What will you be stockpiling?

Squirrel

Re: What will you be stockpiling?

Post by Squirrel »

Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:11 pm I feel I need a photo. Do the fish fingers bloat a bit? Does the crumb sog off? I need to know.
:lol: he only makes it about once a year when I have some sort of last minute FUBAR and there’s no dinner. I then run screaming at the very mention so I’ve never seen it up close.

I believe he grills the FFs then mixes everything together. I would expect the crumb to sog off, yes. It’s a massive crime against the innocent ingredients that are perfectly good foods in their own right.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I'm a linguine or papardelle fan.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Thanks for the Aldi nappy tip!

I've never had tinned baby corn but I've not been able to get the fresh recently.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I also can't get sriracha anywhere so I'm going to buy a few when I can.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I just got sriracha in my tesco order, Ken.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Well bully for you. :alan:

;)
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I will squeeze some into a food bag and send it to you. It won’t be at all sinister when it drops through the letterbox after you’ve forgotten this conversation.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I got some sriracha from Sainsbury's this week but it wasn't the normal bottle/brand - it got subbed for some bourgeois brand and it's in a small glass bottle. There are very few meals that aren't made better by sriracha.

I don't want to cause a rush on tinned baby corn. :lol: Like all tinned veg, it's not *actually* nice, I just thought it would do in a Thai green curry - for example - in a potential Brexit situation.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:33 pm Was it one of these? :love:
Yes, I think so. :weewee: Although it was orange.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

nineseven wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:09 pm My mum and aunt make this mince dish known in the family as "splodge". It is an utterly flavourless concoction that uses mince, tomatoes and veg, with no herbs or spices whatsoever, served with rice. I have always refused to eat it.
I think I've mentioned before my dad's recipe for 'splosh'. This is minced beef, onions, diced potatoes and water boiled up together then a stock cube added. Sometimes but not always, the meat and onions were browned first.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Turtle Bean wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:13 pm
nineseven wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:09 pm My mum and aunt make this mince dish known in the family as "splodge". It is an utterly flavourless concoction that uses mince, tomatoes and veg, with no herbs or spices whatsoever, served with rice. I have always refused to eat it.
I think I've mentioned before my dad's recipe for 'splosh'. This is minced beef, onions, diced potatoes and water boiled up together then a stock cube added. Sometimes but not always, the meat and onions were browned first.
Oh god. This is what food will be like after Brexit, isn’t it?
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

cluefree wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:09 pm I will squeeze some into a food bag and send it to you. It won’t be at all sinister when it drops through the letterbox after you’ve forgotten this conversation.
:mog:

I love mince, so I bet I'd like splodge and splosh. One of my favourite meals as a child was a pitta you could fill with completely plain mince and spaghetti hoops (or baked beans).
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I keep thinking we’re not going to have any trade agreements* soon and getting really worried.

* with anybody useful
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

ExMrB's Mum used to make something like splodge. It was not inspiring. Awfully, I thought my Mum's cooking was really dull until I started having to eat there. I then worked out my Mum was good but unimaginative cook, and her meals a damn sight better than Thing served with three veg, 2 woefully undercooked, one woefully overcooked.
Ella77 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:49 am I keep thinking we’re not going to have any trade agreements* soon and getting really worried.
Even New Zealand are bored with us. :look:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It’s terrifying.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Look at the shambles they made organising the A-Level results. I have zero confidence this government are capable of anything as big as negotiating trade deals for a nation.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

They’re letting jingoism stand in the way of everything else, and they don’t care who dies.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

The hope* is they sign up to what the EU is bending over backwards to give us then spin it as a success.

*I am not confident, but I like a shred of something to hold onto.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

The one small glimmer of hope is that they have no qualms about u-turns, I mean nobody resigns or takes any actual responsibility but they have done quite a few u-turns.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »