Facebook Muppets

Ruby

Re: Facebook Muppets

Post by Ruby »

I can never leave my local town's Facebook group. What if I missed something like this anonymous letter someone received;
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

:mog:
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Amazing :lol:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

It's honestly made my day.
smalex

Post by smalex »

:lol:
indigo

Post by indigo »

AMAZING. :lol: The breakthrough case that every rookie lawyer will be looking out for.
smalex

Post by smalex »

:lol:

There surely can't be many 6'6" men in your town, he must be quite easy to identify.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Ruby wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:43 pm I can never leave my local town's Facebook group. What if I missed something like this anonymous letter someone received;
“passed” Sign of a fuckwit.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

This exchange appeared on my local page under an infographic about maintaining social distance in Morrisons. Poor Abbie - irony was clearly wasted on the numpties who replied :))
Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 17.42.24.png
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:00 pm I hate the way people treat local groups like some kind of general discussion forum. We've had people asking for advice on noisy neighbours and how to get a refund for flights. Why Google when you can simply leave a message on 6000 people's news feed instead?
Local groups are a safeguarding nightmare.

Posts looking for "missing" women, with loads of people then looking out for them. It chills me those ones. Ones for missing teens too. Maybe there is a fucking reason they needed to leave!

People finding oyster cards of children and posting photos with the photo and name not covered over, ditto bank cards with nothing blanked out.

We had one woman on the local Covid Mutual Aid group talking about her neighbour who she is sure is being abused by her sister and what could she do? I know post about it on a local group with thousands of members, hopefully quite a few of them reading could be family, neighbours, the abusive sister herself. Why not just go and take her picture of her face and name and address and post that? I did raise confidentiality and safely but no one seemed to think it was a problem, including a local councillor who decided to get involved.

We have people moaning about neighbours, taking pictures of people dropping litter and alsorts on ours. Would you not worry that your neighbour would be reading you calling her a slag, and come and put a brick through your window?
Malan
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Yes, they are dreadful for that sort of thing. The missing teens posts are worrying.

I've said before on here about the 'abused' pets on mine. A cat just has to look 'a bit unkempt' to be taken into custody and hauled off to the vet by a well-meaning passer by, and the police had to get involved a while ago when someone rescued a dog from its owners garden - people were going round to peer over the wall.

Lately it's been accusations of being rude to 'heroes' working in supermarkets. No trial, evidence, right of reply - just 'They should be banned for life!' and 'Name and shame them!'. Four posts down, the baying mob will be joining in a 'be kind' thread, reminding people that it's ok to be not ok. But not if you're the person who got a bit crabby because of lack of loo roll or flour, presumably.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I don't think that I've ever seen a missing anyone post on any of my local pages. It would be weird if I did, I think.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

They are two a penny on mine. I left my local groups and I really feel so much better for it.
Malan
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I don't think I've seen missing women or teenagers on mine either, maybe I should stop moaning! We did recently get a debate inspired by someone having smeared dog shit down the windscreen of a car parked on the pavement but that's about as contentious as it gets.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Ruby's anonymous note is one of the best things I've ever seen.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

We get lots of ‘I would like to say a big thank you . . .’ ones. To people who park badly, let their cats poo in gardens, put pizza boxes in hedges etc. Nothing yet thanking owners of rogue gas flues though.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

The ones that really fuck me off always begin 'to the person that...'

Fuck off, you attention seeking cunt. 🖕
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

We have a dog poo problem round here. What I’m 100% sure won’t help to fix it, is posting pictures of the dog poo on social media :ella:. Pictures of shit! I despair.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I like Mark Thomas' suggestion. Take a Polaroid of the owner, and attach it to a stick to be placed into the turd like a flag.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

We have a phantom dog poo chalker. S/he draws around dog poo with chalk, and sometimes adds written messages, also in chalk, then posts pictures to the local page. This has been going on for years (ten or more) and despite massive amounts of speculation nobody has a clue who it is, which is pretty marvellous, considering the curtain twitching that goes on.