh Sal, that's so annoying! Me and A factored our train journey on Saturday to Manc around the fastest, direct train, but it turned out that EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD had too, so it was fucking HEAVING, and then ended up taking 1hr30 instead of 58 minutes.
Little My

Post by Little My »

I just had to remove a tick that was imbedded between my toes. :bob:
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Little My wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:52 pm I just had to remove a tick that was imbedded between my toes. :bob:
OH MY GOD!
Malan
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Yikes!
Marth

Post by Marth »

Pressed accept instead of decline on a low Vinted offer and then wrote a post about it and lost it .
Malan
Disco

Post by Disco »

Little My wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:52 pm I just had to remove a tick that was imbedded between my toes. :bob:
Fuck, fuck. What are you supposed to do now Squeeze and squeeze and submerge in disinfectant. Go to your GP for antibiotics. I think? Isn't that the done deal? I'm too scared of ticks.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Right?! It was deeply traumatizing! I knew waiting for someone else to help me wasn't a great plan (Lyme disease risk increases the longer it's in there). Luckily I had a tick-removal tool, which was pretty easy to use. But it HURT, and made a horrible popping sensation when it was dislodged.

I swabbed the area with rubbing alcohol, and it looks like a clean extraction at least. We'll take a picture of the tick and send that to be properly identified, but I don't think it's the type that carry Lyme disease. If it is, I'd probably get antibiotics if other symptoms appear. I think it couldn't have been there longer than 24 hours, but obviously don't really know for sure.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

You need to look out for a bullseye rash although I’m not sure what that would look like around your toes.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Yeah, I wondered that myself. And the surrounding area is already bruised.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Argh Little Me!

I am going on a long awaited long planned visit to Sicily with my brother and his family on Thursday as my nephews are volcano mad. Etna erupted yesterday :verm:
Little My

Post by Little My »

Oh no! Same thing happened to us, right after we left Iceland last year.

The tick people are telling me it's not a tick that carries Lyme disease. (Yay.) Glossing over the fact it could be one of two other types that might give you worse, but much rarer, diseases.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Argh, ticks! :eek: I've removed one or two from the cats, but never considered the possibility of having to take one off me. Ouch!

My FML is very minor in the great scheme of things. R and I are in Portugal. I packed a couple of books for the trip. One was this month's book club choice, and the other was a new-looking paperback that looked unread. I've just finished the book club book and discovered that I have, in fact, read the other one. And thought the plot half-witted. :(
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Little My

Post by Little My »

FML, why do the things I want to frame never match up with standard framing sizes?! It's a conspiracy.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’ve got two prints that were given to me for Christmas 2021 and I’ve still not got them on my wall for that very reason, LM. We really, really need to get around to taking them to a framers but never do.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It does my head in too. I finally framed something recently after having it sat under the bed for two years. Now I need an A4 frame and everywhere I look is 10” x 8” only.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’ve used online companies before for bespoke sizes of frames and mounts, is there a similar one that would work economically for you guys in forrin?

I think I’ve used this one before for the UK

https://www.eframe.co.uk/custom-frames/ ... S4QAvD_BwE

Or it might have been this one:
https://www.easy-frame.co.uk/made-to-me ... iEQAvD_BwE

They all offer pretty similar things
Marth

Post by Marth »

I've used eframe before as well.
Malan
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Thanks both, I shall see if something similar is available here.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Bollocks to today.

First of all, my new colleague was showing me some photos and I made a comment about how her shorter, spikier hair and how much it suits her. Of course it was her mum in the photo. I was mortified.

Then when I left the office I walked out with my boss (who was present for the mum thing and laughed at me) but because he was ready to go I didn’t use the loo on the way out. And then I got on the right bus but wrong direction so a journey that should take 20 mins is now taking 50 mins and I’m busting for the loo.