Facebook Muppets

Zoomer

Re: Facebook Muppets

Post by Zoomer »

:look: I hope she doesn't live alone, PG? Sounds like an intervention might be needed there.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

smalex wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:33 pm Oh god, now my university frenemy (mature student who's a twat) has shared a FB- put a heart next to the places in the world you've been. Yeah, that's a great game, brag about the places you've been when it's basically illegal to go in your neighbour's house.
Is this the one where people have put hearts beside "bathroom", "bedroom" etc as a joke, or is she really that much of a douche?
smalex

Post by smalex »

Smunder Woman wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:53 am
smalex wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:33 pm Oh god, now my university frenemy (mature student who's a twat) has shared a FB- put a heart next to the places in the world you've been. Yeah, that's a great game, brag about the places you've been when it's basically illegal to go in your neighbour's house.
Is this the one where people have put hearts beside "bathroom", "bedroom" etc as a joke, or is she really that much of a douche?
No :lol: it's actual countries. With a 'the average is 8, I believe' (inevitably she's ticked off about 25).
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Zoomer wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:51 am :look: I hope she doesn't live alone, PG? Sounds like an intervention might be needed there.
No, her husband is with her, fortunately. She constantly posts political rants of multiple paragraphs, but in the last couple of days has also started posting them directly on my page :
WE ARE UNDER CIBERNETIC ATTACK - Fake news are posted on our facebook pages and on our personal email accounts. BEWARE and if anyone of you know what can we do about it, please go and do it and do us all a favour

It's very much in character but has just stepped up a notch.

They've moved back to the UK now, but when they were living near us I'm fairly sure they were (subtly) trying to get us to swing with them :lol:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

smalex wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:56 am
Smunder Woman wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:53 am
No :lol: it's actual countries. With a 'the average is 8, I believe' (inevitably she's ticked off about 25).
Ah that is the one I've seen, but everyone was ignoring the countries and adding rooms instead. What a knob :))
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I never bother to read her posts as they're almost always as long as the articles she's posting along with her comment! This is about an Independent article about Johnson not joining in with the mask purchase the EU is making. She posted the article on my page (and apparently on all her friends' pages), along with her comment of about 10 paragraphs, ending with
Mad Lady wrote:History repeating itself, someone will say: please do not delude yourseves. None of us can disclaim the shared knowledge of past and were they led to: inaction today inevitably spells cowardice and complicity for each of us and British society as a whole.Too late German patriots woke up and plotted assassination plots when they were doomed to fail. May not be too late when the British people wake up and call for a National coalition government headed by Corbyn to save our nation.
Then she has commented on her own post:
Mad Lady wrote: I apologise to my friends that considered this post that I personally stuck on their pages an invasion of their spaces that none of them authorized, but there aren't many of us left who are not afraid to look at things in their face no matter how unpleasant they are, not many that genuinely feel for those doctors and nurses required to carry on working without proper protection who are torn apart between their loyalties to their jobs and their patients and their family, whom they will infect when they also will contract the infection - which will inevitably will happen. Can you imagin how doctors must feel who have seen old and young people developing the worse symptoms of the disease and also seen some of them dying from it? Can imagine them asking themselves what kind of symptoms their wives, husbands and children will develop that they infected? It is too horrible to contemplate. Still what more can they do about it beside writing to the minister of health denouncing their situation and demanding to be provided with appropriate mask to work with? This they have done already and their complaint was read by the ITV journalist to the member of governments that she interviewed, who looked elsewhere. And the same gose for the shortage of respirators that the doctors denounced to the government now, when something could still be done that prevent or at least postponed that terrible task that our doctors must face to decide who of two patients must have one and who must be left to die. And what was the government answer? A law that required three senior doctors to jointly make that decision, collectively absolving each of them from the consequences of their decision before human law. It was bad enough to know that if our government had acted responsibly and prepared for this epidemic doctors would have certainly had a very hard time but not have found themselves in this shit. But when I sow our PM turn down the only option open to him, to us as a country, to mitigate if not resolve this dramatic situation and hope that no one should ever find himself forced to play god to his patients, then I cannot be silent. Because there is a difference between misfortune and accidental death and premeditated death.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Wow. I gave up after 4 sentences.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

smalex wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:30 pm Wow. I gave up after 4 sentences.
You lasted far longer than me!
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

She must spend her whole day doing this :( But apparently hasn't noticed that Corbyn is stepping down.
smalex

Post by smalex »

And now the second of the TWO girls I went to school with to recently win the lottery has chosen now (she won in January) to announce it on FB. 'To cheer everyone up' :mog:
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Your turn next, smal?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

smalex wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:03 pm And now the second of the TWO girls I went to school with to recently win the lottery has chosen now (she won in January) to announce it on FB. 'To cheer everyone up' :mog:
Jesus. Still, there’s fuck-all to buy or do now as long as your (one’s) bills are covered, so she should... enjoy?
smalex

Post by smalex »

She seems to have completed on a house today, so not quite nothing. Although 'it needs a lot of work which will sadly need to wait'. Oh boo hoo.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

smalex wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:03 pm And now the second of the TWO girls I went to school with to recently win the lottery has chosen now (she won in January) to announce it on FB. 'To cheer everyone up' :mog:
How selfless of her! :lol:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Will it's great to see the people of Frome are dealing with the pandemic in the best way possible.. :lol:
FB_IMG_1585422012914.jpg
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

They probably want to wear them while participating in an online gong bath.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

:mog:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

From a Facebook post from a Reiki practitioner which was shared by my cousin (who’s a nurse and should know better)

I will be sending distance healing today at 7pm. If you would like your name to be added to my list, please message me, or comment below there will be no charge for this during the Covid-19 outbreak.

So, yeah, distance Reiki, that’s kind of meta-lentil-y
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Digs would be all over that :mog:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

No charge! How generous :lol:.