Facebook Muppets

Derek Nimmo

Re: Facebook Muppets

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Maybe Person 2 thinks that Person 1 has a fear of motorbikes? :))
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

:lol: so a joke fell flat because person 1 understandably, like most non bikers, has no clue that CBT is also the motorcycle theory test. So then person 2 has to stop themselves looking like a bit of a twat. And fails.
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

:lol:
Jet

Post by Jet »

No no no
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Hamm

Post by Hamm »

If you don't share it then you clearly don't love your children.
smalex

Post by smalex »

My son is not the only man I'll ever need, so shucks, she must be a better mother than me.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I find those sorts of things really creepy. See also: ‘Date Night with the Li’l Man’.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Yep. Date implies the possibility of having sex one day :ttth:.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

EW. :(
smalex

Post by smalex »

TBF, the term play date for a child-centric get together is pretty commonly used, but date night with l'il man does make me very eye roll-y.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Play date sits fine with me because ‘it’s a date’ is often used with no romantic or sexual implication and also because it is children who are meeting.

A date night for an adult and a child? Wronger than a wrong thing from Wrongsville.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I’ve had “dinner dates” with mine but I don’t like “date night” when used with kids.

We’ve had this discussion before. *stating the obvious”

I hate that meme.
Hamm

Post by Hamm »

IMG_4515.PNG

I've ended up on a few local FB sites. A lot of it is people selling crap. These are my two favourites.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Buying both the sandals and the hair extensions could result in an interesting look.

Mr R is going to unfriend/hide this hashtag bore but he let me have a screenshot first. :))
Screenshot 2018-01-19 at 11.33.52 - Edited.png
I think the Arbonne hashtag is the key one here. It seems to be the new Younique, it's yet more MLM and it's going to get very annoying very soon.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Arbonne definitely is like that. My sister's antenatal friend got really into it. It was perplexing because this woman was a psychiatrist in the NHS, but then got obsessed with selling this, she really seemed to think she might pack in being a Dr in favour of it! It was all really awkward and cringey.

Anyway, I bet the #locallyowned #coffeshop is going to be #prettyfuckedoff with #you #stealing their #table all #day while you #probably #only #buy one #coffee all #day.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Arbonne is yet more MLM bullshit that exploits women who have (usually) been out of the paid workforce :blah:. Also, if you're working for a big corporation like that, you're not your own boss. I hate that people fall for this shit.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I read one of the hashtags as #dreamidiot, which is probably more apt.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Loralei wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:58 pm I read one of the hashtags as #dreamidiot, which is probably more apt.
:lol:

I don't know why but #girlboss gave me the biggest rage. Probably because of your point, Ella, and also GIRL. :ella:

She's someone who Mr R has worked with a couple of times on voice jobs who relatively recently asked to connect. He now reckons it's because of this Arbonne shit more than anything else and so he's hidden her. So her social marketing skills are for shit too. :))

Unfortunately this kind of thing, the MLM stuff, is rife in the acting community for obvious reasons. I've had one (male) colleague who did the Utilities Warehouse sales pitch on me and I've got at least two more women on Linked in spouting off about Herbalife/Younique/whogivesafuck.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I actually went for a Bupa health check through work last year and the consultant who was carrying out the review tried to peddle Arbonne to me, which I thought was disgusting, as it does completely prey on the vunerable making them think they can make $$$$ and it's mostly an overpriced, low quality crap product to hide behind the fact it's a pyramid scheme.

She started saying "have you ever considered using plant based products, only that I've got my own busine..." and I shut it down immediately with "What? Is it Arbonne? No ta". She still tried to give me her business card for it in case I changed my mind and wanted to stop spreading cancer on my face with my dirty moisteriser made from small childrens tears.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

On cursory glance I read #Arbonne as #Airborne. Both appalling in their own way.